Water guns confiscated as Thai police prevent Songkran splashing at Khao San Road

webfact

On 4/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, lujanit said:

"the police and district authorities were determined to stop tourists playing with water as it represented a chance for Covid-19 spread"

There is that good old racism cropping up again.  Never let a chance go by to farang bash.  Puts the so called Thai bashing by certain posters here into perspective.

There's that good old TVF paranoia cropping up again.  An article about Thais and foreign tourists breaking Covid rules and you see racism????

Some people on here have a terrible complex, it's really quite sad.  

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Police stations are not provided with enough budget and/or vehicles by the government to patrol the roads effectively.

I had a policeman boss type tell me their budget (and staffing numbers), in say Pattaya, was based on the registered number of local residents. The actual numbers in town are a very large factor more than that... producing a lack of policing. Still, one can find police skiving off quite frequently.... I saw a car parked up on land by the lake once, with 2 of them asleep in it! They used to sit and watch TV in The Lek Hotel lobby, and we have all sat at traffic lights perspiring wondering whether we need to tap on their box window to wake them. 

On 4/15/2022 at 10:42 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Scapegoating, bullying and extorting a few young foreigners wanting to have a good time is hardly doing their job.

The law is the law in Thailand? ???? 

Young ones need some monkey -house the nerve of them saying we are old farts and cowards lol