Cheap implants

Guest truthman

Guest truthman

VimutPhahonyothin

Vimut Dental in Phahonyothin is having a sale on dental implants -- only 35,000 for Neobiotch. I don't know know much about the place but this is cheap. I paid 55,000 for mine, which were Osstem from South Korea.

Guest truthman
4 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I had an implants done in Bangkok several years ago. I initially went to the Bangkok International Dental Hospital (BIDH) thinking that would be the best option. I was fortunate to meet a dentist that spoke perfect English. I thought she must have lived in the US to speak so fluently with no accent. She told me that most of her education was in Thailand but went to NY to get her dental degree. To my surprise, she told me BIDH costs too much and she recommended that I do some research since implants are relatively common practice now.  Sure enough prices varied. I got mine done for less than 30,0000 baht.  I've had no problems with my implant.

Do your research......

My implants also cost 30,000 each (plus 25,000 more for the crowns).  My dentist, who studied implantology at UCLA and said he's done about 2,000 procedures, told me that the quality of most brands these days was bascially the same and so there was no longer any reason to choose the higher priced brands. Both BIDH and Bangkok Smile had tried to talk me into Staumann (although Bangkok Smile did admit that all of them were good), which ran around 80,000, I beleive.

I haven't had any problems either. Neo-Biotech is offered by many places these days although the larger places might urge you to go with Straumann, which is apparently more profitable for them.

What have folks paid for full mouth implants? Recommendations for doctors or clinic for a full set of dental implants? My friend needs all teeth removed and either dentures or implants. Thanks for any guidance ????

• Haha 1

the only thing to check is the material used, anything else is BS, but it seems too complicated for you to know that.

Some implants are cheaper than the most expensive ones but the material used is better.

If your skum millionaire dentist spends more time on his job than driving his ferrari, he should know...

Edited by salsajapan
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Ridiculous sums of money and certainly not cheap.

Price for foreigner is about 6k for a crown in gov. dentist.

Considering that the biggest cost is for the crown not the procedure I find the above very hard to belive.

8 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Considering that the biggest cost is for the crown not the procedure I find the above very hard to belive.

The cost was split between the three visits.

First to dig out what was left of the old tooth.

Second to screw in the post.

Third to fit the crown which I elected to be acrylic. If I had gone for ceramic the cost would have been several thousand more (can't remember exactly).

The location of the gov. dentist is opposite the central police station in Buriram. I was recommended to go there because my local gov. hospital dentist did not have the training for this procedure.

I saw that 7/11 is now stocking implants.
Used ones available for 1000Baht

Soon, liver, hearts etc. all available for very affordable prices.
Go and get a full service at your local 7/11 and cut the  cost of expensive private hospitals.

CP group is everywhere.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

The cost was split between the three visits.

First to dig out what was left of the old tooth.

Second to screw in the post.

Third to fit the crown which I elected to be acrylic. If I had gone for ceramic the cost would have been several thousand more (can't remember exactly).

The location of the gov. dentist is opposite the central police station in Buriram. I was recommended to go there because my local gov. hospital dentist did not have the training for this procedure.

That sounds like an implant not a crown as crowns are fitted to the tooth it is not removed.

1 hour ago, RafPinto said:

Go and get a full service at your local 7/11 and cut the  cost of expensive private hospitals.

CP group is everywhere.

Second hand toilet paper too?

I have tooth that an expensive root canal was done on. It has minor absess although it's better with routine brushing, mouthwash...

I contacted all the advertised internet dental services and all gave me ridiculous prices. I gave up looking and luckily the tooth is better which buys me time.

I was quoted about 45k to 120k one tooth and incidentals could bring the costs higher.

My elderly mother said same procedure by fancy US dentist was us1800.

English speaking dental services Bangkok are now a total ripoff. You essentially pay the exact same price as you would in the United States minus 30%. The 30% we can say is all of the additional overhead and insurance that the US dentist must incur. While you save 30% in Thailand there is no insurance nor any higher levels of education and care.

11 minutes ago, TheScience said:

I have tooth that an expensive root canal was done on. It has minor absess although it's better with routine brushing, mouthwash...

I contacted all the advertised internet dental services and all gave me ridiculous prices. I gave up looking and luckily the tooth is better which buys me time.

I was quoted about 45k to 120k one tooth and incidentals could bring the costs higher.

English speaking dental services Bangkok are now a total ripoff. You essentially pay the exact same price as you would in the United States minus 30%. The 30% we can say is all of the additional overhead and insurance that the US dentist must incur. While you save 30% in Thailand there is no insurance nor any higher levels of education and care.

My sister had a single tooth dental implant done at the end of last year in the US and it cost $8,000. 

Upper implants I received twenty-five years ago eventually worked loose and came out.

Two years ago I researched the costs of having the work re-done, either in Thailand or

India. Indian prices were far cheaper than those of the dentists in Thailand. The dental

practice I corresponded with most in India was also prepared to negotiate on price,

Thailand practices less-so.

• Like 1

I had one implant and crown done in the US more than 10 years ago.  The total cost was $8,000 and it took 6 months for the implant to fuse with the jaw bone. 

I’ve had 3 implants and crowns done by a dentist in Chiang Mai in the last three years.  All the implants were Ossteem and each cost 36,000 Baht.  The Zirconia crown was 15,000 Baht each.  So far no complaints. The Osstem implants required 2 to 3 months to fuse.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheScience said:

45k for implant and crown is to be expected; inclusive of incidentals, with conscientious practitioners.

What made the US dentist, 'fancy'? I dare say that the practice here will likely be no less fancy.

If you want cheaper, there is always India at half price or less. Perhaps worthwhile for someone who needs extensive work; such as full tooth replacement with perhaps up to eight implants needed.

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

That sounds like an implant not a crown as crowns are fitted to the tooth it is not removed.

Not all crowns can be fitted to a tooth when a root canal is needed and a post must be inserted into the root area and a crown thus affixed.  Just had this done last week.  Waiting on the actual crown to be delivered as The one placed is just temporary.  Then the fun begins in a few months when I will be having Implants done, quoted 400k for both upper and lower all on 4.  I don't need any bone grafts or such, I just have to replace my cracked, chipped and ground down teeth from stress and chewing jaw breakers my entire life.  The Root canal, post and crown ran me 10h and that included the post infection fighting medication

Endodontic Retreatment

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RafPinto said:

CP group is everywhere.

If you happen to snuff it, I would like to have a certain part of your anatomy, please. I envy the success with it you are reporting on various ASEAN threads.

• Haha 1