International tourism will be significantly revived after Test and Go ends, Thai Chamber of Commerce Chairman says

webfact

1 hour ago, gerritkaew said:

But you still need to be full vaccinated iff you don't want to spent some 10 days in a quarantaine hotel, and lots off people who want to go haven't got or don't want to be vaccinated ..

I thought unvaccinated people simply need to take a pre-flight Covid test now. Where did you read about 10 days quarantine? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topt said:

One of the problems you see is that many tourists seem not to bother these days - look at all the Go Fund me stories.

Some form of mandatory insurance that covers everything and Covid for tourists would make a lot of sense.

So take the travel out of it you must also believe in mandatory insurance in a person's home country based on your logic. So then what would be the penalty you impose for those who do not comply? A fine, jail time, revocation of citizenship and deportation?  There will always be sad stories and losers. Don't punish the masses because of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bwazi said:

Probably why the left keep on clamouring for more taxes to fund the NHS to treat everyone for free.

As an American I learned during COVID that the NHS is the same as public schools in America, they're given more money every year and every year they're underfunded. ...never satisfied and always wanting more.

1 hour ago, LikeItHot said:

So take the travel out of it you must also believe in mandatory insurance in a person's home country based on your logic. So then what would be the penalty you impose for those who do not comply? A fine, jail time, revocation of citizenship and deportation?  There will always be sad stories and losers. Don't punish the masses because of them. 

Since we are talking about foreign travel I have absolutely no idea how you come to that conclusion and do not see the relevance to home country........

Weird reply and no idea what "the masses" has got to do with anything other than some political bias?

11 hours ago, Gold Star said:

A friend arrived from the UK as a tourist, travelled in a van to the hotel with others, and got tested in a dirty parking lot by a guy that didn't change gloves between vans, or between testing other people. PCR tested not positive, not negative, but 'trace detected'.

The elephant in the room is that a lot of stuff is not done correctly here, no matter what it is.

That's why it's better to just wait until things settle down. Otherwise, you just get the parking lot guy (in many different scenario's).

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 2

I was going to wait until June to visit Thailand on some business to avoid the "TEST and GO" then I saw that it had been scrapped as of the 1st of May so booked a flight for the 15th of May. However having paid for the flight, insurance, and down loaded my vaccination documents from NHS I found I am unable to upload them onto the Thailand Pass as it still requires me to have a booking for a "hotel + SHA". Could anyone tell me when or how to apply for the (new requirements) Thailand Pass. 

2 hours ago, Graham n So said:

booked a flight for the 15th of May. However having paid for the flight, insurance, and down loaded my vaccination documents from NHS I found I am unable to upload them onto the Thailand Pass as it still requires me to have a booking for a "hotel + SHA". Could anyone tell me when or how to apply for the (new requirements) Thailand Pass. 

I believe they said that site will not be update functional till May 1st (Which I know is dumb right?)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brommers said:

Forget about the changes because they still do not put Thailand on par with many other destinations. Look at the experience that tourist will have when they get here and it is not good. Bars forced to operate as restaurants and many restrictions on social distancing, dancing etc. Many businesses closed leaving ghost towns. And it's a long flight from the main markets in the Americas & Europe who have many better alternatives. And as for the new saviours India it remains to be seen if there is anything like a large volume wanting to visit. All in all this set of changes are really little more than tinkering at the margins.

They will drop all these restrictions sooner than later . But 'many businesses closed ' as in blocks of gutted out small establishments and aluminum siding . Is the real problem. Along second Rd in Pattaya and then even between Beach Rd and second Rd on Pattaya Tai. And even along beach Rd. Looks very bad. Then the endless street and sidewalk unfinished works. Sidewalks on Pattaya central between Beach and second Rd. 

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

The elephant in the room is that a lot of stuff is not done correctly here, no matter what it is.

That's why it's better to just wait until things settle down.

That's why I plan to take just one big trip out and back, and in the second half of the year (my Non-O renews in Dec.). And I'll still be taking a chance on the "things settle down" factor.

• Like 1

Well the parking lot at BKK is certainly back to its packed norm this morning now that we don't have to do one of those minivan rides when we get back in country, but of course that isn't tourists.  

Edited by Heng

On 4/23/2022 at 10:15 AM, AgentSmith said:

A preflight pcr test is just 1 hoop extra over fully vaccinated travellers. I don't think these people mind that.

The biggest drawback of test&go was the uncertainty after arrival. That's gone now. Then again never can please everyone can you?

I think everyone will be pleased when things are the same as before the pandemic, but this soldiers government also need to make it easier for long stayers under the age of 50.

Figures will not improve a lot.

Massive inflation and rate hikes very soon.
Be prepared for a Recession end of this year.

US is already preparing a massive rate hike.
All the ones buying properties etc on massive loans....be prepared.
Thailand must raise interest rates soon as well due to the high inflation but... most are in debt to their necks.

20 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Anyone have any idea how the insurance element works for those on a Thai extension of stay and a re-entry permit? Will the insurance have to cover until the extension of stay runs out?

Yes, edwinchester. The regulation says that the insurance policy must cover the ENTIRE VLAIDITY PERIOD of the visa. In your case that would mean that you need to get a policy that covers you until your current extension of stay runs out. In other words, a cheap travel insurance valid for 2 or 3 weeks is NOT sufficient.

But there are options that you should check:

> your current general health insurance may actually include treatment for Covid-19 (and satisfy the minimum $10,000 coverage requirement)

> some credit cards include comprehensive insurance, provided you pay your tickets with them

> there are several Thai insurance companies that offer quite affordable insurance for Covid-19 only (i.e. excluding any other health issues) for up to 1 year; for example: https://www.tuneprotect.co.th/en/product/coronavirus-covid-19-insurance/ONCOVIDL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

That's why I plan to take just one big trip out and back, and in the second half of the year (my Non-O renews in Dec.). And I'll still be taking a chance on the "things settle down" factor.

The elephant isn't going anywhere

• Like 1