Finally succumbed to Covid-19

Nojohndoe

After starting 4 days back with some intense leg pain in the middle of the night but nothing more noticeable until today ! Strange fleeting muscle pains including the head, quite intense solid pain at the front of both knees, dry  minor cough and scratchy throat, only slight fever but fuzzy feeling and mild constant headache. Home RTK showed a slight positive so will be seeking more professional assessment tomorrow in the interest of possibly getting some "Recovery Certificate" .Have not had any booster shot so maybe such a Certificate will count as one.

Certainly not feeling wonderful but so far very tolerable with adequate use of paracetamol. Covid is  rife around our area now!

Post Songkran no doubt will see complete herd immunity of stragglers one way or the other!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nojohndoe said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Wishing you well, it sounds nasty. But do please tell us all, where is 'our area?'

1 minute ago, Nojohndoe said:

Close Cambodia border about midway from Korat and Buriram

Thanks for that, glad I asked. My wife's daughter and her partner frequent that area and I think they might be planning to visit over Songkran. I'll drop a few hints. Mainly along the lines of: 'go there if you wish, but don't come back to our house until you have done some quarantine time back home'.

Best wishes for your recovery.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Only if I aged rapidly in a few  days ! And reversed for a few hours at a time with Tylenol and cough medicine.

Sometimes the aging feels like it came on quickly as time flies - and I wish I could reverse it w/tylenol...

Covid seems rife in so many places - - we just returned from our small farming village and there were 40 cases of covid. This is a lot because there are only 27 people who live there... ok, just joking - 

I do wish you well and that your problems are quickly gone... 

11 hours ago, internationalism said:

Get honey+warm milk+crushed garlic as immune booster. Top up with fresh ginger juice. 
Also lemon juice for vit c. Or pills. 
Some d3+calcium pills. 
If respiratory worsening NAC Long from pharmacy or cheaper from lazada (delivery might take time). 

Cheers for the recommendations. I have been taking vit c, b12 and zinc on a regular basis. I also eat a lot of honey and raw ginger. Milk is not  something I can tolerate.

Infected state confirmed this morning. Got told to go home and stay home! Attempts to learn how to eventually get a "Recovery Cert" met with a blank stare ! No questions about contacts etc which surprised me.

Good news (for me) is the  symptoms are much less today! Maximum temp recorded  last  night was 38.8 C which is under dangerous level.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:
18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

My wife's daughter and her partner frequent that area and I think they might be planning to visit over Songkran.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

And they are vaccinated?

Indeed they are. We are all triple vaxxed around here, but that wouldn't prevent them from catching it and sharing it out of course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Indeed they are. We are all triple vaxxed around here, but that wouldn't prevent them from catching it and sharing it out of course.

But the majority of experts say that it saves from serious illness for the very most cases.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:
5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

But the majority of experts say that it saves from serious illness for the very most cases.

It's not them I'm thinking about, it's me. I'm no scaredy cat and I'm fit and healthy, but I am 76 and I don't intend to take any chances. If they go galivanting, they can stay away from our house until they've done their home quarantine. ????

21 hours ago, internationalism said:

Get honey+warm milk+crushed garlic as immune booster. Top up with fresh ginger juice. 
Some d3+calcium pills. 
If respiratory worsening NAC Long from pharmacy or cheaper from lazada (delivery might take time). 

Mix with snake oil and repeat placebo backwards  to yourself

21 hours ago, internationalism said:

Some d3+calcium pills. 
If respiratory worsening NAC Long from pharmacy or cheaper from lazada (delivery might take time). ne.

I've been taking my younger daughter's nose pickings for the last 6 months; slow build up of immunity beats any vaccine.

17 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Mix with snake oil and repeat placebo backwards  to yourself

As the OP has explained above, he already does many of these suggested by me. 
I did also mentioned NAC, which is pharmaceutical medication and prescribed at hospitals in thailand and elsewhere in the world for lungs and upper respiratory mucus. 
i dont remember when i have blocked you and why. I wish you dont quote me

19 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

I've been taking my younger daughter's nose pickings for the last 6 months; slow build up of immunity beats any vaccine.

Nothing to do with vax or any other prevention. The OP is already quite sick. I have suggested some remedies to alleviate symptoms. Thats the most can be done at home quarantine and not going to hospital for antiviral, which are prescription and not available at pharmacies