How Thai “feminist” law students are challenging the patriarchy and cultural norms

webfact

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's nice if everybody has the same opportunities, but in real life there will always be more male bricklayers and more female nurses. And we shouldn't see this as a problem.

No Western feminist activist is asking for more female bricklayers and male nurses.  They want more female well paid CEOs.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In this forum is currently another article about female victims of male scams when women dream about marrying a rich handsome guy. Are only women victims of such scams? 

Women aren't the only victims, but I wouldn't mind betting that when men are the victims it's their own fault and they are the subject of mockery.

17 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I sometimes think that the ideal employee would be a ladyboy.  There are a lot of them out there that have the smarts and you get both parts of the world LOL.

My friend (who ran a factory or two) suggested Toms made good supervisors.... women the best productive staff and regular males were to be avoided. Strangely no comment on the LBs.....

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

No Western feminist activist is asking for more female bricklayers and male nurses.  They want more female well paid CEOs.

I think we should bundle those opportunities.

If there are i.e. 40% female bricklayers then there should be up to  40% female CEOs. It's only fair. ????

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 9:06 AM, Mayhem11 said:

One of the myriad of problems for Thai women is the patriarchy of misogyny of white ancient Ferang.

Can you explain how this manifests itself?  As far as I know, Thai women make an absolute fortune for themselves and their families from foreign men, while being very much in control of the situation.

Are you just making it up because you dislike foreigners by any chance?

• Like 2

On 4/9/2022 at 3:35 PM, hotchilli said:

Years ago in England the feminists got their retirement age raised form 60-65 in line with the men..

they didn't see that coming.

And their car insurance premiums went UP to be in line with mens'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smithson said:

Did you decide this for them?

I doubt Thai feminists will be too influenced by the anti sex political lesbians who so desperately want to control their sex lives and indoctrinate them with twisted ideology..

Thank you for sharing with us your absurd sexual fantasies.

Edited by placeholder

55 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thank you for sharing with us your absurd sexual fantasies.

If you can read a sexual fantasy in that comment then I suggest professional help. Might be an idea to stay away from women, Thai or otherwise in the meantime.

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:30 PM, spidermike007 said:

But, I seriously doubt most Thai women will embrace Western style uber feminism and "me too". Thankfully.

Indeed. When women's lib hit the US back in the late 60's, I fortunately was getting more and more time in Asia; and the Asian feminism was such a welcomed relief from the US "ladies" backlash. Just lucky to have all my fingers, when I mistakingly opened the car door for one of these unfeminine monsters.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smithson said:

If you can read a sexual fantasy in that comment then I suggest professional help. Might be an idea to stay away from women, Thai or otherwise in the meantime.

You mean that you were actually serious when you wrote about lesbians who want to control the sex lives of straight women and impose upon them their twisted ideology? The case with you is sadder and more serious than I thought.

On 4/9/2022 at 7:42 PM, kingstonkid said:

I have to love this being a little on the older side I can remember when feminism and we want to be treated like men started.

Question 1:  Who makes you wear makeup.  Men or women

Question 2:  If you do not want people to notice you why do you dress up in clothes that accentuate your looks?  Question 2a. Why not dress like guys with baggie shirts and pants.

Question 3:  Why is it ok for you to talk about he is fat or he is ugly or to rate guys but you are saying that Guys should not do that.

Question 4:  why are Thai girls so wrapped up in their soaps and flaunt their beauty to get ahead.

I agree that there are parts of Thai society that probably need to change especially in the workforce. BUT the instances of my father will not let me wear revealing clothes when I go out.  Has nothing to do with Thai society.  If our daughters were going out on a date or just going out and too much skin was showing in the west it would be most mothers that would go not so fast lady.

Getting rid of Pronouns is a slippery slope.  Just look at the U.S. where people are afraid to even say what a woman is and now the feminism movement is being supplanted byt the Genderbending movement.

I would  that most of these girls are probably form HISO or wannabe hiso families.  They are looking for a way to g et attention not to the feminism movement but planning for their careers after they graduate. 

Name me a country in the west that does not use she and he.   (California is not a country yet)

you mean where the supreme court nominee said she is not qualified to say if someone is a man or woman becuase she is not a biologist?

or where the head of medical put out a statement about "birthing people" ie 2 years ago simply called Women.

or that google states that men and women can birth children?

Or that someone with a penis is ranked #1 is college women swimming.

The top two women of the year awards went to people that (I believe) also still have penis's?

The US media, entertainment, and the regime in charge pushing all these narratives is certainly not the majority.  But holy smokes it's crazy town now.

12 hours ago, JimGant said:

Indeed. When women's lib hit the US back in the late 60's, I fortunately was getting more and more time in Asia; and the Asian feminism was such a welcomed relief from the US "ladies" backlash. Just lucky to have all my fingers, when I mistakingly opened the car door for one of these unfeminine monsters.

Most have lost the very thing that made them special, to begin with. Who wants to be with a woman more masculine than we are? No thanks. 

17 hours ago, placeholder said:

You mean that you were actually serious when you wrote about lesbians who want to control the sex lives of straight women and impose upon them their twisted ideology? The case with you is sadder and more serious than I thought.

It's true, I'll forgive you for not knowing.

"(More than forty years ago) a group of radical women began arguing that all feminists should be lesbians. They began calling for all feminists to embrace lesbianism. Appealing to their heterosexual sisters to get rid of men "from your beds and your heads". "We think serious feminists have no choice but to abandon heterosexuality," it reads. "Only in the system of oppression that is male supremacy does the oppressor actually invade and colonise the interior of the body of the oppressed."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/jan/30/women-gayrights

1 hour ago, Smithson said:

It's true, I'll forgive you for not knowing.

"(More than forty years ago) a group of radical women began arguing that all feminists should be lesbians. They began calling for all feminists to embrace lesbianism. Appealing to their heterosexual sisters to get rid of men "from your beds and your heads". "We think serious feminists have no choice but to abandon heterosexuality," it reads. "Only in the system of oppression that is male supremacy does the oppressor actually invade and colonise the interior of the body of the oppressed."

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/jan/30/women-gayrights

This article is your idea of evidence? Some radical lesbians from Leeds write a booklet and this means that they're the ones behind the feminist movement? I challenge you to come up with something even more ridiculous. It won't be easy, but I bet you can do it.  

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

This article is your idea of evidence? Some radical lesbians from Leeds write a booklet and this means that they're the ones behind the feminist movement? I challenge you to come up with something even more ridiculous. It won't be easy, but I bet you can do it.  

I said they wouldn't be influenced by bizarre ideas and now I've given evidence of where such ideas come from. 

I never said lesbians from Leeds were the ones behind the feminist movement, which is also a bizarre idea.

On 4/9/2022 at 7:06 PM, Mayhem11 said:

One of the myriad of problems for Thai women is the patriarchy of misogyny of white ancient Ferang.

Commonplace and traditionally hard-wired among most Occidental tribes, though certainly not thoroughly recognized in this fashion, instead chase a dreamy and fanciful state of false evolvement.