Government Seeking Effective Measures To Reopen Night Entertainment Venues

snoop1130

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Open now drinking a beer with the GF in Soi 4 Nana tonight.

I don't think it's the bars per se they are worried about., more the gogos and nightclubs. That's how I read it anyhow 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because he’s a complete and utter tool who doesn’t think before opening his mouth and has no idea how ignorantly racist his comments come across - these clowns have no media training. 

There is also perhaps some ‘face saving’ involved as mask wearing is getting dropped in many other areas such as Europe (no longer necessary on flights). 

The message should really be a simple one: 

If you have symptoms, wear a mask.

If you live with someone who has symptoms, wear a mask. 

It's now time to deal with Covid in the same manner as the Japanese have dealt with colds for decades - be socially responsible, wear a mask if you feel you need to. 

The problem now of course is that anyone wearing a mask would be indicating they have symptoms and could be treated negatively. 

So, the only viable option is ’no masks’ and allow society to make its own rules. 

Personally, I don’t think wearing masks in built up busy area’s such as public transport / MRT etc is a bad thing...  but it is surely now a personal choice. 

The rumour problem (mask-wearers are suspects) is typical Western. Thais and East Asians are used to mask-wearing in public. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes, foreigners do seem to be more capable of thinking for themselves and speaking/acting out against ridiculous/illogical rules. I guess that comes with a decent education that encourages independent thought and doesn't only focus on subservience and acquiescence to some 'higher' power.

Which is probably why many of our home countries are pretty much back to normal while most of Thailand is still walking around wearing face nappies in the open air while nobody is within 100 metres of them and acting as though the Black Death is upon them.

I am not so sure about the "capable of thinking for themselves" bit

Going around Pattaya it is very clear that the majority of Thais are wearing the masks in public and taking them off either in private or in a closed setting

It is the foreigners that are walking around without masks trying to "flaunt" the fact that they don't want to wear one - but of course still have to put one on when they go into a shopping mall otherwise they are not let in.

So who are being the clever ones here? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

“ discuss ways to ensure that these night entertainment venues do not become Covid-19 clusters “

The whole country has been a Covid-19 cluster for at least the last few months. Time to move on and let people start making a living again.

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Why particularly foreigners?

Just go for a walk down soi Nana. Thais are wearing masks, but see how many farang are too good for the rules. It’s only the tourists refusing to wear them out on the street.