Thailand’s latest entry requirements from 1 May 2022

webfact

Two-new-entry-schemes-for-vaccinated-and

Two new entry schemes specifically customised for vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers.

TAT Newsroom

This information has been updated on 30 April, 2022.

The following rules will be in effect from 1 May, 2022, with specific requirements for vaccinated and unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travellers from all countries/territories with scheduled arrivals from this date.

Pre-arrival requirements

Vaccinated travellers must have the following documents for entering Thailand:

A valid passport, and a Thailand Pass (via https://tp.consular.go.th/), or a Border Pass for arrivals via border checkpoints.

An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$10,000. Thais and foreign expatriates under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage are exempt from this requirement.

A Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination

Everyone 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand.

Travellers 5-17 years of age travelling to Thailand unaccompanied must get vaccinated with at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand. Those travelling with parents are exempt from this requirement.

Travellers with a history of COVID-19 infection who have received at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine post-infection must have a medical certificate of COVID-19 recovery.

Unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travellers must have the following documents for entering Thailand:

A valid passport, and a Thailand Pass (via https://tp.consular.go.th/), or a Border Pass for arrivals via border checkpoints.

An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$10,000. Thais and foreign expatriates under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage are exempt from this requirement.

A proof of prepayment for 5-night quarantine at government-approved hotel/s; such as, SHA Extra Plus (SHA++) hotel, or AQ Accommodation/s, plus a proof of prepayment for 1 RT-PCR COVID-19 test. Thais are not required to prepay for the test.

The quarantine is exempt for unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system. The exemption also extends to travellers under 6 years of age travelling with parents.

On Arrival Requirements

Upon arriving in Thailand, all travellers must undergo entry screening including body temperature check, and present the required documents to the Immigration/Health Control officer to carry out the checks.

The vaccinated travellers will then be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom. *For arrivals by land using a border pass, they will be allowed a stay of no longer than 3 days within the specified areas only.

Likewise, unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travellers who have uploaded proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom.

Otherwise, unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travellers must proceed to undergo the quarantine for 5 days. The trip to the prebooked accommodation must be by a prearranged vehicle on a sealed route within a travelling time of no longer than 5 hours. Then, they must undergo an RT-PCR test on Day 4-5. Travellers under 5 years of age, travelling with parents and undergo the quarantine together, can have a saliva test. Travellers whose test result returns as negative will be allowed to go anywhere in the kingdom, while those whose test result returns as positive will be referred for appropriate medical treatment and the expenses must be covered by the required insurance / own expense for foreign travellers, or national healthcare coverage for Thais and eligible foreign expatriates.

During the Stay

While in Thailand, both vaccinated and unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travellers are advised to strictly follow the health and safety standards. Travellers who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms should get tested. If testing positive, they must get the appropriate medical treatment.

We wish all visitors an enjoyable, safe, and rewarding holiday in Thailand during this exciting time in which we are able again to welcome travellers from around the world.

vaccination-criteria-for-travellers-to-T

entry-measures-for-international-passeng

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2022/04/thailands-latest-entry-requirements-from-1-may-2022/

4ccdac0057e1b125817854c2d637d854.png.b0b5f18f4c4dd9275118484d3c256be9.png

-- © Copyright TAT NEWS 2022-04-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/30/2022 at 3:54 PM, ukrules said:

They don't define exactly what 'fully vaccinated' is.

If it involves receiving the latest shot within a certain number of days then all but the very elderly will not meet this criteria, but again - we have no idea what the criteria is.

It's missing the most important point.

For example if you're from the UK then you may have had a 'booster' dose as recently as last October to December depending on your age.

They're now offering additional boosters to the over 75s, by winter it may be the case that people have gone a year without any shots at all and these people are all 'fully vaccinated'.

I guess things will become clearer once the empty planes start arriving.

It seems clear to me -

"Everyone 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It's a huge fail and in my opinion is where the entire scheme will unravel, many will miss it - just like you did.

Nonsense, you're obviously a doom monger.

Process is the easiest it's been since start of pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It's working right now, which means nothing.

I'm a realist.

So negative.

Myself and many others have never had any issues with TP or CoE before it.

Have you even left and re-entered Thailand recently or are your comments just based on thin air?

It's definitely a huge step in the right direction. Slightly worrying that they're still trying to snare arriving tourists into quarantine:

"Upon arriving in Thailand, all travellers must undergo entry screening including body temperature check, and present the required documents to the Immigration/Health Control officer to carry out the checks."

If you get a high temperature reading it could be a stressful arrival. I wish they'd stop obsessing about tourists from highly vaccinated countries bringing Covid into a country that already has widespread infection. 

Other than that it's great news. (oh, and they still have work to do on nightlife restrictions) 

These might be the rules for entry to Bangkok, and who knows where else but the Governor of Phetchabun province has just issued his own rules that you cannot enter the province unless you ask for approval 3 days in advance of your visit.

Phetchabun does not have many international tourists so will have little effect on them. But this even applies to Thai residents who want to visit their families.

Where do they get their ideas from that contradict the TAT and Government rules.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

We know based on many past statements that fully vaccinated comes with an expiry date after the last vaccination - they fail to mention this here.

What expiration date? My CDC card does not show any expiration date. Fully vaccinated means two doses (except one dose of Johnsen & Johnsen) of approved vaccines 14-days prior to the travel date. I don't find it anything confusing. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

These might be the rules for entry to Bangkok, and who knows where else but the Governor of Phetchabun province has just issued his own rules that you cannot enter the province unless you ask for approval 3 days in advance of your visit.

Phetchabun does not have many international tourists so will have little effect on them. But this even applies to Thai residents who want to visit their families.

Where do they get their ideas from that contradict the TAT and Government rules.

There is no way for them to police who enters, impossible.

Close to the begining of the pandemic you were not supposed to travel between provinces, i drove all over thailand without being stopped, utter nonsense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

There is no way for them to police who enters, impossible.

Close to the begining of the pandemic you were not supposed to travel between provinces, i drove all over thailand without being stopped, utter nonsense.

I agree, but it is insane that they would even suggest this. Our Khao Kho district has about 1000 resorts catering to Thais. How do they get on if it was policed.

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What expiration date? My CDC card does not show any expiration date. Fully vaccinated means two doses (except one dose of Johnsen & Johnsen) of approved vaccines 14-days prior to the travel date. I don't find it anything confusing. 

I guess you're all set for life then, good luck

THAILAND PASS APPROVED

I am Canadian over 70

I applied for TP a few hours after site opened, took 2 hours of crashes, freezes and being booted out but finally got through it.

I have no intention of going until next winter, just wanted to see what was required and if they would accept mixed vaccines and longer interval between shots. 

I am fully Vaccinated, with Canada QR Vaccine Certificate.... but Mixed vaccines Pfizer and Moderna about 10 weeks apart and Moderna booster 6 months after second shot. Booster was 4 and a half months ago.

Applied for minimum insurance through link on TP site... 650thb for 30 days covid insurance up to age 85. No medical declaration...approved policy emailed to me within minutes.

I consider this as an entrance fee,  NOT any kind of real insurance ????

Uploaded only Passport page, Vaccine Cert and Insurance Policy to TP site

Entered a flight number and date of 9 June for arrival, didn't have to upload itinerary (I did not book flight yet) Got email with key code, that registration was received within minutes and approval could take 48 hours

Approved with QR code emailed to me in 21 hours

Valid for entry between 2 June and 16 June

Hope this info helps

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NHPT said:

THAILAND PASS APPROVED

I am Canadian over 70

I applied for TP a few hours after site opened, took 2 hours of crashes, freezes and being booted out but finally got through it.

I have no intention of going until next winter, just wanted to see what was required and if they would accept mixed vaccines and longer interval between shots. 

I am fully Vaccinated, with Canada QR Vaccine Certificate.... but Mixed vaccines Pfizer and Moderna about 10 weeks apart and Moderna booster 6 months after second shot. Booster was 4 and a half months ago.

Applied for minimum insurance through link on TP site... 650thb for 30 days covid insurance up to age 85. No medical declaration...approved policy emailed to me within minutes.

I consider this as an entrance fee,  NOT any kind of real insurance ????

Uploaded only Passport page, Vaccine Cert and Insurance Policy to TP site

Entered a flight number and date of 9 June for arrival, didn't have to upload itinerary (I did not book flight yet) Got email with key code, that registration was received within minutes and approval could take 48 hours

Approved with QR code emailed to me in 21 hours

Valid for entry between 2 June and 16 June

Hope this info helps

So you paid 650 baht to just be a "Phantom tourist?" That will confuse the TAT!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but as I read it re being unvaccinated, you only have to provide a negative PCR test 72 hours prior to travel and a test on arrival with NO quarantine?

Plus the Thailand pass and insurance.

Edited by Nurseynutcase
Last line missed

On 4/30/2022 at 3:00 PM, hotchilli said:

My brother in the UK said he will wait till next year to come over and see me.

Ditto my whole family who wish to participate in my upcoming 80th birthday celebrations.  This is another source of revenue ignored by Thai Gov & Immigration.  If I go to see them, I must find an Insurance company willing to take on a very old policy holder!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 11:40 PM, rbkk said:

So you paid 650 baht to just be a "Phantom tourist?" That will confuse the TAT!

Emailed the insurance company later and they changed the policy dates to November when I do have a flight booked