COVID-19 - May 5: Thailand reports 9,790 new coronavirus cases, 17,109 recoveries, 54 deaths

webfact

COV5.jpg

file photo

Thailand on Thursday (May 5) reported 9,790 new COVID-19 cases, 17,109 recoveries and 54 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 4,300,614 with 28,914 deaths.

The news comes as Thailand’s Education and Public Health ministries have adopted several measures in preparation for the resumption of on-site classes on May 17th at schools across the country, after almost two years of online learning due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Although numerous safety measures are in place, they are less restrictive than they were at the start of the pandemic, to reflect the changing situation which saw new COVID-19 infections and deaths steadily slowing after the Songkran holidays.**

** Thai PBS contributed to this report

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update05MAY).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-05

- Pacific Prime offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

that by the end of June, they will have reached the parameters set forth to declare the virus Endemic.

I'll say end of May, beginning of June, because they want the economy opened up a$$-up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The new true lack of testing, and then the new way of counting a Covid death, has now reared it's ugly head.  I predict that at the way they are going, that by the end of June, they will have reached the parameters set forth to declare the virus Endemic.

It's a fudge- an 'off ramp' really.  We all know that.

But, in my opinion. as posters know I've always thought Omicron quite different from previous variants, to the extent that the established way of counting of deaths is not accurate. Imagine if we treated flu deaths the same way, ie, positive test plus any cause.  Likely the new figures are much more realistic.  That is not to underestimate risk, but rather establish a true perspective.

• Like 1

Not sure anyone else thinks this is worthy of note.

Thailand has fewer Covid cases than most. So what does it do? 

Says, welcome all you people from countries with high infection rates. 

2 hours ago, Petey11 said:

So if someone has an underlying disease, say kidney disease, they catch COVID which triggers a deteriation in there condition, the kidneys fail and they die, are they now no longer counted as a COVID death. All gets confusing IMO which I suppose is the government aim.

Covid-19 is recorded on the death certificate as cause of death for ALL decedents where the disease, or is assumed to have cause, or contributed to death. i.e. Covid-19 is the underlying cause of death. Example would be someone with kidney disease dies with covid-19, the death certificate would have covid-19 as a significant condition contributing to death but not the underlying cause. WHO guidelines are sufficiently clear. 

• Thanks 1

I thought I read on this exact forum that no more Covid updates would be happening starting on May 1?  What happened?  These updates really are not necessary anymore. You can easily google this info. The four or five posters most concerned about this can do the same as well.  

Edited by alex8912
  • Confused 2

COVID-19 - May 6: Thailand reports 7,705 new coronavirus cases, 11,252 recoveries, 62 deaths

image.jpeg

file photo

Thailand on Friday (May 6) reported 7,705 new COVID-19 cases, 11,252 recoveries and 62 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1258824-covid-19-may-6-thailand-reports-7705-new-coronavirus-cases-11252-recoveries-62-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin