How can I enter Thailand in early May, given that it takes up to 7 days to receive it after applying.

I'd like to enter Thailand in early May.

https://tp.consular.go.th/home says:

Registration on Thailand Pass for travelers entering Thailand from 1 May 2022 under new entry measures will be opened from 29 April 2022 onwards (00.01 hrs Thailand time).

How can I enter Thailand in early May, given that it takes up to 7 days for the Thai immigration to process a Thailand Pass application, and that the Thailand Pass application website doesn't accept applications before April 29?

From what i’ve seen, it looks like TPs are approved much faster than the “7 days” window.. that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if things slowed a bit right at the beginning as I’d expect a bit of “surge” … 

So, if you’re ready, I’d apply as soon as the window opens. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, user70 said:

How can I enter Thailand in early May, given that it takes up to 7 days for the Thai immigration to process a Thailand Pass application, and that the Thailand Pass application website doesn't accept applications before April 29?

By planning in time, and applying in time, as the dude below seems to have managed. ???? 

21 minutes ago, user70 said:

Took me a few days last time I did it a few weeks ago.

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

I could be instant (like the esta for usa and likes), if their system is automated.

Vaccine check, insurrance check, good to go (only red flags would be manually processed).

If so there is no reason for delay.

But i kind of doubt it works so well (and i do not mean for Thailand only).

There is some hope by Thai Pass allowing May applications from 00:01 on 29 April. That's 3 days to get the approval for late 1 May flight (7 days for 4 May) 

Also Thai Pass no longer requires the hotel involvement so one less step involved in the approval process. Should now just be 3 pages to upload (passport, insurance, vaccination)

This is why I've told all my friends to only ever travel to Thailand mid month to avoid the constant 1st of month rule changes

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

It's a bet... that the old system is still in full operation (i mean as quick/as slow), the hotel send the confirmation (knowing they may have to refund), etc.

And that it will be quicker than wait the 29.4 nobody knows.

I have a stupid question btw :

Do one need to put a phone number when applying ? The confirmation has to be on the phone ?

Or could be on paper or computer ?

Because it bother me a little, have to think roaming maybe, or can i use my Thai number once arrived ?

If i remember they say somewhere you have to download ThaiChana something... on arrival is ok ?

8 minutes ago, user70 said:

Not possible. The current TP website accepts arrival in April only.

Wasn't aware of that.

That's just plain crazy.

Once again not thought through clearly by those in charge of these matters.

I was dismissive of the thread as just assumed that you could obtain the TP NOW for entries in May. Clearly you would lose small amount on insurance (probably won't even change the premium) .

Then the Test and Go requirements ie hotel, transport etc could be cancelled with full refund.

I see your dilemma. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Actually, they may be planning a much faster turn around time for TP approval.

On the TP application they state unvaccinated can avoid quarantine if they have a negative PCR 72 hours before flight and they must upload this test result to the TP application. That implies very quick approval doesn't it?

Screenshot_20220425-101521_Samsung Internet.jpg

6 minutes ago, kishnanakishna said:

I have the exact same dilemma.

Flights already booked for a May 1st arrival. 

What's the plan? 

Try the existing TP with current requirements or obtain the Pass over the weekend 30, 31.

Edit: just saw the "Arrival" May 1.  So you have a TP currently? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Actually, they may be planning a much faster turn around time for TP approval.

On the TP application they state unvaccinated can avoid quarantine if they have a negative PCR 72 hours before flight and they must upload this test result to the TP application. That implies very quick approval doesn't it?

Screenshot_20220425-101521_Samsung Internet.jpg

These are the old rules. PCR  is no longer required before departure.

But no, it in no ways implies quicker approval. Nor will the new rules since it is still necessary to make an online application and upload documents, all this into a system that is pretty badly designed.

The two factors in approval seem to be: (1) volume of applications at that time and (2) sheer luck.

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What's the plan? 

Try the existing TP with current requirements or obtain the Pass over the weekend 30, 31.

Edit: just saw the "Arrival" May 1.  So you have a TP currently? 

No TP currently.

That's why I'm reading here to see what others are saying or if there are any other options, like agents, etc. 

2 minutes ago, kishnanakishna said:

No TP currently.

That's why I'm reading here to see what others are saying or if there are any other options, like agents, etc. 

I just saw your thread (mod may end up merging the two).

Horrible situation for you and guessing many others.

Hope you obtain a solution.

Changing flights is often very costly if tickets were budget and don't allow flight change. 

21 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

These are the old rules. PCR  is no longer required before departure.

But no, it in no ways implies quicker approval. Nor will the new rules since it is still necessary to make an online application and upload documents, all this into a system that is pretty badly designed.

These are not the old rules. From 1 May an unvaccinated traveller has 2 options:

(1) do a PCR test within 72 hours of flight, upload the result to a TP application, or (2) do 5 days quarantine on arrival

So option 1 depends on a very rapid Thai Pass approval to get it before departure eg. PCR test at -72 hrs, apply TP with PCR result at -48 hours, hopefully TP approval at -24 hours

Edited by aussiexpat

For People saying book T&G for 30 April and then get a refund, wouldn't a TP issued under the rules of 30 April stay under those rules? That is how it has worked up to now (I know you can use TP +/- 7 days)

I think this is different to a TP previously issued for 1 May where they now fall under the new rules so can get a refund

Edited by aussiexpat

16 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

I read this morning that there is no need to apply for any permits. 

No restrictions in place as from May 1st.

Where did you read this?

The official website says there will be changes on April 29th at 00.01

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kishnanakishna said:

Where did you read this?

The official website says there will be changes on April 29th at 00.01

It never takes 7 days. If everything is there you'll have a response in 48 hours.

Personally, would not try to use the old Thai Pass form. The new one is out in a few days. If it’s extremely urgent, contact the advice of an agent given by Sheryl above, or try even Royal Vacation. You can call them or use chat and ask, or email, it’s a big company in Thailand.  Is your problem that you can’t change a flight date for entry ? 

8 hours ago, user70 said:

I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

I had a COE in the system when they stopped processing applications about the 20th September. They came back on stream on the 30th Sept and I got a rejection notice on the evening of the 30th. I resubmitted the application a couple of hours later and got approval just before midnight.

Can't fault the response.

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

These are not the old rules. From 1 May an unvaccinated traveller has 2 options:

(1) do a PCR test within 72 hours of flight, upload the result to a TP application, or (2) do 5 days quarantine on arrival

So option 1 depends on a very rapid Thai Pass approval to get it before departure eg. PCR test at -72 hrs, apply TP with PCR result at -48 hours, hopefully TP approval at -24 hours

You have to bear in mind the TP is not the final say in the matter, it is up to the Disease Control officer at the airport.

An unvaccinated person could have a TP without having submitted a PCR test, then do a PCR at the airport on departure and show it to the DCO, to get the quarantine exemption.

When I did COE my vaccination status was rejected, at the airport I showed what I had to the DCO regarding the vaccinations and I was stamped in as vaccinated and quarantine reduced.

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You have to bear in mind the TP is not the final say in the matter, it is up to the Disease Control officer at the airport.

An unvaccinated person could have a TP without having submitted a PCR test, then do a PCR at the airport on departure and show it to the DCO, to get the quarantine exemption.

Good point, but I don't know why anyone would do that as they would have had to pay for 5 days quarantine to get the TP. Doubt it would be refunded the day of arrival? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Good point, but I don't know why anyone would do that as they would have had to pay for 5 days quarantine to get the TP. Doubt it would be refunded the day of arrival? 

Mine was refunded although not easy. I would agree it would be more of an escape route for someone pushed for time. 

The refund would be down to circumstances and timing. I was with Agoda and the refund policy had made the booking partially refundable before the changes came into effect and it was that fact that got me a full refund.

• Like 1

Same problem here. I booked my return flight to Thailand a month ago. It is on 30.4. and i will arrive in Thailand on 01..05.

I was about to apply for Thailand Pass with the old conditions including a hotel booking with PCR test, but i can't even choose any date other than in April.

This means there is only 1 way for me: apply for Thailand Pass with new regulations (no hotel and PCR) on 29.04. - if it really goes live then - and hope for approval of Thailand Pass within a few hours since my flight is at noon local time here on 30.04.

What a nonsense! They should at least allow me to apply under the old regulations. Cheaper than rebooking my flight (10k thb fee).

• Like 2