Shake Shack Plans 15 Restaurants In Thailand

webfact

Shake Shack China-SHUTTERSTOCK.jpg

Photograph: Shutterstock

The deal is part of an expanded partnership with Maxim’s Caterers, a licensee who already operates 24 of the burger-and-shake locations in greater China.

By Heather Lalley

Shake Shack is expanding to Thailand, with plans to open the first of 15 restaurants next year in Bangkok, the burger-and-shakes chain said Monday.

The New York City-based chain has expanded its partnership with licensee Maxim’s Caterers Limited to open more than a dozen Shake Shacks in the country by 2032.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Maxim’s currently operates 24 Shake Shacks in greater China, including Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Macau, the chain said.

“Shake Shack was born in New York, and Bangkok is another fantastic city with vibrant energy, friendly people and rich culinary traditions, and we can’t wait to serve Thailand their first ShackBurgers soon,” Michael Kark, the chain’s chief global licensing officer, said in a statement.

Full story: https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/operations/shake-shack-plans-15-restaurants-thailand

rb.jpg

-- © Copyright RESTAURANT BUSINESS 2022-05-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

possibly a healthier burger, and supposedly cooked medium, and priced same as BK.

that will depend where they source their meat, as no hormone or no antibodies beef isn't going to be easy to find here.   cooked medium, probably won't go over well, for those not knowing, so first order may be a turn off, if not specified med-well or well done.

If serving alcohol, would be a draw.  just having root beer works, unless the try to charge 50 baht for a can of A&W.

1cfc27b431a85aa24675698840385816.jpg?out

Edited by Jotnar
  • Like 1

I would like to see it come to Bangkok.  Never had a chance to try it in the states.  But the reviews are very good. 
Jotnar  brings up some very good points regarding the type and quality of the meat that the company can get. That would be a factor in the taste.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

More fast food sh!te

You are of course free to choose where you eat.

I've eaten at Shake Shack once; I thought it was EXCELLENT. I'm more of a Five Guys guy.

Foreign Burger franchises seem to come an go here, I honestly can't remember them all.

Carl's Jr and A&W pulled out of thailand recently, obviously impacted by COVID. Some Canadian franchise had a brief go I think? Big Boy is hanging on. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Maxim’s Caterers Limited

While Hong Kong based, they took over the Starbucks franchise here with local thai partner F&N ~ three years ago.

I assume they'll have some thai-centric burger option like they do in Korea for example. Hopefully something tasty and imaginative?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I assume they'll have some thai-centric burger option like they do in Korea for example. Hopefully something tasty and imaginative?

A burger tasty and imaginative..?

Fast food slop... can you imagine what the burgers are made of in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jotnar said:

possibly a healthier burger, and supposedly cooked medium, and priced same as BK.

that will depend where they source their meat, as no hormone or no antibodies beef isn't going to be easy to find here.   cooked medium, probably won't go over well, for those not knowing, so first order may be a turn off, if not specified med-well or well done.

If serving alcohol, would be a draw.  just having root beer works, unless the try to charge 50 baht for a can of A&W.

In what currency are these prices please?

Higher Thai obesity rates coming , burgers washed down with not sweet sodas but shakes = ( much more calories) Don't think I have ever had a cheese burger with a milk shake.

Edited by Tony125

2 hours ago, Jotnar said:

Key lime pie would sure be a novelty here. And the chicken dogs would be too. Wonder if they are nitrate filled, or of the healthier variety? 

8 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

Since menu of Miami branch, either USD or CUP

Looks like Col on the photo. What is a CUP please? (I know it's something to drink tea out of! )

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I've eaten at Shake Shack once; I thought it was EXCELLENT. I'm more of a Five Guys guy.

Foreign Burger franchises seem to come an go here, I honestly can't remember them all.

Carl's Jr and A&W pulled out of thailand recently, obviously impacted by COVID. Some Canadian franchise had a brief go I think? Big Boy is hanging on. 

While Hong Kong based, they took over the Starbucks franchise here with local thai partner F&N ~ three years ago.

Just what I was thinking before I read your post. I'd prefer FIVE GUYS but I haven't eaten at the Shack and it sounds pretty good. As things stand, living in Pattaya, I don't really eat burgers. Won't go to the McDs or BK and don't really trust the "premium" local places. But I would try Shack although I see for now Bangkok only. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Five Guys is good. I eat there when I visit my kids up in Portland, Oregon. But I do like In-N-Out also.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Five Guys is good. I eat there when I visit my kids up in Portland, Oregon. But I do like In-N-Out also.

In-N-Out seems rather a cult. Secret ordering language. You can keep it!

• Thanks 1

Hope to they have better luck than A&W which has had to close up Thier operations in Thailand.

Hope so.  Nice to have variety for people. 

You get tired of sinewy chicken and leathery steaks.

• Like 1

I'll stick with baangrown Prime Burger, with outlets where I live in Phuket and Pattaya.  Great selection of slam style burgers, selection of fries (potato, sweet potato, and curly), and great shakes. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In-N-Out seems rather a cult. Secret ordering language. You can keep it!

Oh ya, "Double Double" is such a cult language.  555

They are actually a Christian company.  Their drink cups and french fry trays have a bible verse under them.

in-n-out-bible-verses-today-main-191009.jpeg

Edited by PoodThaiMaiDai

1 minute ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Oh ya, "Double Double" is such a cult language.  555

They are actually a Christian company.  Their drink cups and french fry trays have a bible verse under them.

Your thinking of ChicFilA