Re entry into Thailand with a re entry permit and a Retirement Visa

3 minutes ago, nong38 said:

I have an O visa, when I last looked at the entry requirements which had covid insurance included the very last point on the bottom stated that this insurance was not available to Thais or foreigners living in Thailand, sorry I dont recall the official site I saw it on but it did seem as if the insurance mentioned with the 20k covid cover was aimed at tourists coming into the country rather than people who lived here. I am hoping that the covid restrictions will be eased in the near future but we will just have to see.

Yes, I have read the same thing, but it seems to be generally accepted that the Covid cover for the Thai Pass is for the entry to Thailand, regardless of where you are sitting when you apply for it or how long you intend to stay after arriving in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, nong38 said:

I have an O visa, when I last looked at the entry requirements which had covid insurance included the very last point on the bottom stated that this insurance was not available to Thais or foreigners living in Thailand, sorry I dont recall the official site I saw it on but it did seem as if the insurance mentioned with the 20k covid cover was aimed at tourists coming into the country rather than people who lived here. I am hoping that the covid restrictions will be eased in the near future but we will just have to see.

I think you misread this on the MFA FAQ's.

image.png.65f4fefe1d65bb73166a95ba2a4243ae.png

image.png.d641eff0300de94edc0673537f665b91.png

Source: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you misread this on the MFA FAQ's.

I think the OP is concerned about this:-

*This COVID-19 Insurance Policy for Thailand Inbound Travellers during the COVID-19 pandemic is intended for foreigners who wish to apply for COE or Thailand Pass, not for foreigners and Thai nationals who currently live in Thailand.

- but he seems unable to understand that he is entitled to apply for the purpose of applying for the Thailand Pass for entry to Thailand, and the fact that he will be returning on a re-entry permit, and not as a tourist, is irrelevant.