Khao San Road is bustling with tourists, say media - but their picture suggests otherwise!

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Yet their picture seemed to suggest otherwise as a backpacker in an open shirt strolled by in a largely deserted street. 

INN's report clearly referred to evening visitors even though it used a photo taken in the middle of the day.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Yet their picture seemed to suggest otherwise as a backpacker in an open shirt strolled by in a largely deserted street.

One of the "high-end" spenders on a bender?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"INN said that traders and restaurant owners in the area reported an increasing number of tourists now that the country was more fully open again."

Any number north of zero is an increasing number....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Metapod said:

nonsense

spacer.png

Yup, you rely on some stock photo.  I'll rely on 20 years experience of my favorite city. During the day most of the action is to be found on the surrounding side streets, particularly Rambuttri Lek.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:36 AM, webfact said:

INN said that traders and restaurant owners in the area reported an increasing number of tourists now that the country was more fully open again. 

Couldnt that have been worded better ?

Thailand is either fully open or it isn't fully open and currently Thailand isn't fully opened .

Maybe they could have said that entry restrictions have been eased 

• Like 1

Things will take time, and we couldn't even apply for a Thailand Pass under the new conditions until last Friday, so there's almost no real effect from that yet anyway. We need to give it a month at least, and then come June and July (even though it'll be low season) tourists will return in greater numbers.

Khao Sarn used to be a lot of fun and very busy 24/7. Since Covid it has been like a ghost town during the day. In 2022 it has been very VERY loud and quite busy in the evenings, but I hope that not all of the establishments will rely on playing music at deafening volumes. I know I'm getting old never liked super loud music, but surely I can't be the only one who prefers to hear the person they're sharing a table and a beer with.

On 5/2/2022 at 1:40 PM, Emdog said:

"INN said that traders and restaurant owners in the area reported an increasing number of tourists now that the country was more fully open again."

Any number north of zero is an increasing number....

I'm not quite sure what 'more fully open again' is supposed to mean. 

• Like 1