Immigration told to clean up their act: Employ a "service mind" - no playing on phones and no bribes

webfact

As long as you run a monopoly provider for stamps, approvals etc. you literally can charge what you want and treat your victims likewise. 

Having said that, there are nice[r] offices than Jomtien but it might have to do with their clientele. Some service seekers are really off the scale and should be sent home to dress properly, get a shave and leave their catch-of-last-night at home ..........

Its been a couple of years since i have used Immigration at  Bangkok Airport,  but  it  would be good if he had a word there, ... too many sour faced  Immigration  people   compared with Singapore  who wished me a pleasant flight, with a smile,...a smile something i have never had  from Thai Immigration officer in 22 years of being here 

• Like 1

in my ten years of dealing they are still overweight paperwork, underweight staff and stricter rules to encourage and prioritize agent based service inc 800k  over walk-ins

No reliable online service should allow 90 day & residential cert at least.

I know many expats who don't do the manual anymore paying the bribe is the Thai way

Used to love the 1 yr non imm that was available before coming to thailand.

Edited by tomyami

On 5/6/2022 at 11:42 AM, Moonlover said:

Why do you hate to say it? You should be proud that you can say it. Very often good service is the result of a good 2 way interaction, not just a smiley IO.

I'm the same as you. I've always had excellent service from the IOs in Sakon Nakhon and I'm happy to be able to say that. ????

same here in phetchabun service good no probs...so far 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomyami said:

Used to love the 1 yr non imm that was available before coming to thailand.

Yes, my first few years here were on Non-Imm-O Multis, trips out of the country every 3 months were fun for a while but I actually got tired of them eventually.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 1:45 PM, darrenr said:

Arrived Bali yesterday process so easy and streamline! But immigration officer asked me 20 questions , how long you stay, why are you here , where are you staying , do you have a return ticket and what date you leaving , then has my passport in his hand and says what’s your full name and date of birth , felt like saying you want me to submit to a cav.ty search as well , he could see my photo on my passport (mask down)

I am regular visit to Thailand but won’t be going until they get rid of that Thailand Pass.

Bali only has the online immigration form to complete 3 days before no issue , but also have paper copies as well on plane or arrival

after hearing the problems with The Thailand Pass , i think I will Pass !

thailand is going to lose a lot of market share to Phillipines and Vietnam which reported i news has returned to approx 70-80% of pre pandemic levels , what’s Thailand at ?

Wasting your Time it’s ez 

• 2 weeks later...