Suggestions for Air Purifiers?

JimmyJ

3 minutes ago, NancyL said:

We've been very happy with the Xiaomi purifiers.  We had other brands, but when it came time to buy replacement filters, they were difficult to find.

Yes, good heads up. No matter what you buy, make sure replacements are readily available.  I picked up 2 replacements when getting the units, and thankfully haven't needed them yet.

• Like 1

We have been using Xiaomi air purifier model 2S since 2019.  We have a few at home.  We put a couple in the living area, and a couple in the bedroom.  The air purifier filters particles, such as PM2.5, very well.  It has a LED display that tells the PM2.5 reading at that moment.  We leave the air purifiers on about 12 hours nonstop; filter replacement thus is about every 3-4 months.  The replacements are available at Shopee.  Here is a link to this model: https://www.mi.com/in/air2s/.  Xiaomi has other models of different sizes with different filtering capacities too.  So far we are very happy with this product.

• Like 2

I got the cheapest possible on lazada - mains one (no usb or low voltage), some 800b a year ago, some 35w and advertised as covering 35-50 m2. 
they are all factory seconds - electric motor not balanced and thus vibrating all purified (be sure to switch off when going out - in case it catches fire) or buttons not working and need to use only remote control. 
When pollution over 80 i do close all windows and run 24h. 
on top of filters (which might be difficult to get - ask seller before buying or read questions to sellers from the orher people), i did buy cotton filters size 31-71cm for 16b (and from 11b directly from china), fold them in half (to feet inside) and wash them at hand every few weeks. 
those same filters i do put on all home fans (so they are becoming basic purifies) and on windows outside the mosquito net (so all incoming air is already filtered there). 
those filters supposed to be washed only once, they shrink and deform slighly, but i washed them already over 5 times and they are still ok. 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, greg71 said:

If you can afford it i recommend the " IQ Air " purifier 

Brilliant air purifier, if anyone is interested, PM me as I might sell as I only used it here in the bush for a couple of months, till we stopped the neighbour burning that horrible Eucalyptus which he wasn't supposed to do in a built up area (village).

It's been part of the furniture ever since and the filters have many hours left in them.

Edited by 4MyEgo

There are only 2 brands for which you can easily get replacement filters: Hatari (standard model AP-12 can be found at the usual shopping malls)

and Xiaomi (their model has been discussed extensively on this forum,  i think it was HS3 or something like that), mostly bought online, a bit cheaper than Hatari.

I have both,  Hatari got a bit noisy after about 5 years. I bought Xiaomi just least year,  it has been very quiet so far. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lorry said:

There are only 2 brands for which you can easily get replacement filters: Hatari (standard model AP-12 can be found at the usual shopping malls)

and Xiaomi (their model has been discussed extensively on this forum,  i think it was HS3 or something like that), mostly bought online, a bit cheaper than Hatari.

I have both,  Hatari got a bit noisy after about 5 years. I bought Xiaomi just least year,  it has been very quiet so far. 

I have the been using Hatari AP-12 model for a few years now and no issues at all with it - runs 24 hours a day and change filter every 6 months (which is easy to find unlike most others).  Previously was using earlier model Hatari and never had issues with that (until filters became unavailable). 

Echo other comments do not buy store display units unless you are convinced filters will be available - although with Lazada/Shopee this has become less of an issue there are still a lot of products sold here with no support/spares available. 

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I have the been using Hatari AP-12 model for a few years now and no issues at all with it - runs 24 hours a day and change filter every 6 months (which is easy to find unlike most others).  Previously was using earlier model Hatari and never had issues with that (until filters became unavailable). 

Echo other comments do not buy store display units unless you are convinced filters will be available - although with Lazada/Shopee this has become less of an issue there are still a lot of products sold here with no support/spares available. 

Did you have any noise issues with the Hataris?

Edited by JimmyJ

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

Did you have any noise issues with the Hataris?

No none at all - it makes a small noise on med speed that miss if turned off at night but not enough to be an issue and during daytime can not even hear it.  Same was case for old model that had many years.  Much less noise than most quiet AC units.

• Like 1