How can I enter Thailand in early May, given that it takes up to 7 days to receive it after applying.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are missing the point of this topic.

The rules are changing on May 1st and the Thailand Pass site will start accepting application for the changes on the 29tn. Hard to plan ahead for something like that.

Yes, and then you have to use the old ways, if you wish to be sure to be able enter at the specified time. That´s, anyway what I call planning. ???? 

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

These are the old rules. PCR  is no longer required before departure.

If you are vaccinated, correct.

if you are unvaccinated you must have either

a PCR test within 72 hours of departure 

or a 5 day quarantine with a PCR test on day 5

15 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Simple, if you want  to travel on May 1, apply based on old rule. 

Exactly, that is what I did, made a TP registration for arrival 29 April. After getting the approval I changed tickets to arrival on May 1 and cancelled the SHA+ hotel. TP is valid for 7 days before and after the registered arrival.

After my application for a COE was approved last year, the quarantine was reduced from 7 days to just one (as well as a change to TP). I simply cancelled the 7 day quarantine booking and made a one night booking with the same hotel. That was accepted and I expect that for the change on May 1, the same applies. The rule change is for arrival from May 1 onwards. In the past reductions in quarantine period have been linked to the date of arrival, not when the registration was made.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

A colleague of mine has same issue as op and just plans to come in using the old system currently on display on Thailand Pass site.

Don't you need to provide proof of a PCR test in this case?

4 hours ago, hav said:

Same problem here. I booked my return flight to Thailand a month ago. It is on 30.4. and i will arrive in Thailand on 01..05.

I was about to apply for Thailand Pass with the old conditions including a hotel booking with PCR test, but i can't even choose any date other than in April.

Hey hav,

Thailand Pass is valid +7 or -7 days of the date on the Thailand Pass (see news section, this was from a change a week ago).
If you don't mind applying with the old system, and with the old requirements, your April 29 Thailand Pass, according to the new change, would be valid for your May 1st arrival. 

Edited by ThLT

@user70
See my two posts just above this one. I haven't done this myself, but look into it.

However, it's important to note you would be applying with the old Test&Go requirements (so would need PCR test and 1-day quarantine hotel booking).

6 hours ago, ThLT said:

Hey hav,

Thailand Pass is valid +7 or -7 days of the date on the Thailand Pass (see news section, this was from a change a week ago).
If you don't mind applying with the old system, and with the old requirements, your April 29 Thailand Pass, according to the new change, would be valid for your May 1st arrival. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but i doubt that works because my booking which I need to upload to TP system indicates arrival date in May. Don't think applying for TP with arrival date in April would be successful.

I will risk it with the new system going live April 29th and hopefully receive a TP within 35hours. If not, I will rebook the flight a few hours before scheduled departure...and pay the 10k thb.

2 minutes ago, hav said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but i doubt that works because my booking which I need to upload to TP system indicates arrival date in May. Don't think applying for TP with arrival date in April would be successful.

You could book a refundable flight. To apply for an April 28 or 29 arrival date, and then still use your Thailand Pass for May 2, with the new +7 or -7 days change. 

With the +7 or -7 change, it's expected people will have different flights than the initial one.

9 minutes ago, hav said:

I will risk it with the new system going live April 29th and hopefully receive a TP within 35hours. If not, I will rebook the flight a few hours before scheduled departure...and pay the 10k thb.

I doubt you will get it in 35 hours. People exactly like you will be waiting on April 29 for the new system. Plus, you have to factor in the time staff of the Thailand Pass are sleeping/not working (different time zone). So it's more like a 10 hour window.

Although, losing 10K baht might be better than being stuck at a Bangkok airport without a Thailand Pass. Anyway, good luck.

3 hours ago, ThLT said:

Although, losing 10K baht might be better than being stuck at a Bangkok airport without a Thailand Pass. Anyway, good luck.

There is a vanishingly small chance of anyone who does not have a Thailand Pass getting on to a flight to Thailand. 
All airlines know of the Thailand Pass requirement and no airline will allow boarding to anyone who will be refused entry because they don’t have it. They would get fined by Thailand, probably the immigration authorities.

so stuck at an airport, quite possibly, but not a Thai airport.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Polaky said:

Actually  you can apply for the TP now for the 1/05, but no later than the 1st, I assume you would need a sha hotel and pcr test booked to go any further.

Where are you seeing this?

May 1st does not appear to be an option at all, which was the concern of this thread. 

3 hours ago, kishnanakishna said:

Where are you seeing this?

May 1st does not appear to be an option at all, which was the concern of this thread. 

At the time of my post it was available, now It is greyed, must have been a bug that they corrected.

On 4/25/2022 at 4:35 AM, Sheryl said:

These are the old rules. PCR  is no longer required before departure.

But no, it in no ways implies quicker approval. Nor will the new rules since it is still necessary to make an online application and upload documents, all this into a system that is pretty badly designed.

The two factors in approval seem to be: (1) volume of applications at that time and (2) sheer luck.

I have a Thai pass already issued for the 15 May the Thai pass website states I do not have to apply again due to rule changes on 1 May. This can only mean I do not have to do test and go so I have cancelled my hotel booking.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 10:01 PM, ThLT said:

You could book a refundable flight. To apply for an April 28 or 29 arrival date, and then still use your Thailand Pass for May 2, with the new +7 or -7 days change. 

With the +7 or -7 change, it's expected people will have different flights than the initial one.

I doubt you will get it in 35 hours. People exactly like you will be waiting on April 29 for the new system. Plus, you have to factor in the time staff of the Thailand Pass are sleeping/not working (different time zone). So it's more like a 10 hour window.

I guess this cold even work. However, I called the hotline today and they recommended the following scenario (also the only solution they could think of):

Wait till new TP system is online, apply for it without hotel booking (obviously), complete the application, call the support hotline to expetide the process and receive the tP qr code quickly before departure. 

Still some luck needed, but I give this one a try. Thanks for the suggestions! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Polaky said:

Actually  you can apply for the TP now for the 1/05, but no later than the 1st, I assume you would need a sha hotel and pcr test booked to go any further.

The 1st is available again this morning.

4 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Do we need to print a copy of the TP or is it enough to show an electronic screen shot to the airline at check-in?

Best to print out a copy of it and all the required documents for it in case they are asked for.

• Like 1

Update on the Thailand Pass website.

ประกาศ / Announcements

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 28 เมษายน 2565

(English below)

* ตั้งแต่วันที่ 29 เม.ย. 2565 การพิจารณา Thailand Pass จะใช้เวลาไม่เกิน 48 ชั่วโมง (2 วัน) *

* From 29 April 2022, Thailand Pass consideration will take no more than 48 hours (2 days) *

• Like 1

I submitted my application for the quarantine free Thailand pass at around 00:30 on the 29th April Thai time. Only slight annoyance was still requiring documents to be in jpg format and not pdf, but the website worked fine.

11 hours later I had been accepted and emailed the Thailand Pass and QR code, no backlogs or drams.

My arrival date was down as 6th May and the pass states entry valid from 29th April until 13th May.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 12:31 AM, Mark79 said:

11 hours later I had been accepted and emailed the Thailand Pass and QR code, no backlogs or drams.

Did the same, took 7.5h on my side. Great improvement!

• Like 1