International tourism will be significantly revived after Test and Go ends, Thai Chamber of Commerce Chairman says

webfact

....double standards looming here...you MUST show proof of insurance; but once you think you have Covid-19 by your own RAT, it can't be verified as the Govt will no longer do a PCR to confirm; therefore you won't be admitted into an hospital and you can be sure that the Insurer won't be paying you when you make a claim!

• Like 2

I think it's good news all round. As we know, many westerners like to come over to Thailand and have a nice time, and many bars are frequented by westerners from both Europe and America and no one really wants to sit in a bar which has got westerners carrying Covid. If they've got AIDS, well that's okay but not Covid...definitely not! ????

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, 8OA8 said:

It may be peanuts @฿650 but, I wonder if anyone looks at the actual details of what you will actually get covered for. Also as soon as I click on the link there's a very clear message 

Screenshot_20220423-151058_Chrome.jpg

The ins; is a racket and no company will insure you for asymptomatic covid i.e. test positive but no symptoms . Even UK companies complicate their coverage in their policy documents  and indeed a mine field  .  Take the cheapest Thai insurance shown on the asq website cos none of them are worth a penny , just a way of gaining entry and the T/P compliance . In addition a normal travel insurance from a respected western company should cover most other risks .

• Like 2

Reading through all the replies about insurance being a scam and j really dont see how, you woukdnt go to any country for a holiday or to live without being insured. And travel  insurance is cheap well worth the peace of mind. I use a uk insurer and has never been a problem with the Thailand pass

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Forced closings
Forced early bedtimes,
Arrests for being at "after-hour" gatherings (after hours is 12:01 am)
Forced maskings
Forced faux-distancing standards. 

plus all paperwork to enter and possible asymptomatic jail terms costing 100,000 to 150,000 at a hospitel.

Yes.  Dream come true setting if I'm planning a vacation.

Now, on my end, I like it quiet here so I'm not minding the idiocy too much.

But that's me being selfish, as a lot of small business owners are suffering when they shouldn't be any longer (nor should they ever have been).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SussexExpat said:

What constitutes "Fully Vaccinated"? How many jabs and how long vaccinated before arriving in Thailand.

Is there an age limit for children? Surely they don't expect children to be fully vaccinated.

And what do they even consider as "children" then?

Is it 12? 14? 16? 17? 18?

By Thai law a minor turns adult at 21 if I recall correctly, whereas in the rest of the World it's mostly 18.

Their entire Thailand Pass program is just mud over mud, they should just really get rid of it.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How is the need to buy insurance a scam? It doesn't have to be bought from a Thai company, and Thailand is not alone in requiring insurance. Germany, for example, has long required Thais to have health insurance before issuing them a visa - and that was in the years before the pandemic. Anyone who travels without insurance takes a risk, as we've seen many times with Fund Me campaigns. Spending not a lot of Pounds/Dollars/Euros on insurance seems a sensible precaution to me, Covid or not.

I have little doubt that there were scams being operated during the height of the pandemic, but so few cases require hospitalisation now that that bird has flown.

One problem is that someone living here (example: based on retirement) cannot take the insurance with him from his home country and is eventually not able to get a new one (in THailand or otherwise) either because of preconditions or age. The conclusion is that he is never anymore able to travel abroad. This could easily be resolved by introducing a fixed amount for medical purposes instead of an insurance which would not even pay in all cases for sure.. And then cases where someone is really not able to pay will be very rare and are only known so prominently of because it is a headline for the press. In this case the proposed THB 300.-- surplus on entries will be much more than a solution.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gold Star said:

A friend arrived from the UK as a tourist, travelled in a van to the hotel with others, and got tested in a dirty parking lot by a guy that didn't change gloves between vans, or between testing other people. PCR tested not positive, not negative, but 'trace detected'. He was whisked away from his hotel, and spent 10 days locked up in COVID jail at a hospital, never once testing positive, along with many others in the same situation there.  He was then presented with a bill of hundreds of thousands upon release. His insurance would not pay as he did not have Covid. He didn't have the money and also refused to pay, and almost was taken back to the airport and blacklisted, but friends were there to record and document it all.

Some insurance companies have gone bankrupt with billions of these Covid claims. The system is set up to easily scam the insurance companies and travellers, with no recourse due to the powers of the emergency decree. This must be stopped.

Woohoo what an active imagination. Please write a book I'm already a fan ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

A post with content that was copy and pasted from the TP web site without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

9 hours ago, RandiRona said:

its not about the cost. It's about paperwork, approvals, tracking ...all those things which make tourists start looking for other place. Whether for good or bad, tourism is running this country and that is the only fair play majority of Thais have in this country. So need to ensure that Tourism can grow without restrictions or red tape.

You complained about the insurance scam, I pointed out its 650 baht, minuscule.

All the stuff you have moaned about above re paperwork has absolutely nothing to do with with your original post, happy to debate with you but you should really stop moving the goalposts

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

The PM has himself admitted that the numbers of tourists who contracted Covid and needed hospitalisation is minuscule something like 0,49% so what's with insurance scam i'd like to know...

Particularly since the B300 per person entry is about to come in. Do the sum total tourists/entries X B300 =$$$ less say 0.49% who may abscond without paying the hospital bill. No brainer as to who is in front by a mile

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Yep its peanuts , and filling in the online form is not a dealbreaker , nor is wearing a mask , or having ones entertainment options limited.

The 64 million dollar question though , is why choose Thailand when many other destinations have none of the above restrictions ?

64 million dollar question indeed. But what are the other destinations, what they are offering and what are the travelers wanting?

It's all subjective.

4 hours ago, moogradod said:

The insurance requirement should go completely as it was before Covid. What makes me sad, though is that many still not understand this issue and argue with the BS "expect somebody else to pay ?". Let me explain for the less gifted: Nobody does. Make all as it was and everything will be fine.

.....and many are reveling in the suspected and dreamy ideals that the program has changed. 

Not really. Still a few unnecessary hoops to bypass. 

If they truly looking to open up freely, they'll also do with the base TP online application process plus the convoluted and ever-scamming insurance requirements. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

One problem is that someone living here (example: based on retirement) cannot take the insurance with him from his home country and is eventually not able to get a new one (in THailand or otherwise) either because of preconditions or age. The conclusion is that he is never anymore able to travel abroad. This could easily be resolved by introducing a fixed amount for medical purposes instead of an insurance which would not even pay in all cases for sure.. And then cases where someone is really not able to pay will be very rare and are only known so prominently of because it is a headline for the press. In this case the proposed THB 300.-- surplus on entries will be much more than a solution.

My impression is that travel insurance can be purchased by anyone, and it might be down to individual companies whether that includes medical expenses or not. Age may or may not be excluded that but might still be included for a higher fee based on age. I've never heard of anyone being unable to travel due to age and lack of insurance. Has anyone experienced that, I wonder?

9 hours ago, sungod said:

So you think people should just turn up, and if they get sick expect someone else to pay?

But that’s what occurs here in the U.K. for everyone who arrives.

The taxpayers take up the bill.

Probably why the left keep on clamouring for more taxes to fund the NHS to treat everyone for free.

• Like 1