Usual wait at Pattaya immigration?

AventurasEnMadrid

One of the first things I read on here was never go to immigration the day after a public holiday, and we've just had 3 of them.

I would go Tuesday or later if you have days left (you could have applied weeks before your 30 day exempt expires)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Whats a 30 day exempt?  Are you aware of the 60day covid extensions?

And they would do a Covid extension to a tourist who arrived last month on a visa exempt entry? Doubt it.

Seems to be best if you are very early in the morning or right after lunch, as you otherwise usually have to wait until after lunch regardless. I guess that applies to any location too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

12 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Whats a 30 day exempt?  Are you aware of the 60day covid extensions?

If he has not had a regular 30 day extension, I would expect immigration to push that on him first. 

Monday will be busy, I believe closed Tuesday, and then Wednesday will be busy.....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Who are all these people at immigration. I thought there were very few tourists at the moment.

People getting the 60 day covid extensions, they make you take 4 trips to complete the process lol

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If he has not had a regular 30 day extension, I would expect immigration to push that on him first. 

Monday will be busy, I believe closed Tuesday, and then Wednesday will be busy.....

Why is it closed Tuesday?  I can't see a public holiday on that day. Thanks for info.

57 minutes ago, thainet said:

Why is it closed Tuesday?  I can't see a public holiday on that day. Thanks for info.

Tomorrow. April 19?

No holiday I am aware of.

Enough for now.

"Pattaya special Songkran" also over.

Next one is Wed May 4.

Labor day is NOT an office holiday 

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

@jacko45k

If Tuesday is not a public holiday, is there another reason you know of that Jomtien IO will be closed. This is important, so thanks for any info please.

4 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Richard Barrow's Thai public holidays calendar and the Bank of Thailand's calendar shows NO holidays this week.

What a joke, Richard Barrow is the standard to confirm anything nowdays...he quotes whatever organisation gives him the best freebies to promote

• Sad 1

On 4/17/2022 at 7:10 PM, aussiexpat said:

One of the first things I read on here was never go to immigration the day after a public holiday, and we've just had 3 of them.

I would go Tuesday or later if you have days left (you could have applied weeks before your 30 day exempt expires)

Or you could go online and do it, saves the hassle!