Thailand dreams of high-end cannabis tourism after marijuana is legalised

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

it would delist cannabis that has a tetrahydrocannabinol level of below 0.2%

The average THC level nowadays is around 15%. People interested in this brilliant Thai innovation may as well save themselves a pile of money and stay at home smoking the grass cuttings from their lawn, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Except everyone is allowed to grow it, you can’t control how people grow it, therefore you can’t control the THC level and they are getting better at it. Even the clinic has higher THC levels now. Even the oil has very high levels now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And do what with it?

Sell the hemp flowers to Them, your left with stalks and leaves good for rope and fabric.

2 hours ago, ehs818 said:

Why would those people with big cash to spend come here with all of the substandard things here. Roads, inconsistent water, electric, and internet infrastructure.

Add hemp oil to your list.

• Haha 2

Well this takes the biscuit!! I've heard some pipe dreams on the is site from various Thai officials/groups/government etc but really, cannabis for well being!! Are they really that naïve to think without THC levels there are practically no benefits to be had. I took part in one of the first clinical trial in Thailand for a very painful torn shoulder and the amount of paperwork and tests I had to undergo was crazy let alone a document I had to carry with me to say it was legal for me to have this tiny bottle of cannabis oil which by the way, did <deleted> all. To be fair, at the time I would have tried anything to avoid a 300,000 baht operation and must have tried every alternative treatment known to man. Not because of the cost but the recovery period was so long but cannabis oil is not the magical "fix all" they rant on about!!

image.png.547ac41a68ac25ad2642a2f0cef053fd.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin Charnvirakul, the public health minister, said that once the delisting comes into effect – 120 days after publication on the Royal Thai Government Gazette website – people will be able to grow cannabis plants at home after notifying their local government.

True. But ONLY cannabis plants yielding no more than 0.2% THC by dried weight. Every other plant variety will remain illegal.

Low-THC cannabis is also known as "commercial hemp" and is grown on an industrial scale mainly for its fibers, which can be made into linen cloth -- or ropes. These varieties will NOT make "high". You could just as well roll up your linen shirt and smoke it.

High-THC cannabis will remain illegal. Only "academic research institutes" and of the government are permitted to grow it in high-security compounds.

However, as far as I know, there are no limits on the content of that other main chemical compound in the cannabis plant, CBD (cannabidiol). Extracts and oils are reputed to have various beneficial medical effects.

In that context, "Thailand's cannabis liberalization" is misleading, as it only and exclusively refers to cannabis varieties that explicitly do NOT induce a "high".  

• Like 2