TM47 electronic password-change? 90dayreport

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you would have select forgot password on the login page of the site to change it.

image.png.fdd4bca7adc67bebeadb5b44b0494cbd.png

It's the only way. There is no 'change my details' option once you have logged in as previously discussed regarding ones email address.

Unfortunately you don't get to choose your new password. You just have to accept what they send you by email.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

It's the only way. There is no 'change my details' option once you have logged in as previously discussed regarding ones email address.

Unfortunately you don't get to choose your new password. You just have to accept what they send you by email.

Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

So basically you end up exchanging one set of hieroglyphs for another!

1 minute ago, OJAS said:
4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

So basically you end up exchanging one set of hieroglyphs for another!

Yes, that's exactly what happens. You might as well keep the one you have and use a 'password manager' instead.

I use Avira and I never have to remember or write passwords except when I log on to my bank accounts.

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Yes, but when I try dozens of times, to log in with their password.. It always tells me password or email is incorrect. 

I gave up and went to immigration, in person.. 

6 hours ago, treetops said:

No.  Unless it's changed you get sent a link which allows you to create your own password.

Which is how it is with most places you want to change password for.

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
6 hours ago, treetops said:

No.  Unless it's changed you get sent a link which allows you to create your own password.

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Which is how it is with most places you want to change password for.

Well well well! Yes you're right @treetops it has changed! When I tried it way back when, they just sent me a new gobbledogook one.

@LudwigK are reading this? Treetops has smashed it for you. Just choose 'forgot my password'. 

Just changed my password less than an hour ago.

Clicked "forgotten password",

received email to click on a link,

entered new password and confirmed password,

logged into 90 day report with new password.

New password shorter and easy for me to remember!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

My first impulse as to change the one they assigned me when I registered.

After a few seconds of reconsideration I was sure that it is a recipe for disaster.

Such simple mechanisms , trivial in other countries, are delicate and fragile here. I feel lucky that it has worked twice for me.

Don't do it. You're just asking for pain.

11 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

My first impulse as to change the one they assigned me when I registered.

After a few seconds of reconsideration I was sure that it is a recipe for disaster.

Such simple mechanisms , trivial in other countries, are delicate and fragile here. I feel lucky that it has worked twice for me.

Don't do it. You're just asking for pain.

That was my fear too, but I've just now done it successfully as has @Ginkas (see above) and I've logged in a few times, just to be sure. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, murraynz said:

Yes, but when I try dozens of times, to log in with their password.. It always tells me password or email is incorrect. 

I gave up and went to immigration, in person.. 

Firefox!!! Is dreadful  for password problems! It's rejects your password even when it is correct - for some sites I just use chrome. I have to

• Thanks 2