Take care of me

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

you think it is the meat pies? 

Once experienced Britman's act of love, difficult to get away from it.
it's an addiction, a drug.

Plenty of Uni students in Chiang Mai suffering from depression now, since our friend is not more turning up so often.

• Haha 1

Just now, RafPinto said:

Sitting on bed all day.
Youtube, tiktok, messenger, line, whatsApp etc.
Phone is making noise every 15 seconds. Someone texting them.

When too bored, they register on dating site.
Cooking? Grab food, ka.

Keeping our place a bit clean? Cleaner can come, ka.

They think if they were lucky enough to catch a farang, they should be treated like princess's and have a driver, maid, etc.

This is the ONE major thing I have never got my head around living here 10 years. How do people come up from a dirt poor upbringing get so selfish, lazy and entitled? Back in my country and I think in most countries... poorer people, farmers etc are lauded as battlers, honest...hard workers. I just don't get it? Anyone have the answer? I understand a bargirl constantly weighing up if she was better off with her previous "glamorous" life but  not general farm girls from a village. On the other hand I don't think they particularly like living enclosed in a farang home, air con etc. They would much rather be outside chatting to their friends under a tree eating their own style food. A big flashy house with hot water, a big screen TV to them is only of monetarial value. They still tend to sit and look at whatever they watch on their phone and prefer cold dunk showers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

This is the ONE major thing I have never got my head around living here 10 years. How do people come up from a dirt poor upbringing get so selfish, lazy and entitled? Back in my country and I think in most countries... poorer people, farmers etc are lauded as battlers, honest...hard workers. I just don't get it? Anyone have the answer? I understand a bargirl constantly weighing up if she was better off with her previous "glamorous" life but  not general farm girls from a village. On the other hand I don't think they particularly like living enclosed in a farang home, air con etc. They would much rather be outside chatting to their friends under a tree eating their own style food. A big flashy house with hot water, a big screen TV to them is only of monetarial value. They still tend to sit and look at whatever they watch on their phone and prefer cold dunk showers.

They don't need a big house or TV or sofa or all the things which make life comfortable.

Give them a phone, a place on the floor to eat and plenty of food. Access to line, tiktok, messenger, facebook but most important MONEY and they are happy.
Money to send home to mom.

Guys think they can impress with a nice car of house.
Most of them never had anything and do not appreciate.
Real cash and gold, that's the thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Mine lived with me but every evening, she was washing her clothes in the bathroom sink 555

I told her: we have a washing machine.
This poor mentality is still in their brains.

As well, we have a hoover but no, she was swiping the floor "if she was not too tired".

Edited by RafPinto
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

You left off "Have some self-esteem".

Exactly what a person who lacking self-esteem would claim over and over. Be a man, man up, do net be a doormat, and so on ????

If you are good, trust yourself, you do not have such problems. You do what you think are best for both of you, you do mistakes, accept the mistakes, and you move on in the direction thats best for both of you, or you move on alone and not looking back with regrets. 

Forget the mistake. Remember the lesson, is a nice quote, but if you did not understood the mistake, then nothing is learned, and left as a open wound that never grows.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RafPinto said:

Mine lived with me but every evening, she was washing her clothes in the bathroom sink 555

I told her: we have a washing machine.
This poor mentality is still in their brains.

As well, we have a hoover but no, she was swiping the floor "if she was not too tired".

You didn't mention washing up with a little bowl of water and way too much detergent and 15 liters of running water.....  because they have the notion washing up liquid causes cancer (Even though they are using three times more soap than usual not to mention the "fermented" bacterial food they just ingested) The too tired thing comes from their diet I am sure. IV Sugar / fake milk drinks, fried and processed rubbish, animal fats etc  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Exactly what a person who lacking self-esteem would claim over and over. Be a man, man up, do net be a doormat, and so on ????

If you are good, trust yourself, you do not have such problems. You do what you think are best for both of you, you do mistakes, accept the mistakes, and you move on in the direction thats best for both of you, or you move on alone and not looking back with regrets. 

Forget the mistake. Remember the lesson, is a nice quote, but if you did not understood the mistake, then nothing is learned, and left as a open wound that never grows.

Wow that's almost as good as Gerry & the Pacemakers -- Walk on, Walk on with hope in your heart ... 

Well Almost as good.

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

You left off "Have some self-esteem".

Great point. A guy with self esteem wants to take his time. If for no other reason, than to determine if the woman is worthy of his love, support and devotion. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Great point. A guy with self esteem wants to take his time. If for no other reason, than to determine if the woman is worthy of his love, support and devotion. 

Well OK but, if she is an all around hot number, if you take  too much time, maybe she'll just find someone else.

12 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's a very reasonable  request regarding the material wealth of a future life partner. She is asking can you support  her and provide  for  her. It's very sensible  and honest and used to be standard  in the west.

Sure it was...but the words "used to be standard in the west" are the operative words.  Who in their right mind would want to take an issan princess, who has nothing to give to the equation excepts looks and a young age, and make her an instant millionaire in the eyes of her wanting family and elevate her above even some Hi-So's.  All one is doing is creating a nightmare scenario.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's a very reasonable  request regarding the material wealth of a future life partner. She is asking can you support  her and provide  for  her. It's very sensible  and honest and used to be standard  in the west.

Easy solution. 

I also would like to put my feet up and someone looking after me.

A few I dated had good education, earned good money and got a mortgage etc.

At around 39, too tired 555 and wanted to "lelax" and someone to take care of them.

No thanks. At that age, you are able to bring something to the table, not just your body.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sure it was...but the words used to be standard in the west are the operative words.  Who in their right mind would want to take an issan princess, who has nothing to give to the equation excepts looks and a young age, and make her an instant millionaire in the eyes of her wanting family and elevate her above even some Hi-So's.  All one is doing is creating a nightmare scenario.  

Exactly.

Get your a.. off and bring something to the table.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sure it was...but the words "used to be standard in the west" are the operative words.  Who in their right mind would want to take an issan princess, who has nothing to give to the equation excepts looks and a young age, and make her an instant millionaire in the eyes of her wanting family and elevate her above even some Hi-So's.  All one is doing is creating a nightmare scenario.  

You haven't watched much Disney movies have you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

What does that mean?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Really? I think after 1 month you have all the info you need.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nothing wrong with taking care of a good woman. I really like doing so. Mine really deserves the care and support she gets. But, she does bring alot to the table. She works, she is smart, funny, sexy, beautiful, quite a bit younger than me (my preference, by a long shot) and very supportive of me. I could not ask for a better woman, and there is no way I could find a gal like her in the West. Never happen. 

Refreshing to hear a positive experience, having had the same experience of dating, living together and marrying many years ago.

From Thai friends and former business colleagues/associates, females that I have employed and from social interests, cabin crew that I know, etc there are many Thai females who have never been married and who are not looking to move in quickly with a farang and live as they did in a village.

It seems that that target market for a high proportion of posters is limited, such posters carry out no due diligence and are unable to quickly judge a person, maybe because they are distracted by other immediate priorities.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Guys think they can impress with a nice car of house.
Most of them never had anything and do not appreciate.
Real cash and gold, that's the thing.

I remember asking mine to go and look for a new bed and mattress.

She said, "I can't help, my family have never had furniture before"

• Like 1

Couple of reflections. Many have and will continue to denounce the "nanny state". Well, Thailand is a proclaimed "developing country", much in the way of social system support (as an American, you can understand my envy at Thais having a national healthcare program - but then most western nations find this unexceptional). So, i approach Thai roles as being back in the US when I was raised. Dad was expected to financially support the family (in my case Dad was a welder and most times had both a full-time union job and worked a second job). Mom took care of the home and was there when my Brother and I returned from school. There is tradeoff here ... the financial support but a traditionally raised Thai girl is well aware her wellbeing is directly tied to "looking after her man" (let the western feminine flaming begin). At any rate, this westerner is quite happy and being well cared. Just a "footnote", I have observed that the ideal is a sterile, orphan ... In my case? Her family is financially not in any need and is happy that she and their Granddaughter have someone "taking care" of them.

4 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Easy solution. 

I also would like to put my feet up and someone looking after me.

A few I dated had good education, earned good money and got a mortgage etc.

At around 39, too tired 555 and wanted to "lelax" and someone to take care of them.

No thanks. At that age, you are able to bring something to the table, not just your body.

Up to you but in western  society where the traditional  model has changed to what you describe men have found women can take what they bought to the table and more.  Financial parity does not guarantee mans happiness. Anyway the job of house wife and  carer is recognised as a full time job. But you will find Thai women with careers don't  want you or need you. What do they get out of marrying  you? Sex? Regular  sex? LOL. They don't need an entitled white man for  that.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I remember asking mine to go and look for a new bed and mattress.

She said, "I can't help, my family have never had furniture before"

They still know what furniture  is though. They still like to go shopping. Some of your comments are far fetched  to put it politely or you are meeting  really  weird,  exceptionally weird Thais the like of which I've never met in 30 years nor actually heard of.