Officials Reveal Thailand Pass Could End by June

webfact

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am just curious as who you refering as scam. Are you saying AXA, a French multinational insurance company is scamming which is a serious accusation. Or perhaps you mean to imply that the insurance requirement is nuisance and obstacle for in-bound tourists and should be discarded for something more practical; that I agree. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am just curious as who you refering as scam. Are you saying AXA, a French multinational insurance company is scamming which is a serious accusation. Or perhaps you mean to imply that the insurance requirement is n by aboutuisance and obstacle for in-bound tourists and should be discarded for something more practical; that I agree. 

Read the post I am referring to, especially where it tells you where the costs have increased by about 900Bt over 7 months for much less cover. I would assume that is for Thai insurance companies. I cannot comment on non Thai insurance companies.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Read the post I am referring to, especially where it tells you where the costs have increased by about 900Bt over 7 months for much less cover. I would assume that is for Thai insurance companies. I cannot comment on non Thai insurance companies.

f6936871-0482-49aa-8443-8b4320299d2f_Domestic-BNAXA-Web01-D-th.jpg?auto=compress,format&rect=0,0,1920,324&w=1920&h=324

Eligible persons:

4. Customers who are physically outside of Thailand at the time of policy purchase.

• Sad 1

I have not had to leave the country since Covid started, so am unaware of the ins-and-outs of ThaiPass, Test&Go, or any other of the seemingly fluid Covid-prevention measures that I have heard mentioned.

However, as the announcements from official sources are (as usual) as clear as mud and because I expect I will have to make my first visa run since Feb 2020 in a month's time, maybe it's time I asked for some advice here.

If it matters, I have a Covid-extension stamp until end-May and an existing non-B multiple valid for another few months.

On 4/28/2022 at 6:32 AM, mtls2005 said:

Dropping the thaiPass and mandatory insurance is probably a reasonable move at this point.

Just want to some metrics/goals included.

June 1? Maybe. July 1, definitely.

I read nothing about insurance

On 4/28/2022 at 6:53 AM, aussiexpat said:

If they are dropping Thai Pass 1 June why didn't they just drop it 1 May instead. Would save reconfiguring Thai Pass and training airline staff all over the World on changed rules

I still can't believe people book flights to Thailand around the 1st of the month. Every month new changes 

I will wait till november!

On 4/28/2022 at 7:32 AM, Thaiwrath said:

The tourism minister disclosed that about 2.1 million foreign tourists have applied for the “Thailand Pass, but only 1.5 million were granted. With over 600,000 being unable to visit Thailand, he said that, if it is possible to ease restrictions further, when COVID-19 situation has improved, many of these potential tourists would be able to visit Thailand.

I think he'll find out that most of there 600,000 tourists have gone to a more acceptable destination already, to enjoy a holiday with far fewer silly "Covid" restrictions, like early closing times in "restaurants" that are not restaurants, and an emergency decree !

It xould be interesting tknow why 600,000 were unable to visit Thailand

On 4/28/2022 at 10:20 AM, hotchilli said:

REPLACE Thailand pass with a vaccine passport.. possibly June

keep the emergency decree in place to keep bars closed and streets clear of opposition voices.

No alcohol sales after midnight... 

sounds very enticing... NOT

You cannot ask a dictator not to be what he is

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn obviously doesn't talk to the PM, as the Thai government has said it has NOT cancelled the Thailand Pass registration requirement for foreign travellers yet, but it will be made more conve­nient and quicker to obtain. Well, I'm just going to have to take their word for it because I'm still not booking a flight to Thailand until they totally drop all this red tape and learn to live with Covid like many Western countries currently do.

Tourism professionals say Thailand's complicated entry rules are now holding back recovery in an industry that contributed 12% of GDP before the pandemic. Forward bookings for 2022 show Thailand "reaching" 25% of pre-pandemic levels. If the Thai government is happy with roughly 25% of pre-pandemic tourism then they can stick to their present course, but they can do so without the other 75% visiting Thailand.