Immigration told to clean up their act: Employ a "service mind" - no playing on phones and no bribes

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Pol Lt-Gen Prajuap Wongsuk was laying down the law, reported Daily News who used vocabulary akin to "rod of iron".

Said the man dressed in military style uniform.  That'll bring out the service mind, guaranteed!

No playing on phones, no bribes, be nice to tourists... sounds mai sanook.

• Like 2

No bribes and being more friendly will probably last a day after he's gone. Even when getting my Elite Visa sticker affixed, you'd think they'd at least have a somewhat friendly IO handling the process but nope, didn't look or acknowledge me at all for most of the time and a kind of unfriendly demeanor when forced to. Also tried to drag the process for a long time for invalid reasons. The Elite Personal Liason was the complete opposite though and very friendly and helpful and did her job well at least. Very happy to no longer have to set foot in immigration offices anymore as I'll just have an agent do the yearly extensions for me.

• Like 2

As I wrote several times again.... Educate them to be friendly, helpful and welcoming tourists, instead of grumpy lazy officers behind the desks.. and I know not everyone is grumpy and lazy, but in some countries the immigration are very very friendly....In Thailand you have the feeling if you enter the counter that you are  sought criminal some times

2 hours ago, PJPom said:

Hate to say this but I have never had a problem with my IO, this only goes back six years so fingers crossed. Certificate of residence given with a smile and no fee, acceptance of my yearly income without question, no fuss and no bother, am I just lucky ?.

No so much lucky as you probably have a really good agent!!!  ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PJPom said:

Hate to say this but I have never had a problem with my IO, this only goes back six years so fingers crossed. Certificate of residence given with a smile and no fee, acceptance of my yearly income without question, no fuss and no bother, am I just lucky ?.

Korat immigration and Bueng Kan have been great , Udon ok but yak yak Germansn wanting marriage extension they hate this last one paperwork 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Why do you hate to say it? You should be proud that you can say it. Very often good service is the result of a good 2 way interaction, not just a smiley IO.

Well the OP refers to Chonburi Immigration and that poster, although not mentioning it, says he lives in Krabi. We all know differing offices offer wildly differing services. I actually have a vague recollection of mention Krabi making up its own rules.

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He needs to come around every week,just to keep them

on their toes , as they soon fall back into their old ways.

Having said that my last extension at Chiang Mai immigration

went very well , just over half an hour, never have I been asked

for or paid a bribe to any Immigration official.

regards Worgeordie

Indeed, but the guys in Australia are real A holes compared to them, here they at least smile when they scr... you. 

• Confused 1

The fct that it is in the news what was said and why it was said is probably more enlightening as opposed to whom it was said.

It is clear that the fact this makes the news, tells us all they know how their Immigration OFFICERS work and showing us all they are on top of everything is just Political sense, but a waste of time in reality.