Is the Weather noticeably hotter this year in Thailand?

webfact

Been just N of Minburi (BKK) for 7 years, it isn't hotter I think than in any of the previous years but this year has proven to be a damn sight wetter. For weeks now the forecast has been almost 50% chances of daily thunderstorms and rain. Frankly, if rain in April is evidence of Global Warming, then please light more fires and increase it as it cleans the air, waters gardens, and generally cools things down!

I hate the heat, so does my wife. We live here because Theresa May would not let her live in England once I retired and as far as TM is concerned God does NOT answer prayer! Bad cess to that woman. So I chose to sell up and leave to stay with my Thai wife who faithfully loves and cares for me. BUT we both hate the heat and humidity and how the climate destroys everything. We use fans during the day up to about 31C, but after that it's air-con from around 2.00pm to 8.00 or 9,00pm. So far used it about half of the days in the last month, we figure it costs us 85 baht a day in electricity to cool the ground floor lounge.

We run both a fan and air-con in the bedroom for my 2 hour afternoon siesta and all night from around 9.00pm until around 7.00am. Even with 2 freezers and 1 fridge without the lounge AC the electric bills were around 2200baht a month, adding the lounge this last month or so it rose to 3400 baht but given how much more comfortable we were it was worth doing. 

So my opinion - temperatures pretty much the same year on year but this year lots of unseasonal rain.