Thailand dreams of high-end cannabis tourism after marijuana is legalised

webfact

7 hours ago, robert888d said:

One of the worst decisions  Anutin has made. It lowers motivation, affects memory, damages the cortex, pregnant have babies with many defects, 17% of people become addicted,  and others go on to heroin etc, causes cancer etc.

Anutin will get even richer but Thailand will suffer in the long run.

I suggest you educate yourself as to what exactly is being legalised.

Then come back and apologise for posting such misleading nonsense.

• Thanks 2

Just looked out my window here in the US.. The house about 5 houses down is doing a good business. The cops pass by all the time ..

This is a middle class neighborhood.

Why would I come to Thailand for hemp... ha.

Edited by garyk

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s narcotics board announced in January it would delist cannabis that has a tetrahydrocannabinol level of below 0.2%,

What planet are they on.......0.2% ???????????????? they've clearly been smoking something a lot stronger.

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

As has been explained a thousand times , what is being legalised is essentially hemp , you cannot get high on it.

Oh, I don't know........sit out on the balcony a tote yourself through 2 or 3  25kg sacks - you might start to feel something.????

4 hours ago, Humpy said:

Cannabis affects the concentration. Just what we need on Thai roads..... drivers enjoying the drug !!

I wouldn't get too upset about it - believe me, at 0.2% THC it ain't going to affect anything.

Joking apart, this shows Anutin and his government buddies up for what they are - a bunch of clueless idiots.  They clearly have no knowledge of 'The Weed' whatsoever.

The stuff that most of us had a go with in our teens was around 12 - 15% THC and usually came in the form of resin.  I thought my Jamaican friends were lunatics for smoking 'Skunk' that was over 20% THC.  Some of today's Californian strains have been known to produce 33% THC.

0.2% THC..........the man's retarded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Niteowl45 said:

whatever, they could do the right thing, legalize for real and get a lot more tourists

I doubt many people would travel anywhere just to have a smoke even if this rubbish was the real deal.  Its still illegal in many countries but that doesn't stop hundreds of thousands of kilos being smoked every night.

On 4/6/2022 at 6:58 AM, IamNoone88 said:

That is like throwing a full moon party which only serves non-alchoholic drinks and expecting the crowds to arrive.

An average "joint" contains 25% THC and solid blocks range from 70% to 90% THC content.

Less than 0.2% has hardly a trace of THC ... so I doubt the potheads will arrive in droves or any-one else for that matter.

At the same time, sending confusing messages on legalising cannabis as a drug is only going to create further problems with those who are expecting to find the industry fully legalised and smoking a joint in public acceptable.

This is basically a hemp industry and not a marijuana industry. Hemp is less than 0.3% THC content as a class and cannabis (marijuana) is 0.3% and above - so that is still illegal. 

Be nice though, if they brought back the original "Thai Stick" and legalized it. Plentiful and good, back in the day....LOL

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, ezzra said:

Legalise prostitution and you'll see many more men tourists flooding Thailand...

and together with legalised pot and Thailand will be a Mecca to many of all sorts...

image.jpeg.fe5a8cafcb2fd68cd80412db3bd01ca5.jpeg 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, vidgra said:

hey guys ! it's all legal now ! let's have fun reading the idiotic posts of people who were supposed to know better than us that it cannabis would never be fully legalized ! hahahaahahah thank you so much for the laugh all you clowns !

Nice to come across such 'magnanimous in  victory'.....it had absolutely nothing, zero, zilch to do with your input by the way!, Which was mostly a search for cheap food. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 4/6/2022 at 3:43 AM, webfact said:

Thailand’s narcotics board announced in January it would delist cannabis that has a tetrahydrocannabinol level of below 0.2%, making it the first Asian country to do so. Thailand was also the first in south-east Asia to sanction medical use of marijuana in 2018.

All cannabis has been delisted.

Only extracts are limited to 0.2% THC.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:11 AM, Maha Sarakham said:

From backpackers to potheads, the true quality tourist that will save Thailand.

Elon Musk smokes.

So it follows that he'll hunker down in a windowless Khao San fleapit to save money for drugs next time he begpacks thru Bangkok.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

This will turn out to be another PR disaster to Thailand. Already on this forum people are believing it is legal and the average tourist will be clueless especially as there are shops blatantly selling it in public.

Cue the arrests of tourists and tales of extortion!

Sorry but I respectfully disagree,

The information that the government (and the Thai police) have released to us serfs has been confusing from day one, with conflicting statements, dependent on who is making the statement.

If I didn’t live here, I would guess that this whole issue was handled very badly and that the government is totally incompetent.

However, as I do live here, I will say thank you for the ganja and leave it at that.

I believe that we have now gone too far down the rabbit hole and the government/police have now lost control of the matter and to try to clamp down would be a mistake.

This legalization (?) seems to be immensely popular amongst the Thai people and eventually I envisage that the government will play on this popularity.

Even if they did decide to clamp down, I don’t think that it make any difference, I honestly believe that it would just go semi-underground.

Also, how would the 0.02% THC be checked and monitored, when everyone and his dog could be growing their own within the next year?

I believe that within the next couple of months the THC level will be removed (or just totally ignored) and new legislation will be introduced, probably much akin to the smoking laws, just to give some control back to the government.

Just my thoughts but I think that we are living in an interesting country at a very interesting time.

• Thanks 1

Those plants in the OP are  not 0/2% THC judging by the size of the buds. 

We are all free to grow and smoke weed of any THC content at home - It is only if we extract oils etc that the 0.2% ruling comes into effect. If people think a flower / bud is an extract of a plant, rather than part of the plant. Then that is akin to classing your nose as an item of clothing rather than being part of your face. 

Seedlings planted and off we go with perfect outdoor growing conditions. 

On 4/6/2022 at 4:48 AM, RichardColeman said:

You mean there wont be a party of 150 Indians that came to Thailand for a wedding completely out of their minds on weed on the beach stuffing themselves with 7/11 chocolate at midnight ? 

Gold snatching ladyboys paradise  ????

• Haha 2

On 6/11/2022 at 9:08 AM, Excel said:

Guess the high end cannabis tourists will go elsewhere  then where the THC is much higher

I don't see any point in higher than 20% THC.

I can only manage 1/2 joint at that level, then 15 minutes later I'm asleep.