Immigration told to clean up their act: Employ a "service mind" - no playing on phones and no bribes

webfact

39 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I gotta ask - what service were you denied by the actual employees?

I had just returned from the US. I deliberately allowed my marriage visa to expire, so I could convert to a retirement visa. After I got the 15 day extension, I was told I could get a 90 day, non immigrant O, which would then be converted to the one year retirement visa. Except when I came back for that, they told me I needed some sort of letter from my embassy, that same day, which is impossible to get, and they knew that. So, what is the solution I asked?

Oh, here is a phone number. Call them, and they can hook you up. For a substantial fee. And who gets a cut of that fee? It is so blatant they are selling agent services in the immigration offices now. That is how fake and spectacularly disingenuous Wongsuk, and this whole story about immigration being straight is. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, fulhamster said:

you've never been to the Jomtien office then

No I haven't. In my earlier days I used to go to Suan Phlu (terrible parking there), in 2009 when I retired I went to Mae Sot as I was living in rural Kamphaeng Phet.

2010 for several years  I used Nakhon Sawan as they had opened an office, then for the next 5 or 6 years it was hunt the KPP office.

Their latest office is in a large building about 4km from Global house heading north. The office in KPP city was getting a bit cramped for all of them I think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PJPom said:

Hate to say this but I have never had a problem with my IO, this only goes back six years so fingers crossed. Certificate of residence given with a smile and no fee, acceptance of my yearly income without question, no fuss and no bother, am I just lucky ?.

Yes...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Card said:

Been dealing with Jomtien immigration for 3 years  I always find them hard working and efficient with no hint of any kind of bribe required. I wouldn't pay one anyway.

The 90 day report needs to go.  Probally a third of traffic at that IO.  The grumpy rude male officer at the reception desk needs to retire. Its too small a government building to handle the amount of business.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Indeed, but the guys in Australia are real A holes compared to them, here they at least smile when they scr... you. 

That was exactly the impression I got on my one and only trip to Australia, but it was some years ago!

8 hours ago, PJPom said:

Hate to say this but I have never had a problem with my IO, this only goes back six years so fingers crossed. Certificate of residence given with a smile and no fee, acceptance of my yearly income without question, no fuss and no bother, am I just lucky ?.

That's great to hear. Where?

2 hours ago, toho said:

Never getting a bill for paid residence certificate fees, also after specifically asking for it!

yeah, I tried too but you'll never get that because it's supposed to be free.

• Like 1

Typical.  They wait until things start picking up and then make a show of getting things in order.  They had two years of downtime to fix any problems, what was everyone doing during then?  It sure wasn’t working hard to fix any problems.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, koele2 said:

Typical.  They wait until things start picking up and then make a show of getting things in order.  They had two years of downtime to fix any problems, what was everyone doing during then?  It sure wasn’t working hard to fix any problems.  

They had two years of downtime to fix any problems, what was everyone doing during then?  

from the sound of it, playing on their phones and taking bribes...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Well, I've been here over 7 years, haven't witnessed any corruption yet. I don't say it doesn't happen, but the culprit must be those who are ready to pay for extensions while they are unable to meet the lawful requirements.

You know nothing, I have well in excess of a million in my account & they still want me to pay, just blatant graft.

Oh, I've been here for close to 11 years, Pattaya/Jomtien immigration, the most corrupt office in Thailand.

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Wait for the land borders to re-open and the little "tip" per head for crossing starts up again.

Never had that from the Thai side ever. Cost me 100 baht to leave Laos into Cambodia. And Excessive fee entering Cambodia from Thailand 'coz i wouldn't use a tout and got called into their office to pay, before on line visas. 

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

That's great to hear. Where?

Trat is no problem but have strict rules to follow no Tips necessary if you follow their rules. 

10 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

You know nothing, I have well in excess of a million in my account & they still want me to pay, just blatant graft.

Oh, I've been here for close to 11 years, Pattaya/Jomtien immigration, the most corrupt office in Thailand.

Another good reason not to live anywhere near Pattaya.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

This is rich.. it has got far more corrupt during Covid and now one is pressured to go via an agent with extra requirements and long queues!

Not everyone is pressed to go to an agent.

I didn't see much difference during Covid other than people wearing masks.

Too little, too late.
Damage have already been done by these f....g immigration suckers.
Where was Prayuth and his "cleaning up the country" all these years?
Lots of east Asian countries have taken the meat over ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

Too little, too late.
Damage have already been done by these f....g immigration suckers.
Where was Prayuth and his "cleaning up the country" all these years?
Lots of east Asian countries have taken the meat over ...

He was feeding at the trough with the rest of his cronies 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, webfact said:

This meant having a "service mind" when it came to dealing with visitors to immigration.

That would be refreshing, but I'll believe it if and when I can see it with my own eyes. ????