Is it worth getting a second COVID-19 booster?

webfact

6 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Who calls it that? And it's not mandatory. Most countries globally are relaxing their rules, very few such as China, are not. Those who lived fearing Covid was a gateway to a new world order have been proven wrong. Life is, albeit slowly, returning to normal, as most intelligent people knew it would.

It would have been a lot faster if people didn't listen to politically motivated misinformation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Who calls it that? And it's not mandatory. Most countries globally are relaxing their rules, very few such as China, are not. Those who lived fearing Covid was a gateway to a new world order have been proven wrong. Life is, albeit slowly, returning to normal, as most intelligent people knew it would.

The world order does seem to be changing but that was happening anyway. Covid has made it more difficult to fight against it due to economic circumstances so it may be changing more quickly. 

The idea that Covid has been orchestrated across the globe by China, USA and other Western countries amongst many others to change the world order doesn't seem very likely so I think I'd agree with you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, arick said:

No it's not worth it.  Better to catch corvid.  Denmark has suspended further vaccines. 

This is totally misleading. They have suspended further invitations to vaccines because of the high level of vaccinations and, as a result, the virus is under control. They are still recommending vaccines

Officials are set to stop sending out invitations for vaccinations as of May 15. But the health authority said it continues to recommend vaccination against COVID, particularly to those who are at greater risk of serious disease. Those at the greatest risk are eligible for a fourth vaccine dose in Denmark.

https://fortune.com/2022/04/28/denmark-suspends-vaccination-program/.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This is totally misleading. They have suspended further invitations to vaccines because of the high level of vaccinations and, as a result, the virus is under control. They are still recommending vaccines

Officials are set to stop sending out invitations for vaccinations as of May 15. But the health authority said it continues to recommend vaccination against COVID, particularly to those who are at greater risk of serious disease. Those at the greatest risk are eligible for a fourth vaccine dose in Denmark.

https://fortune.com/2022/04/28/denmark-suspends-vaccination-program/.

I am so happy your caught up to a country of 5.2 million. Bottom line is natural immuntity is better then another vaccine. Why has Denmark stopped all corvid restriction in Feb of this year? When there is no stopping the spread. High level of vaccinated people in Denmark is No! They are around 74%

2 minutes ago, arick said:

I am so happy your caught up to a country of 5.2 million. Bottom line is natural immuntity is better then another vaccine. Why has Denmark stopped all corvid restriction in Feb of this year? When there is no stopping the spread. High level of vaccinated people in Denmark is No! They are around 74%

Do you read any links? Denmark has not stopped vaccinations. Nor have you provided any evidence that natural immunity is better. Those who didn't survive covid and enjoy the benefits of natural immunity would argue against you if they could.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, nexus99 said:

This is the most stupid post ever. Of course its worth it. We get annual flu shots too. The anti-vaxxers are probably going nuts over this trash.

I got my 4 jabs / 2 Az and 2 Pfizer / no waiting lines during afternoon hours at Bang Sue Station and it was each time free of charge

• Like 1

Flew to Chiang Mai end of Feb and ThaiSmile was still checking for proof of vax. Reports at that time were that other domestic airlines were not. Just now checked in for flight to CM on ThaiSmile and was not asked for proof of vax. ????

17 minutes ago, paulikens said:

the paranoid thais would get one every week if they could.  covid lunatics 

Perhaps they noticed the 1.4 million dead people in Asia alone. A 1% probability of death among the total population is not insignificant and we're far from done yet.

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Perhaps they noticed the 1.4 million dead people in Asia alone. A 1% probability of death among the total population is not insignificant and we're far from done yet.

So, its a booster every four months to stay alive ?

10 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

What about the 5th or 6th booster

You can plan on getting boosted at least once a year for the rest of your life. Covid and new variants are here to stay. Get over it, count your blessings, and spare us the inappropriate sarcasm.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I know that, Does it make my statement invalid? I heard Omicron referred to as 'the Covid vaccine we failed to make'......

...all depends on the individuals' immune system. Omicron variant is more infectious than Delta. Most westernized countries are still only 60% vaccinated, therefore the chances of you catching Omicron and its sub-variants are rather high, particularly if you are not vaccinated. Normally, If you had just two shots, that should suffice, but seeing as there are so many anti-vaxxes out there, plus the poor response, due to a whole range of factors from demographics, distribution, cultural beliefs, cost etc. this is urging the ones who have had their first two shots to keep having boosters each 4 to 6 months until that 60% becomes 80%. It is here to stay. My reference is YouTube Podcast, 'This Week in Virology', comprising a panel of respected Virologists, Immunologist and Clinical Physician.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Aren't we now onto the fourth booster shot required and that would be a vaccine /booster shot every six months so far ?

4 shots so far doesn't by any stretch mean every 4 months. Furthermore, the fourth shot is only recommended for the elderly and vulnerable at present.

7 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

4th? Lol I haven’t had the 1st! Snake oil!

Be careful I’ve had the two shots and the booster, I’m also very fit, I got Covid a few weeks ago I thought I’d overtrained in the gym, muscle aches and headache for a couple of days so I tested myself had it so self quarantined tested two more times every two days got rid of it 6th day, but I definitely wouldn’t like to of had it if I’d. it been vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cnx101 said:

Be careful I’ve had the two shots and the booster, I’m also very fit, I got Covid a few weeks ago I thought I’d overtrained in the gym, muscle aches and headache for a couple of days so I tested myself had it so self quarantined tested two more times every two days got rid of it 6th day, but I definitely wouldn’t like to of had it if I’d. it been vaccinated.

Little mistake at the end, “if I’d not been vaccinated “

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

4 shots so far doesn't by any stretch mean every 4 months. Furthermore, the fourth shot is only recommended for the elderly and vulnerable at present.

Yes, just a quick bit of maths in my head . 

When did people begin to get vaccinated 

2021 ?

A jab every four months would be 16 months later  in total , which would be about now (May 2022)

• Like 1

I wrote: I just got my 4th COVID-19 vaccine shot.

4 hours ago, hughrection said:

Probably wanna change your user name on here then. ????

No thanks, "Bill Smart" is just fine for me. I've had it for 76 years, and the vaccines will help that name remain on AseanNow for a long time to come. ????

I think my name is a lot better than some juvenile nicknames, like "hughrection." ???? And, unless you start taking this COVID-19 pandemic more seriously and do whatever you can to protect yourself and those around you, you might find that you'll become limp and useless, like your namesake probably often does. ????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, just a quick bit of maths in my head . 

When did people begin to get vaccinated 

2021 ?

A jab every four months would be 16 months later  in total , which would be about now (May 2022)

where is the evidence that you will need any further shots at all?

• Confused 1