International tourism will be significantly revived after Test and Go ends, Thai Chamber of Commerce Chairman says

webfact

7 hours ago, mania said:

I believe they said that site will not be update functional till May 1st (Which I know is dumb right?)

Yep, very dumb as they want people to apply for the Thai Pass at least eleven days before you fly, so that only leave me with a four day margine. 

35 minutes ago, Deli said:

Just at least 12 months too late. However, you can't turn back the clock and have to live with the damage and loss all this stupidity has caused.

Stupidity?, can you explain how taking precautions to ensure folks were protected as much as could be done before they were vaccinated and enough protection was in place is stupid?

• Haha 2

On 4/23/2022 at 4:57 AM, smedly said:

Until they dump the insurance scam requirement - not much will change

I just did a 6 month premium check to cover the Covid Insurance needed by the Thai pass.....Its actually at the higher level still of $20,000 rather than 10k so premium may come down as well

Now need to be clear this is Covid coverage only so nothing else....purely Covid only

6 months was 2,750 Baht so around £63 give or take

At £10 a month (scam or not) its hardly a deal breaker ??

Edited by Chivas

Travel insurance vs covid insurance? What is thailand requiring as of 5/1 and must complete it in Thai pass? What a mess!

usa system is best….a negative antigen pre arrival test (1,000B per person) and that was it…nothing was asked for or required once landed in usa….

today it cost me an additional 19,400B to enter thailand under test and go (3 members), AXA insurance (3,400B)  and changing domestic 3?tickets to accommodate Test and Go…

that is an extra cost of $600 for the privilege of entering thailand     with no added public health value given that 99% of tests are negative…

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Travel insurance vs covid insurance? What is thailand requiring as of 5/1 and must complete it in Thai pass? What a mess!

usa system is best….a negative antigen pre arrival test (1,000B per person) and that was it…nothing was asked for or required once landed in usa….

today it cost me an additional 19,400B to enter thailand under test and go (3 members), AXA insurance (3,400B)  and changing domestic 3?tickets to accommodate Test and Go…

that is an extra cost of $600 for the privilege of entering thailand     with no added public health value given that 99% of tests are negative…

Thailand is requiring what I posted above in the screenshot....In fact the insurance requirement is now chopped in half as well

Medicare coverage is irrelevant for coverage in a foreign land….

the covid insurance coverage is a scam b/c no one is utilizing it for covid hospitalizations at .0 something…

what is the probability of using what was posted in that screenshot? Close to zero…

fortunately for ex pats and others who live here, they are not checking/comparing insurance coverage to visa duration…30 day coverage works in order to get into country…

International tourism will be significantly revived after Test and Go ends.

Thailand was known as a fun place to visit with Full Moon Parties, Songkran, massage parlors, go-go's, bars open tillearly mornings and for families Temples , eco tours, beaches, water parks and templs.  Untill they relax the stupid closing of bars/nite life  they will never see anything approaching 40 million tourists a year  ever again. Could see that if they actually opened  casin's instead of talking about it  and also actually alowing recreational Canabis/Kratum. Aslo if the hospitals didn't try to rip off  farangs it could be a medical destination as well. If they wanted they could also attract elderly retires who would rather spend time in a Thai Assisted living  complex rather than one in USA or EU>Russia

On 4/23/2022 at 9:30 AM, JonnyF said:

I think it will be a huge help. I'm off to Sydney for work in June and it's a real weight off the shoulders to know I won't face a test and possible quarantine upon return.

This also confirms my plans to visit family in the UK in August. I can live with Thailand pass, it's a form on the internet. Unnecessary but not a deal breaker like the test on arrival was.

Work collegue flew in Friday afternoon.

Hotel pickup took him straight to BKK PTY hospital for a PCR test, he was in hotel room by 5pm.

Negative result by midnight.

An annoyance yes but hardly a deal breaker for those incoming travellers.

12 hours ago, morrobay said:

They will drop all these restrictions sooner than later . But 'many businesses closed ' as in blocks of gutted out small establishments and aluminum siding . Is the real problem. Along second Rd in Pattaya and then even between Beach Rd and second Rd on Pattaya Tai. And even along beach Rd. Looks very bad. Then the endless street and sidewalk unfinished works. Sidewalks on Pattaya central between Beach and second Rd. 

I think those businesses could come back surprisingly quickly, once all the anti-tourist measures are dropped. 

Look at Chaweng in Samui. It was an absolute ghost town a few weeks ago, but since rules were relaxed the place is coming alive again. The Green Mango club opened a couple of weeks ago, and bars, restaurants, hotels, 7-11s etc. have followed. 

The Thais are good at getting run down shacks operating as bars pretty damn quickly! 

I don't mean to be negative, but tourism is going to come back slowly and probably not well this year and coming winter. People have made other plans. As someone said, a recession is coming at least to the USA. Mortgage lending people are getting laid off at a fast clip right now. Also, the supply chain disruptions are probably going to make the cost of things, along with shortages with fits and starts to tourism make things rough with supplies like food - and prices will probably increase greatly.

These are just my own thoughts and predictions. The wife is not even sure she wants to return home next winter and its been awhile for both of us to visit. We have other places in mind this coming year and next year.

Praying things bounce back to be as normal as possible.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, wealthychef said:

CoVid is not a special disease any more I think.  Just do the same thing as anyone else who gets sick with any disease without insurance.  You help them in a free government hospital just like any citizen.  It doesn't make sense to require insurance for this one particular disease.  -- clearly a money grab for the insurance brokers

Don't forget the new border entry tax that will fund this type of thing. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 4/23/2022 at 3:28 AM, TooMuchTime said:

LMAO at "let airlines verify".

They dont want any extra work paperwork.  US airlines even begged to drop mask mandates and celebrated once the GOAT state Florida shut it down.

mostly the US airlines were getting weary of the anti-vaxxer anti-maskers making a fracas in the plane and getting youtube videos of the staff being abused.

• Confused 1

On 4/23/2022 at 10:48 PM, topt said:

Since we are talking about foreign travel I have absolutely no idea how you come to that conclusion and do not see the relevance to home country........

Weird reply and no idea what "the masses" has got to do with anything other than some political bias?

You agree with making hundreds of thousands if not millions of people people pay for a very specific illness insurance that likely will not pay off based soley on the fact that there have been people in the past unwilling or unable to pay their medical bills. Your logic is faulty at best and idiotic at worst. Don't be deliberately obtuse now that I have exposed you, using your own reasoning, as an absolute fool. 

Edited by LikeItHot

14 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

You agree with making hundreds of thousands if not millions of people people pay for a very specific illness insurance that likely will not pay off based soley on the fact that there have been people in the past unwilling or unable to pay their medical bills. Your logic is faulty at best and idiotic at worst. Don't be deliberately obtuse now that I have exposed you, using your own reasoning, as an absolute fool. 

By your twisted logic possibly......

However I suggest you go back and read my original post which wasn't even a reply to you although you seem to have taken it rather personally. 

You agree with making hundreds of thousands if not millions of people people pay for a very specific illness insurance.....

Nope, that's not what I said, implied or whatever. ????