Immigration told to clean up their act: Employ a "service mind" - no playing on phones and no bribes

webfact

They opened a brand new dedicated  immigration building in our area.  It has CCTV cameras in the front area to protect against bribes.  And in the back room where you pay—they accept credit cards—and have an obvious tip jar.  This seems to work.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Total nonsense. Pol Lt-Gen Prajuap Wongsuk was laying down the law. That is as fake as it gets. On my last visit to immigration, they actually had the audacity to refer me to a visa agent, where I could pay a bribe, and immigration would get it's share. Not sure if they have ever been more corrupt than they are today, and Wongsuk is getting rich from it. 

Articles and actions like this are meant only for the most naive amongst us.

Some people like it the way it is thou

4 hours ago, PJPom said:

acceptance of my yearly income without question, no fuss and no bother, am I just lucky ?

Are sure you are in Thailand? 
This morning the immigration office of koh Samui refused me the annual extension of the "O Thai wife" visa, despite a restaurant, a salary for which I pay taxes, 
 the certificate of my annual Italian income (3 times the 400k)  translated by my Embassy.
They told me  have to see 400k or 40k a month every month; this is absurd, useless to explain I got around 1 million from Italy in 12 months.

In the end she told me to put the 400k in the bank and go back to apply for the visa or go to apply abroad in one  Thai Embassy

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Yes it is Pattaya immigration, and the queue can be out the door & through the carpark down to the road when immigration has been closed due to a holiday or two, considering that Pattaya probably has the highest concentration of expats than anywhere else in Thailand it could really do with a larger office & probably a separate building for the 90 day reporting. 

Ah, I am so lucky to use the Kalasin office. Rarely more than half a dozen there, usually Lao, and a separate office for the 90 day report.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Total nonsense. Pol Lt-Gen Prajuap Wongsuk was laying down the law. That is as fake as it gets. On my last visit to immigration, they actually had the audacity to refer me to a visa agent, where I could pay a bribe, and immigration would get it's share. Not sure if they have ever been more corrupt than they are today, and Wongsuk is getting rich from it. 

If you don’t have the money agents will “fix” the matter! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hope you're right. I depend on the "brown envelope method" to get my yearly extensions.

• Haha 2

I gotta ask - what service were you denied by the actual employees?

Anyone on the planet who believes this? Please contact me, I have a cheap island for sale!

It's a bit like Thais lifting up their masks to cover their mouths and noses when a farang comes towards them, they not only think we are brain dead, they also think we are odds on to have covid, unlike themselves. 

Yet I love them all, anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He needs to come around every week,just to keep them

on their toes , as they soon fall back into their old ways.

Having said that my last extension at Chiang Mai immigration

went very well , just over half an hour, never have I been asked

for or paid a bribe to any Immigration official.

regards Worgeordie

When I got my first retirement extension I had to pay a bribe that was in 2017 haven't had to pay one since 

....and there's plenty of that out there to go around. 

• Like 1

Another year in the LOS. 15 mins at the labor office, then 15 minutes at immigration. Thanks Issan.

As opposed to a certain office neighboring BKK, which takes several visits each lasting several hours. The best thing to happen to that office, IMHO, would be to sink into the ocean and provide that area with lovely seaside recreation.

IMG_20220506_170940.jpg

• Like 1

The biggest problems are the office is too small and in the wrong location, it should be in Central Pattaya, there is a huge empty top floor in the Avenue Shopping Centre which would be ideal.

I think dealing with the public no matter where isn’t the best of vocations, I have found here also Bank Staff never appear to be happy very rarely smile or acknowledge you. I think both jobs Immigration and the Banking sector is stressful because of the amount of paperwork which they have to sort through.

• Thanks 1