Ripped off at gas station

Bracken5807

41 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Dont have to get out you can see the pump and the quantity going in from your car no problem

There's also the issue of seeing the correct fuel is going in, that's my prime concern actually. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PT and PTT station have member points card for customer

Give this card when you pay and paper is given to customer to show purchase amount

Not easy for workers to cheat full tank because many customer have these cards to prove gasoline amount

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, warrima said:

Proof? im sure the op got a receipt when he paid to fill his tank. If it was filled at 9.15 am in the morning and at 9.20 you can fill it again then there is something serously amiss.

In years of living here ( I pay in Cash) I have only been offered a receipt less than 5 times for petrol 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

In years of living here ( I pay in Cash) I have only been offered a receipt less than 5 times for petrol 

Ask for receipt or use member points card for purchase proof

Station do not automatic offer receipt for all customer

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I get a receipt 90% of the time. If i don't i ask for it. Not an insignificant amount of money these days. 

• Haha 1

Are you absolutely sure that fuel never went in? I only ask because one day I filled up my car and the gauge moved hardly at all (I knew fuel had gone in) I went to my Mazda dealer and they took the back seats out and checked, fuel was there, they said always turn off your engine before you fill the car up, by the way they did not charge me for this

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Are you absolutely sure that fuel never went in? I only ask because one day I filled up my car and the gauge moved hardly at all (I knew fuel had gone in) I went to my Mazda dealer and they took the back seats out and checked, fuel was there, they said always turn off your engine before you fill the car up, by the way they did not charge me for this

????

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:17 AM, warrima said:

I know its thailand and the police are what they are - but surely if you filled up a full tank 52 litres and paid 1600 baht or whatever and your gauge is only showing 2 or 3 litres moments later then its clear you were never filled up to start with. 

If the gas tank sender unit is bad it would produce the situation you described. Stuck on empty regardless of tank level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bbko said:

Like a few others here, I always immediately jump out of my car and start filming my dashboard, my license plate, the worker and their ID card and to show proof of what day it is I'll video that days newspaper, then I'll video the cars behind me and their ID card and get their cell phone numbers to act as witnesses if/when I file a class action law suit....555.

oh yes, its such a drama to be ripped few bahts, it's really worth the hassle for cheap charlies real strong men...

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2022 at 12:26 PM, KhunBENQ said:

True because they need some current to update.

As most users I do not switch off ignition during fill up (one of the most ignored rules and do you switch off your mobile :biggrin:). My filling indicator moves up during filling.

Yep, turn off engine leave ignition on .then you an see whats going in.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:17 AM, warrima said:

I know its thailand and the police are what they are - but surely if you filled up a full tank 52 litres and paid 1600 baht or whatever and your gauge is only showing 2 or 3 litres moments later then its clear you were never filled up to start with. 

But he could have driven away and emptied the tank. Such things happen.

4 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

As soon as I stop at the pump I start videoing, starting at the gauge, then stepping out and the attendant's face and name, requesting to video their national ID card, them undoing the fuel cap and the purchase up until it has been completed and the vehicle has been started and the fuel gauge indicates the number of liters in the tank.

You can't be too careful when everyone's out to get you.

I have been living in Thailand full time for over 20 years and I have never felt that anybody is out to get me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Should have taken a photo of the attendant and sent it to head office.

I reported a guy at golf the other week, always trying to give change for 500 when i give 1,000. Looks so disappointed when he can't rip me off

Extraordinary that he should  try it more than once with the same person.

20 minutes ago, Happy Howard said:

Hopefully all forum reader will boycott your gas station! 

Or simply turn their heads 90 degrees and look at the meter before filling up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

I have been living in Thailand full time for over 20 years and I have never felt that anybody is out to get me.

I feel the same way.  Two months ago at a girly bar in Pratumnak I paid a 180 baht bill with two one thousand notes  instead  of two one hundred notes. The service  staff came  running across the room as I got up to leave to explain  my mistake. This is the  kind of behaviour  I have encountered over the last thirty years here. I feel sorry for  the paranoid, inadequates who live in the expectancy of being 'wipped off man' and constantly fear being cheated.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bbko said:

Or simply turn their heads 90 degrees and look at the meter before filling up.

I usually hear and feel the liquid moving through  the hose and nozzle when I put petrol in my motor whilst checking the dials on the  petrol  pump simultaneously. There's  something  fishy about this story.

Edited by The Hammer2021

Title changed and some posts edited DO NOT name and shame on this forum.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Any such posts will be removed and the poster may face an immediate ban.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand and elsewhere in ASEAN.