Hospitals Put on 24hr Alert for ‘7 Dangerous Days’

webfact

8 hours ago, BayArea said:

Anutin went big on the shirts! Chatuchak Market must have given him a special price. 

I wonder if he's got a smoking Jacket at home, with marijuana on the front and Bob Marley on the back?

41 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

About everyday unless you live in a condo a field or bury your head in a bunker ????

Never seen it to be honest, I drive 1500km a week Chonburi/Rayong/Bangkok.

Sounds like you need to move away from Nakorn Nowhere if they drive that bad there.

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

If you can drive after 11:00 PM.

Less crowded and the kids can sleep during the drive.

And far more drunk people on the roads blowing through red traffic light, falling asleep and driving like outright nut-cases.....     Driving inter provincially at any time of year in the night ?... Nope. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And far more drunk people on the roads blowing through red traffic light, falling asleep and driving like outright nut-cases.....     Driving inter provincially at any time of year in the night ?... Nope. 

I just drove from Hua Hin to Khon Kaen.

I saw a few fender benders thats it.

Can't be scared 24 hours a day 7 days a week you'll never accomplish anything.

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I do the Chonburi to Phuket run semi regularly, 10hrs flat.

Leave home at 10pm, rarely see an accident of any significance.

Edited by Ralf001

6 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Actually SLIGHTLY LOWER. 

songkran 2018.jpg

Yes - depending on which stats you look at - if anything the figures are lower - how significantly is minimal. Currently stats are pretty difficult to gather and interpret due to Covid and huge reductions in economic activity. your stats above re just looking at Songkhran stats not the daily yearly average. - It certainly shows that the idea of "7 days of carnage" - is a false perception - it's just th same as the rest of the year.

interestingly the number of crashes is th same s the UK daily rate.

During Covid heavy commercial traffic is banned from Thai roads, so this may account for some reduction.

The situation regards percentages of speeding, alcohol offences etc doesn't seem to change much either.

What all this shows is that the Thai authorities and the police really don't have a grasp on the situation and as they have done for the past 3 decades are barking up the wrong tree.

countries that have made major reductions in road deaths do not follow this "blame game" policy. They have adopted the "Safe System" which has brought about massive improvements in road safety.

Edited by Thunglom

14 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

How about telling police to actually do their job and implement real law enforcement.

Chances are, over Songkran, they're as inebriated as the local drivers. Their biggest problem is figuring out which of the two trucks and 6 pink elephants they're meant to stop and fine.

• Like 1