Unvaccinated can avoid quarantine with a pre-arrival PCR test that tests negative for covid? That is what I understand reading the latest news from then "Tourism Authority of Thailand".

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/04/thailand-lifts-rt-pcr-testing-requirement-for-international-arrivals-from-1-may-2022/

"Exception is made for unvaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system, they – like those fully vaccinated – will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom.".

This is on the Thai Pass site

image.png

Unless they are changing the Thai Pass setup, so you can add new documents later without having to restart the process, then it looks like you can't apply for the Thai Pass until you have the 72 hr PCR test results. They are supposed to be speeding the TP process up though, so maybe it will be possible.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

This is on the Thai Pass site

image.png

Unless they are changing the Thai Pass setup, so you can add new documents later without having to restart the process, then it looks like you can't apply for the Thai Pass until you have the 72 hr PCR test results. They are supposed to be speeding the TP process up though, so maybe it will be possible.

I don’t actually see what the Thailand Pass is for anymore.

1) Vaccinated - Just show vaccine certificate and insurance on arrival. 

2) Non-Vaccinated - just show PCR test result and insurance on arrival.

3) Non-Vaccinated - No PCR test - taken aside and routed through a different exit to meet their 5 day quarantine (as with Text&Go).

I don’t see the need for all the Thailand Pass which would continue to impact Tourism arrivals to some extent. 

--------

Or alternatively, perhaps the Thailand Pass is here to stay as it resolves the ‘insurance problem’.

The ‘insurance problem' is something which has been discussed many times on this forum and reported on in the media - Thailand has been looking for a way to ensure tourists have insurance and have proposed things such as ’tourist tax’ (which covers insurance) to ‘insurance on arrival’ etc...

The Thailand Pass resolves this issue to some extent and ensures tourists are not a financial burden on Thailands healthcare system.

• Like 1

yes, thailand pass is obsolete - vax and insurance are checked on check in and in transit.

Same is done (and can still be for unvaxed) with AQ and pcr test.

Even if checked in to thailand by error, still all of them can be bought before going through immigration - possibly with help from some support team (that was the case with arriving at the beginning of thailand pass, who didn't have correct bookings).

in fact thailand pass was pointless from the very beginning - all documents were checked on check in at departure.

This QR code on thailand pass suppose to speed up processing at each stage of travel, but it was only scanned in thailand by medics (and that only from around end of december, not from the beginning of November).

Edited by internationalism

40 minutes ago, Puccini said:

As you failed to give a link to wherever you copied that text from it would seem futile for anybody to comment on it.

My apologies, I assumed anyone remotely interested in the topic would already be familiar with the Thai Pass site. Clearly it would be far too taxing for you to find it yourself. 

https://tp.consular.go.th/ 

i am in USA trying to do the evisa   i am stuck on this portion  requiring quarantine   

copy paste

6 . Documents and payment in regard to accommodation (after 14 days in ASQ) 
Drag and drop file or browse from computer
Please upload a documents and payment in regard to accommodation (after 14 days in asq)
7 . Proof of fully-paid Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) or Alternative Hospital Quarantine (AHQ) not less than 14 days 
Please upload a proof of fully-paid alternative state quarantine (asq) or alternative hospital quarantine (ahq) not less than 14 days

i am vaxed  so no quarantine    so  what the heck i cant bypass this can i  it keeps asking for an answer  ..

thanks

1 hour ago, ifmu said:

i am in USA trying to do the evisa   i am stuck on this portion  requiring quarantine   

copy paste

6 . Documents and payment in regard to accommodation (after 14 days in ASQ) 
Please upload a documents and payment in regard to accommodation (after 14 days in asq)
7 . Proof of fully-paid Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) or Alternative Hospital Quarantine (AHQ) not less than 14 days 
Please upload a proof of fully-paid alternative state quarantine (asq) or alternative hospital quarantine (ahq) not less than 14 days

i am vaxed  so no quarantine    so  what the heck i cant bypass this can i  it keeps asking for an answer  ..

thanks

page 4 supportng docs  just under financal doc  thanks

i deleted last app and started a new one  .. still stuck

Edited by ifmu

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Make a JPG in Paint or similar with the words "Not Applicable" on it, save it and upload it in the section required.

That's interesting thanks. 

I emailed los Angeles thai consulate with this question  ... they asked what visa I was after (stv)  now silence ?

New as per information on 

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/04/thailands-latest-entry-requirements-from-1-may-2022/

"The quarantine is exempt for unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system. The exemption also extends to travellers under 6 years of age travelling with parents."

On 4/30/2022 at 1:00 AM, ifmu said:

That's interesting thanks. 

I emailed los Angeles thai consulate with this question  ... they asked what visa I was after (stv)  now silence ?

update   LA thai consulate updated ther website  the same problems are on it  so i used your tip create a jpeg  and dl it,  it went through and i will cross my fingers   thanks

21 hours ago, Puccini said:

New as per information on 

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/04/thailands-latest-entry-requirements-from-1-may-2022/

"The quarantine is exempt for unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system. The exemption also extends to travellers under 6 years of age travelling with parents."

thanks but way ahead of ya .. i was dealing with a website   see post above 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here been able to get a pcr test and their thailand pass within the required 72 hours before the flight?  It would make sense to provide all info before the 72 hours and have provisional approval upon submission of the pcr test.  

4 hours ago, cantdrive55 said:

Has anyone here been able to get a pcr test and their thailand pass within the required 72 hours before the flight?  It would make sense to provide all info before the 72 hours and have provisional approval upon submission of the pcr test.  

virtually everyone in the past who has gotten a Thai Pass has been able to do that. I was.

5 hours ago, cantdrive55 said:

A pre-travel PCR test result has never been the requirement for Thailand Pass applications (or CoE before that).

Previously it was a requirement to present Negative PCR result (<72hrs) upon checkin and upon arrival MoPH checks (but not the Thailand Pass application process itself).

All utterly moot now. Pre-travel PCR results are no longer a requirement. 

That said: IF you are referring to unvaccinated travel (arrival) - Proof of the the pre-paid 5 Day Quarantine (which includes day 4/5 PCR test and Airport transfer)  is required for Thailand Pass applications. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

That said: IF you are referring to unvaccinated travel (arrival) - Proof of the the pre-paid 5 Day Quarantine (which includes day 4/5 PCR test and Airport transfer)  is required for Thailand Pass applications. 

From the article that the OP linked, it appears that the quarantine is only required if one doesn’t get a pre-travel PCR test.

“International travellers who are unvaccinated or are not fully vaccinated will also no longer be required to show proof of a pre-arrival negative RT-PCR test nor undergo an arrival test.

Once arriving in Thailand, they must proceed to undergo the quarantine for 5 days and undergo an RT-PCR test on Day 5.

Exception is made for unvaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system, they – like those fully vaccinated – will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Airalee said:

From the article that the OP linked, it appears that the quarantine is only required if one doesn’t get a pre-travel PCR test.

“International travellers who are unvaccinated or are not fully vaccinated will also no longer be required to show proof of a pre-arrival negative RT-PCR test nor undergo an arrival test.

Once arriving in Thailand, they must proceed to undergo the quarantine for 5 days and undergo an RT-PCR test on Day 5.

Exception is made for unvaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system, they – like those fully vaccinated – will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom.”

Correct, this topic is about unvaccinated travelers who now just need to show a negative pcr test within 72 hours of travel, at least that was my question.  So the question remains, has anyone been able to get their thailand pass within 72 hours of travel after submitting a negative pcr test and not having been vaccinated.

3 hours ago, cantdrive55 said:

Correct, this topic is about unvaccinated travelers who now just need to show a negative pcr test within 72 hours of travel, at least that was my question.  So the question remains, has anyone been able to get their thailand pass within 72 hours of travel after submitting a negative pcr test and not having been vaccinated.

Currently, an unvaccinated traveller must upload the insurance confirmation with his Thailand Pass application, but not a negative PCR test report. Therefore, it is not necessary to wait with the Thailand Pass application until the PCR test result is available.

7 hours ago, Puccini said:

Therefore, it is not necessary to wait with the Thailand Pass application until the PCR test result is available.

I think you are not right.

If you are unvaccinated and don't want to go quarantine, you have to choose No quarantine option and then upload negative PCR test inside Thailand pass application.

As I have understood, OP is asking if it is doable in just 72 hours to get a negative PCR test, apply for TP and get a QR code, 

It looks a bit risky, but I have posted a question on PA forum about how quickly they got QR code. Most people answered that they got QR code within a couple of hours, and many said in a couple of minutes.  It looks that TP is much quicker after May 1st and it is quite possible to do it within 72 hours. 

• Thanks 1

This is from the ThaiPass site https://tp.consular.go.th/home

* From 29 April 2022, Thailand Pass consideration will take no more than 48 hours (2 days) *

* Kindly refrain from submitting duplicate applications as this may slow down the consideration process *

* Unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travelers who wish to be exempted from quarantine must attach a negative RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before travel in Thailand Pass, including unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated children aged 6 - 17 who travel with unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated parents (children aged under 6 do not have to attach the test result). Please be advised that this does not apply to children aged under 18 who travel with fully vaccinated parents who will be automatically granted the same entry scheme as their parents'.

The rules have always said the test results have to be issued no more than 72 hours before travel and not that the test  had to be taken no more than 72 hours before travel, although people have always argued as to whether it was a mistranslation. 

If you can get your test results issued close to that 72 hour limit, and apply for your Pass immediately, and they really are getting them processed within 48 hours, you should be OK.

For what it's worth, when I was traveling to a country that had the same rule (the critical time being when the results were issued), the clinic just reissued the confirmation certificate for me after the required time. I arranged it with them in advance, and it seemed like it was a pretty standard request.

• Thanks 1