Can tourists still pet tigers in Thailand, and where is closest to Bangkok?

cliveshep

12 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

we know your views and feelings, I do not want to hear more of them

It rather looks as if you don't know much about anything to do with tigers, wildlife and conservation, but substitute this gap in your knowledge with cliches and stereotypes - is this an attempt to cover up the gaps in your knowledge?

19 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-big-unsexy-problem-with-tiger-selfies-180964489/

For the “safety” of the public, the cubs are usually sedated to prevent biting and clawing, and then stored in small cages when no longer needed. 

https://www.turpentinecreek.org/cub-petting/

And it's not only the sedating, but maltreatment and malnutrition among other disturbing and exploitative practices. :post-4641-1156693976::1zgarz5::post-4641-1156693976:

https://carolinatigerrescue.org/newsroom/what-cub-petting-really-is/

Here's 3 and there's more. Never heard of Google?

It is interesting the people obsess about the "druggin of Tigers at the zoo.....it is actually a red herring and the implication that if they weren't drugges all objections should be disregarded is just risible . What would you infer if there was no evidence of drugging????

There was video showing how the tigers were probably drugged but this really wasn't the main issue with te temple - were were so many other things wrong - basically keeping tigers, trading them for parts and carcasses, lying about where they came from, mismanaging their captivity and illegally breeding them.

the operation did untold damage to the state of tiger conservation in Thailand.

as for drugging, it is commonplace practice, regarded as normal amongst the "traditional" keepers of animals in Thailand, from big cats to reptiles and mammals use in the streets. 

The video of possible drugging was presented by Cee4life - who were one of the several bodies concerned with the malpractices at the Tiger Temple.

https://www.cee4life.org/past-projects-investigative-reports/

Edited by Thunglom

49 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It asnt a false anything , if It weren't the the Tiger Kingdoms, they wouldn't be alive, which would mean they would be dead 

An interesting but totally false dichotomy. 

57 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I don't know about any of that but i'd like to know where I can bottle-feed the OP's caged daughter and her bf. I'm willing to pay 300 baht. ps they'd better be docile and cute and not talk too much. I hate it when animals kept against their will do that!

As I said it's the obsession with this one aspect that is really not constructive. 

Not quite sure what the second part of your post means.

58 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

if It weren't the the Tiger Kingdoms, they wouldn't be alive,

that is a false premise too....but I think you'd better Google false dichotomy.

Edited by Thunglom

2 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

that is a false premise too....but I think you'd better Google dichotomy.

Initially, Tiger cubs were rescued from the wild, where they faced a cetin death .

If they wouldnt have been rescued, then they wouldn't be alive today 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It isnt a false anything , if It weren't the the Tiger Kingdoms, they wouldn't be alive, which would mean they would be dead 

I can only repeat - An interesting but totally false dichotomy. 

4 hours ago, Thunglom said:

It is interesting the people obsess about the "druggin of Tigers at the zoo.....it is actually a red herring and the implication that if they weren't drugges all objections should be disregarded is just risible . What would you infer if there was no evidence of drugging????

There was video showing how the tigers were probably drugged but this really wasn't the main issue with te temple - were were so many other things wrong - basically keeping tigers, trading them for parts and carcasses, lying about where they came from, mismanaging their captivity and illegally breeding them.

the operation did untold damage to the state of tiger conservation in Thailand.

as for drugging, it is commonplace practice, regarded as normal amongst the "traditional" keepers of animals in Thailand, from big cats to reptiles and mammals use in the streets. 

The video of possible drugging was presented by Cee4life - who were one of the several bodies concerned with the malpractices at the Tiger Temple.

https://www.cee4life.org/past-projects-investigative-reports/

Not sure what your point and moreso, especially why it's directed at me. Fellow earthlings kept in captivity for the human animal's entertainment and financial gain is wrong on all levels, except rehab or unable to survive in the wild and even that is questionable. Also I clearly stated it was more than just the sedating.

The dude to whom I responded asked for just 1 link about drugging and I provided 3. There are more. There is zero doubt these tigers are highly sedated, otherwise these magnificent alpha-predators would be killing and maiming people regularly as that's just what they do. It's innate and instinctive. Then these awful places would be shut down, which would be great! But not for the pathetic exploiters and those that frequent and defend such places,, so they keep them docile in an additional unnatural state with tranquilizing drugs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

They are declawed, drugged,  and put on short chains so they can not stand up to attack tourist. A few years ago i was seeing a girl who worked in chiang mai feeding them

That is completely untrue . 

The tigers are not on any chains, they can stand up and they aren't declawed and I dont believe the last bit either 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 6:38 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Tigers are naturally docile in the day time , they usually sleep in the daytime in the wild .They are only active in the morning and evening and sleep in the daytime 

“In the wild “ . These poor animals are not in the wild, they are LOCKED up, far from their natural surroundings. This is a very cruel business, and those who contribute to it are uneducated supporting this cruelty. Shame on you. I’m sure the world agrees. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is completely untrue . 

The tigers are not on any chains, they can stand up and they aren't declawed and I dont believe the last bit either 

When he was just 6 weeks old, Pika was taken away from his mother at the Safari Park Open Zoo and Camp in Kanchanaburi, Thailand, so tourists could bottle-feed him and take selfies. Then, when Pika was about 2 and a half months old, he was sent to a vet to be declawed, a dangerous procedure in big cats that basically amputates their toes at the first knuckle.

https://www.thedodo.com/in-the-wild/zoo-declaws-tiger-lion-cubs-thailand

8 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not sure what your point and moreso, especially why it's directed at me. Fellow earthlings kept in captivity for the human animal's entertainment and financial gain is wrong on all levels, except rehab or unable to survive in the wild and even that is questionable. Also I clearly stated it was more than just the sedating.

The dude to whom I responded asked for just 1 link about drugging and I provided 3. There are more. There is zero doubt these tigers are highly sedated, otherwise these magnificent alpha-predators would be killing and maiming people regularly as that's just what they do. It's innate and instinctive. Then these awful places would be shut down, which would be great! But not for the pathetic exploiters and those that frequent and defend such places,, so they keep them docile in an additional unnatural state with tranquilizing drugs. 

As said the drugging of the animals is a red herring. It shows a lack of understanding of the real issues involved - e.g. conservation.

Edited by Thunglom

3 minutes ago, geisha said:

“In the wild “ . These poor animals are not in the wild, they are LOCKED up, far from their natural surroundings. This is a very cruel business, and those who contribute to it are uneducated supporting this cruelty. Shame on you. I’m sure the world agrees. 

You misunderstood my point. 

Even though they are in captivity , they are usually docile in the daytime (in the wild) and thus they are also docile in captivity in the daytime . They arent suddenly going to become energetic just because they are in captivity

And if they were not locked up, they wouldn't be alive 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

they can stand up

REALLY? = Oh that's OK then.

The natural range  of male tigers is 267 and 294 km2 and females'  range is around 70 and 84 km2,.

do you not see the irony in your comments?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

When he was just 6 weeks old, Pika was taken away from his mother at the Safari Park Open Zoo and Camp in Kanchanaburi, Thailand, so tourists could bottle-feed him and take selfies. Then, when Pika was about 2 and a half months old, he was sent to a vet to be declawed, a dangerous procedure in big cats that basically amputates their toes at the first knuckle.

https://www.thedodo.com/in-the-wild/zoo-declaws-tiger-lion-cubs-thailand

We were talking about the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai which has nothing to do with the place in Kanchanaburi 

On 5/6/2022 at 4:33 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

they were born in captivity and are happy being around humans 

If they were Orn in captivity, they were ILLEGALLY bred, if they were imported from another country this is also ILLEGAL and if they were smuggled, this is also illegal on so many levels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thunglom said:

REALLY? = Oh that's OK then.

The natural range  of male tigers is 267 and 294 km2 and females'  range is around 70 and 84 km2,.

do you not see the irony in your comments?

And theres just enough room for them to roam around in the wild 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You misunderstood my point. 

Even though they are in captivity , they are usually docile in the daytime (in the wild) and thus they are also docile in captivity in the daytime . They arent suddenly going to become energetic just because they are in captivity

And if they were not locked up, they wouldn't be alive 

Seems you really do not understand or do not want to understand and continue to produce troll posts. In their natural enviroment, they are docile in daytime saving energy. Do you really think a tiger strapped down in chains, a long que of kids and laud people reminds them of their  natural environment? Would a human ever be used to such treatment? 

Ignorance at its best, and a proof why people manage to delet this world. Can not understand simple things, not because they cant understand simple things, it is because they do not want to understand, since it doesnt affect them personally except from giving them some amusement in the moment and strengthen their weird ego. 

• Like 2