Can tourists still pet tigers in Thailand, and where is closest to Bangkok?

cliveshep

47 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But I was having a discussion with a person who was specifically talking about the Tiger kingdom in Chiang Mai and the procedures there and there only 

You don't seem to have grasped the basics of this thread - the above was an example of animals abuse and why petting is such a deplorable concept.

most of your replies suggest you don't really have a take on this topic - just gainsaying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Tigers are not strapped down in chains  though , they are free to get up and walk around , not sure why you keep repeating those untruths .

Tigers are docile in the daytime to conserve energy , nothing to do with drugs .

There are two choices .

1 The tigers are kept in captivity 

2 . The Tigers would be dead .

Which option do you think is the better option ?

you keep repeating this logical fallacy as if it has any relevence to the discussion. Why bother?

1 hour ago, Wagga said:

Well, considering you were commenting on sedated tigers in tiger petting zoo's, why include a video of complexly the opposite thing with a drive through tiger park where they are not sedated or malnourished.  Pretty easy to 'miss a rudimentary and obvious point' when the video leads you in the opposite direction to the conversion.

And.....nice job of completely missing the point of sarcasm intended by my post. It was a joke post sunshine, so get of your high horse.     

Literally spelled it out 4 ya and u still missed it. However...do agree with your posts being jokes. 555 ☀️

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

????  ????

????????????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

You don't seem to have grasped the basics of this thread - the above was an example of animals abuse and why petting is such a deplorable concept.

most of your replies suggest you don't really have a take on this topic - just gainsaying.

Why is petting animals wrong ?

Should people stop petting cats and dogs ?

Should monkeys stop petting each other ?

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do believe the Tiger kingdom in Chiang mai has a large field where the tigers can live when they retire .

Tigers are territorial . Adult tigers will fight.  The Tiger Kingdom acknowledges that they have to be kept in isolation .

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why is petting animals wrong ?

Should people stop petting cats and dogs ?

Should monkeys stop petting each other ?

The issue the life span of a petting tiger cub is 6 months. After this age the cub is still immature and playfull but is now to strong to allow human contact. 

6 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The issue the life span of a petting tiger cub is 6 months. After this age the cub is still immature and playfull but is now to strong to allow human contact. 

All the Tigers can be petted , from cubs to adults , there is no "petting lifespan" , from newborns to nearly retired , all ages can be stroked

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

All the Tigers can be petted , from cubs to adults , there is no "petting lifespan" , from newborns to nearly retired , all ages can be stroked

Come on this is rubbish.

A tiger cub at 6 months is still somewhat immature but will weigh up to 100lbs.

Now consider an immature playfull cat weighing  100lb  just waving its paws around while some one is attempting to pet or stroke the animal.

Even the notorious Kanchanburi temple did not allow human contact after 6.months. 

2 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Come on this is rubbish.

Now consider an immature playfull cat weighing  100lb  just waving its paws around while some one is attempting to pet or stroke the animal.

Even the notorious Kanchanburi temple did not allow human contact after 6.months. 

I am writing "Rubbish" ?

Here is a fully grown Tiger at Tiger Kingdom being stroked .

Amazed that you are commenting whilst not even knowing the basics and also saying other people are talking "rubbish"

TIGER KINGDOM - THE TRUTH ABOUT DRUG USE AND ABUSE

Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai half day private tour

Backpacking in Thailand (Part 4): Chiang Mai Tiger Kingdom | Eliel and Yza

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am writing "Rubbish" ?

Here is a fully grown Tiger at Tiger Kingdom being stroked .

Amazed that you are commenting whilst not even knowing the basics and also saying other people are talking "rubbish"

TIGER KINGDOM - THE TRUTH ABOUT DRUG USE AND ABUSE

Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai half day private tour

Backpacking in Thailand (Part 4): Chiang Mai Tiger Kingdom | Eliel and Yza

Here is video ,  only watched the first few minutes

the animal is obviously sedated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Here is video ,  only watched the first few minutes

the animal is obviously sedated.

It isn't sedated , tigers are docile in the daytime and don't move around much . They are similar to cats , they spend alot of time chilling out and sleeping 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It isn't sedated , tigers are docile in the daytime and don't move around much . They are similar to cats , they spend alot of time chilling out and sleeping 

I'm sorry, this seems impossible.

They are simply not domesticated.  period.  doesn't have to do with sunshine.

if born in captivity, they might be slightly less harmful to humans, but they are not considered inactive during the day.  lol  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Pim from the Tiger Kingdom gave an interview to the Phuket news where he stated , I will paraphrase

When a tiger reaches 2 to 3 years of age they get territorial and fight .

At Tiger Kingdom once a tiger reaches maturity it is isolated and either goes to a breeding program  or put in a cage 24 hours a day for the rest of its life.

55 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Come on this is rubbish.

7 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Pim from the Tiger Kingdom gave an interview to the Phuket news where he stated , I will paraphrase

When a tiger reaches 2 to 3 years of age they get territorial and fight .

At Tiger Kingdom once a tiger reaches maturity it is isolated and either goes to a breeding program  or put in a cage 24 hours a day for the rest of its life.

So you initially said it was only up to tigers being six months old that they can be stroked and cannot be stroked after six months old. 

I then posted some fully grown  tigers of at least three years of age being stroked and then you changed the six month old stroking limit to a three year old stroking limit ?

I think that its the aggressive horny  males who get separated from the females

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So you initially said it was only up to tigers being six months old that they can be stroked and cannot be stroked after six months old. 

I then posted some fully grown  tigers of at least three years of age being stroked and then you changed the six month old stroking limit to a three year old stroking limit ?

No i did not .

After 6 months the tiger cubs are to big and dangerous to pet.

In the US the law limits cub petting up to 12 weeks only.

As I mentioned The Tiger Kingdom themselves in an interview stated mature tigers are isolated and not allowed human contact being confined in a cage 24 hours a day for the rest of the animals life.

The animals in the video in  my opinion show symptoms of sedation. The tigers are mauled touched by various humans and the tigers remain listless. At one point the handler lifts a tigers cheek to display the teeth. The animal does not open its eyes.

In another shot a tiger cannot even walk and needs to be pushed by the handler.

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

No i did not .

After 6 months the tiger cubs are to big and dangerous to pet.

In the US the law limits cub petting up to 12 weeks only.

As I mentioned The Tiger Kingdom themselves in an interview stated mature tigers are isolated and not allowed human contact being confined in a cage 24 hours a day for the rest of the animals life.

The animals in the video in  my opinion show symptoms of sedation. The tigers are mauled touched by various humans and the tigers remain listless. At one point the handler lifts a tigers cheek to display the teeth. The animal does not open its eyes.

In another shot a tiger cannot even walk and needs to be pushed by the handler.

Rather contradictory  there .

You are saying that the tigers are drugged and there fore harmless and  can be stroked and you are also saying that the tigers are so dangerous , they need to be kept in solitary confined cages .

Make you mind up, what is it ?

If as you think, that the tiger are drugged , why wouldn't they drug the older tigers and let them out their ages ?

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Female tigers controll a territory of 10 to 20 sq Km.

Male tigers controll 50 sq km.

When a tiger detects the presence of another female or male they will start flamming

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Rather contradictory  there .

You are saying that the tigers are drugged and there fore harmless and  can be stroked and you are also saying that the tigers are so dangerous , they need to be kept in solitary confined cages .

Make you mind up, what is it ?

If as you think, that the tiger are drugged , why wouldn't they drug the older tigers and let them out their ages ?

Yes i am stating that in order to stroke an older tiger it needs to be drugged. To protect both the human and the tiger coming into contact with another tiger.

2 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Yes i am stating that in order to stroke an older tiger it needs to be drugged. To protect both the human and the tiger coming into contact with another tiger.

That is just what you think, its not based on any facts or evidence .

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is just what you think, its not based on any facts or evidence .

The evidence comes from the Tiger Kingdom intetview. When the tiger is mature they will fight. A docile animal does not fight.

The tigers have to be isolated and either placed in a cage for rest of its life or enters a breeding program.

The Tiger Kingdom is breeding tigers for captivity and entertainment and by removing the cub stressing both the cub and mother .

The mother only ever bonds with her cubs.

5 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The evidence comes from the Tiger Kingdom intetview. When the tiger is mature they will fight. A docile animal does not fight.

The tigers have to be isolated and either placed in a cage for rest of its life or enters a breeding program.

The Tiger Kingdom is breeding tigers for captivity and entertainment and by removing the cub stressing both the cub and mother .

The mother only ever bonds with her cubs.

What do you suggest they do with the tigers that are prone to fighting other tiger ?

Apart from keeping them apart in sperate cages , what else can be done ?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What do you suggest they do with the tigers that are prone to fighting other tiger ?

Apart from keeping them apart in sperate cages , what else can be done ?

Stop breeding more Tigers? 

What is the solution to street dogs?

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Stop breeding more Tigers? 

What is the solution to street dogs?

So when the are tiger cubs in the wild who have been abandoned by their mother and will die soon, just let the tiger cubs die in the wild and don't rescue them . 

Some people do have feeling's for baby animals and want to help it survive 

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So when the are tiger cubs in the wild who have been abandoned by their mother and will die soon, just let the tiger cubs die in the wild and don't rescue them . 

It is more fun to watch a Monthly Python sketch, than be in one!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The mothers do not abandon cubs? Sure some cubs die.

The Tiger Kingdom do not rescue cubs from the wild, they are breeding tigers in captivity that cannot be released into the natural habitat. Thus the Tiger Kingdom is not achieving anything positive for the tiger wild population.

Edited by cleopatra2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The mothers do not abandon cubs? Sure some cubs die.

The Tiger Kingdom do not rescue cubs from the wild, they are breeding tigers in captivity that cannot be released into the natural habitat. Thus the Tiger Kingdom is not achieving anything positive for the tiger wild population.

I have answered that on the previous page 

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have answered that on the previous page 

You would prefer the tigers born into captivity, poor health and servitude rather than re-populate the wild, where natural selection would keep the tigers strong.

11 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

You would prefer the tigers born into captivity, poor health and servitude rather than re-populate the wild, where natural selection would keep the tigers strong.

Would I ?

I didn't know that . 

Thanks for telling me what I think, as I would never have known that 

• Sad 1