What's The Funniest Pattaya Store Sign You've Seen?

Weho

Just a note about aspirated and unaspirated sounds in Thai. Thais have difficulty hearing and therefore writting the difference between a p and b when at the end of a syllable. We've all probably eaten steamed or boiled crap in The Kingdom.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and another one!!

How about?.......................Tesco Lotus

They're a joke. :o

On every police box in Pattaya WE SERVE AND PROTECT......any suggestions as to wot it should say maybe WE LIE CHEAT AND STEAL

WE SWERVE AND COLLECT is my bid.

I saw two I like:

GROSSORY SHOP, (forgot which soi I saw it on); I guess they sell gross things...

and

LANQUAGES SCHOOL, (bottom of Soi Khao Talo, just above Sukumvit); no comment needed.

Disclaimer: ok, so we're making fun of their English speaking abilities... but let's acknowledge that on their worst day, their English isstill 1,000 times better the way many of us speak Thai...

SIGN ON WEHOS BEDROOM DOOR - SHIRTS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES...dont ask me how i know i just want to forget the whole experience!!!! :o

...and another one!!

On every police box in Pattaya WE SERVE AND PROTECT......any suggestions as to wot it should say maybe WE LIE CHEAT AND STEAL

MIB - Men into Baht, or BIB - Boys into Baht

...and another one!!

top draw booman

like it

I saw two I like:

GROSSORY SHOP, (forgot which soi I saw it on); I guess they sell gross things...

and

LANQUAGES SCHOOL, (bottom of Soi Khao Talo, just above Sukumvit); no comment needed.

Disclaimer: ok, so we're making fun of their English speaking abilities... but let's acknowledge that on their worst day, their English isstill 1,000 times better the way many of us speak Thai...

thanks again for a great thread weho u r a genius.but dont be so shy ok u said in another topic u only go to 3rd base on first dates now we know thats not true ....... we managed a home run and the dug-out ,cant wait till next baby!!

A couple of friends on their first visit to BKK took a taxi from the airport.  They informed the driver to take then to a nice hotel.  'You know nice hotel' they asked him?

Yes sir , i know.

After driving for sometime, they noticed they were heading away from the busy city area

so they asked again  'nice hotel -  you know'?  Sure, sure sir dont wolly,

Suddenly the car stopped.  Why you stop here they asked?  This nice hotel sir!

Sure enough it was THE NICE H0TEL in some back water litle soi - god knows where.

Only 150 baht per night :o

A couple of friends on their first visit to BKK took a taxi from the airport. They informed the driver to take then to a nice hotel. 'You know nice hotel' they asked him?

Yes sir , i know.

After driving for sometime, they noticed they were heading away from the busy city area

so they asked again 'nice hotel - you know'? Sure, sure sir dont wolly,

Suddenly the car stopped. Why you stop here they asked? This nice hotel sir!

Sure enough it was THE NICE H0TEL in some back water litle soi - god knows where.

You know what I like about this post? Its probably true! :D:D

Soundman.

Not exactly a sign, but whilst doing a search for property in south Thailand just now..i found this (and remembered this thread)

2001735322285275620_rs.jpg

Condo + girl for a negotiable $600 a month. Bargain?

A couple of friends on their first visit to BKK took a taxi from the airport. They informed the driver to take then to a nice hotel. 'You know nice hotel' they asked him?

Yes sir , i know.

I don't know if we know each other but this is exactly what happened to me and my friend on our first trip to thailand now 14 years ago.We stayed there 2 nights and then came to pattaya.I remember at that time "nice hotel" had a branch in pattaya also near soi White rose.Don't know if it's still there.

A couple of friends on their first visit to BKK took a taxi from the airport.  They informed the driver to take then to a nice hotel.  'You know nice hotel' they asked him?

Yes sir , i know.

so they asked again  'nice hotel -  you know'?  Sure, sure sir dont wolly,

Suddenly the car stopped.  Why you stop here they asked?  This nice hotel sir!

Over in Amerigay, if you work in a business that ships items often, there is usually a box to fill in for the method of shipping... it's standard to simply write in "best way"... and of course, there is a HUGE shipping company called "BEST WAY". I'm sure they get a lot of business, unintentionally.

Silly signs in Pattaya?

I can do that! :o

Let's start small.

Found on Soi 12:

87Picture_076_1_.jpg

Stating the obvious on Soi Eight:

VVVVVavatar1.JPG

Found at KISS Food, Second Road.

they want you to buy it here!

K3738.JPG

On the east side of Suk.

Got any of that "Seented Oil"?

J3252.JPG

Okay, this one is a t-shirt but still!

How do you spell Canada?

H1365.JPG

And I don't know WHAT they're selling at this place!

K3289.JPG

~WISteve

Edited by WISteve

Yes sir , i know.

The Nice Palace also known as the Nice Hotel....soi1/1 Suttisan....

The Nice Hotel Pattaya....Second rd near Soi Diamond....now called the The Dream Hotel

We were staying at the Nice palace on my first trip and had to drop a mate at the airport...my mate asked the Taxi driver to take us to the Nice Palace and guess where we ended up....at the Royal Palace...interesting tour of Bangkok though.

My favourite sign was in the Jasmine Hotel, yeah the one that had a fire recently in Soi BJ....

No Gambling

All Owed

:D

"This establishment is not reposible for your belongings. Please check your guest before leaving."

Soundman.

Actually, that may be the best piece of unintentional advice ever posted in a hotel room. :o

I thought this was 'interesting' something else lost in transllation

This is one of the funniest signs I've ever seen... a bit disturbing, but funny... the venue needs to work on their grammar a tad...

the other entries were great too...

Ghana (accra)

road speed sign 24&1/2 mph ?

could never get a straight answer as to why

Easy ..... it's a conversion from 40kmph into miles (more accurately 24.8548, but that probably wouldn't have fit on the sign)

I did see an advert recently in one of my wifes god-awful gossips mags for "The Gland Hotel" ..... could have been worse I suppose.

A few more.

Too many typos to count on the drink menu:

87A0025_1_.jpg

They got most of it right on this sign:

87B1065_1_.jpg

But not a trash can in sight:

87B1046_1_.jpg

One of the BEST NAMES for a bar in Pattaya:

87B397_1_.jpg

Lost to the wrecking ball along Second Road I believe:

87Picture_072_1_.jpg

SUMMER MADNESS?