Patpong Is Going To Change

kingstonkid

Friday night went out for dinner and a few at PATPONG.  Talking to mamsan and we got around to what was going to happen when they open the bars.  She told me that t he night market is a thing of the past.  everyone that had a stall has moved and with the low tourism she doubts they will come back.  A few of the bars are closed for good including the one that had the live bands. 

As to the girls to work in the bars she says that is not an issue she says that there are lots of girls.  Just worries about the bars and how many will be able to make money.

It is pretty depressing on the soi now as there are no lights on and with her in the middle even with the pool tables it is quiet.

I was the only guy there.       

As to the validity of her comments I have known her for about 5 years as well as another lady and they are telling me the same thing.

Even the Japanese soi is relatively quiet for it

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Like 1

They should just make it a massage street.

Or restaurant street.

Who wants to watch dumbass tarts who can't dance shuffling on stage?

If they had strip clubs like the West, that would be different - proper professional pole dancing and lap dances.

Here it is just a pathetic shuffle and then a sit on the knee followed by, "buy me a drink"

<deleted>.

The BJ bars are ok though.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Never seen so many ugly, old and fat women in one place, as the places that do sex shows in Patpong. Wanted to take my nephew to one a few years back. We were all quite grossed out.

Seems to me the place has been going downhill for a decade or longer. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

They should just make it a massage street.

Or restaurant street.

Who wants to watch dumbass tarts who can't dance shuffling on stage?

If they had strip clubs like the West, that would be different - proper professional pole dancing and lap dances.

Here it is just a pathetic shuffle and then a sit on the knee followed by, "buy me a drink"

<deleted>.

The BJ bars are ok though.

LOL   YOu are not gong to believe it but I mentioned and showed t hem a little video.  Problem is that t hey have too many girls and the brown envelopes would have to be bigger.

remember the purpose of the stage is not for the show it is to show the merchandise for people to look and choose the lucky lady that is going to make money from the drunk farang.

She also thought that the show bars  with birthday cakes darts and ping pong balls will probably not be a prevalent.  First because even she agreed they are a rip off and t here again are not enough people that will go.

Jeez, it has not been good for years and has a reputation for bad attitudes, scams and rip offs.

Maybe just turn it into a market/restaurant venue try to take some business away from Chinatown.  Otherwise, if they try to keep the old theme I bet it will fail.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:39 AM, spidermike007 said:

Never seen so many ugly, old and fat women in one place, as the places that do sex shows in Patpong. Wanted to take my nephew to one a few years back. We were all quite grossed out.

Seems to me the place has been going downhill for a decade or longer. 

I always feel sorry for those ladies.

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2022 at 5:00 PM, Jerno said:

There was no reason for such draconian measures

6,269,836 covid deaths.

If they didn't use such "draconian" measures........7 billion would be gone.  well, maybe.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I feel for the owners and customers of the lovely old bars. And for those who never experienced them and think Bangkok means theme pubs, well good luck to you.

Go-go's and live sex shows never my thing, preferred a few drinks and find a darling of my own for the night. 

36 minutes ago, rott said:

I feel for the owners and customers of the lovely old bars. And for those who never experienced them and think Bangkok means theme pubs, well good luck to you.

Go-go's and live sex shows never my thing, preferred a few drinks and find a darling of my own for the night. 

I like those bars too but I can't feel sorry for anyone who charges 120 for a small bottle of local swill (and pays staff a couple of hundred for a 12 hour day).

They had their decade(s) of raking it in. They should really be fit for retirement.

3 minutes ago, Real Name Hidden said:

I’ve been a customer of King’s Castle I and II on Patpong I for 30 years,  they’ve consistently had one of the best, if not the best, lineups in Thailand. I was never foolish enough to venture into one of the upstairs bars.

You know many of them are ladyboys? I wouldn't class that as one of the best lineups

3 minutes ago, Real Name Hidden said:

I’ve been a customer of King’s Castle I and II on Patpong I for 30 years,  they’ve consistently had one of the best, if not the best, lineups in Thailand. I was never foolish enough to venture into one of the upstairs bars.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

• Haha 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

You know many of them are ladyboys? I wouldn't class that as one of the best lineups

I don't get the whole "lineup" thing.

Much for exciting to flip the coin with a more - dare I say it - "regular" woman where you may actually get a surprise and something a bit more authentic.

Rather than the super model lineup who could all be carbon copies of each other and likely have all the same tricks up their sleeves.

23 minutes ago, Real Name Hidden said:

None are ladyboys, you’re thinking of another bar.

I recall King's Castle agogos being on the left coming from Silom? I'm 100% sure agogos on the left had ladyboys in and i used to go to King's Castle but can't recall exactly which agogo was which, some years ago

26 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I don't get the whole "lineup" thing.

Much for exciting to flip the coin with a more - dare I say it - "regular" woman where you may actually get a surprise and something a bit more authentic.

Rather than the super model lineup who could all be carbon copies of each other and likely have all the same tricks up their sleeves.

In Walking st i always found the "models" in the agogos whose lady drinks cost more plus the rest weren't that attractive, maybe Thais think they are better looking but they just looked fake to me

56 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I like those bars too but I can't feel sorry for anyone who charges 120 for a small bottle of local swill (and pays staff a couple of hundred for a 12 hour day).

They had their decade(s) of raking it in. They should really be fit for retirement.

Good point, they have contributed to their own downfall. Just a shame to see the end of the Madrid, and to see the Crown Royal doing next to nowt. Nothing like them anywhere else in Bangkok.

Would anyone open a bar as "quirky" or as "quaint" as The Old Other Office".? 

6 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

The Star Of Light comes to mind. One beer was enough.

I remember in my very early days seeing it and thinking "ah, looks like a convivial little alehouse, I'll have one in here." 

• Like 1