Government Seeking Effective Measures To Reopen Night Entertainment Venues

snoop1130

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Because they seem to be particularly problematic on this issue. That was clear all through the pandemic and they were unable to comply, or comply properly. 

Hmm…that may be true with some (a particular type of retiree I’m thinking of here) but the majority seem to have followed the rules. 

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because he’s a complete and utter tool who doesn’t think before opening his mouth and has no idea how ignorantly racist his comments come across - these clowns have no media training. 

There is also perhaps some ‘face saving’ involved as mask wearing is getting dropped in many other areas such as Europe (no longer necessary on flights). 

The message should really be a simple one: 

If you have symptoms, wear a mask.

If you live with someone who has symptoms, wear a mask. 

It's now time to deal with Covid in the same manner as the Japanese have dealt with colds for decades - be socially responsible, wear a mask if you feel you need to. 

The problem now of course is that anyone wearing a mask would be indicating they have symptoms and could be treated negatively. 

So, the only viable option is ’no masks’ and allow society to make its own rules. 

Personally, I don’t think wearing masks in built up busy area’s such as public transport / MRT etc is a bad thing...  but it is surely now a personal choice. 

Well, it should be a choice. But, the authorities are going to attempt to insist we all continue to wear them, and it will require a significant amount of civil disobedience, in the face of staggering ignorance and fear mongering, to get the people to stop using them, and to get the goons to stop pushing them onto us. At some point we all just have to respond with a resounding NO THANKS!

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, it should be a choice. But, the authorities are going to attempt to insist we all continue to wear them, and it will require a significant amount of civil disobedience, in the face of staggering ignorance and fear mongering, to get the people to stop using them, and to get the goons to stop pushing them onto us. At some point we all just have to respond with a resounding NO THANKS!

In the office I work we get regular ATK tests as company policy. So we all go down to the car park, get the nose violated by the Hazmat guy, test negative and then immediately go back to the office and put the masks back on. We've literally tested negative minutes ago, but dirty looks all round if one of us dares to remove the mask for 5 minutes ????.

The masks are staying. Burned into the Thai psyche unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Airalee said:

One would think that a moo-kata/shabu type restaurant with hundreds of maskless Thais sitting shoulder to shoulder would be a bigger concern.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

That's different, Thais are known to be squeaky clean, super hygienic and un-able to speard infections.

Only foreigners can do this.

What is more, if you start interfering with mukkata and shabu you will uset an awful lot of people.

If you interfere with the whiteys you will at least please the xenophobic fascists, who, whilst not perhaps very numerous are often influential.

14 minutes ago, Marley01 said:

Just go for a walk down soi Nana. Thais are wearing masks, but see how many farang are too good for the rules. It’s only the tourists refusing to wear them out on the street.

Really? I’ll take your word for it as don’t tend to visit soi nana. . Cheers. 

Edited by Bluespunk

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Who are they fooling? Everyone know what is going on in clubs even the BIB as time goes on the rules are being broken already with the nonsense your got to be a restaurant plus the application is inconsistent Thai locals are partying drink all night loud music able to buy liquor as if the pandemic has already ended,  cluster!  

In spite of all the violations the rate is dropping? 

ur rigth.They sell boose until early morning on soi sukumvit.Full of tables everywhere.

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

On the Darkside of Pattaya with locals they don't even try to hide it,  Just the other night in a Thai club I'm having a buckets of wings sharing with other Thai cops my neighbors and it was finger licking good!  Who the hell are they fooling!

Themselves.

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

knowing full well guys like me are inside swapping spit and licking human chicken wings! 

And in most places in America you're now brought up on charges for just looking at them the wrong way. Thailand can't open soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Marley01 said:

Just go for a walk down soi Nana. Thais are wearing masks, but see how many farang are too good for the rules. It’s only the tourists refusing to wear them out on the street.

Yes, and I'm one of them, although not exactly a tourist. These Chuckle Brothers, the unelected PM and his "health" minister can stuff their rules.

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

"these clowns have no media training." and also no political training either, and here they are trying to run the country. :cheesy: :cheesy: 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I don't think it's the bars per se they are worried about., more the gogos and nightclubs. That's how I read it anyhow 

They all are already open in Pattaya and have been for weeks. Normal even topless dancing. Now opening until about 2am

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simola said:

Meanwhile the rest of the world bars, restaurants , clubs etc are open without any restrictions. It’s absolute BS. 

Same in Pattaya all open no restrictions, only no very late closing.

• Like 1

Ha ha foreigners are the issue with reopening yet 3 months ago the most gracious Anutin said there was no law to make people wear masks foreign or not.

Slightly off topic but not much, if ever Anutin becomes PM it will be parachute packing time for sure.

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Why particularly foreigners?

Because foreigners are coming from countries where the governments have realised the futility of masking and have removed mask mandates, so foreigners are not in the habit of carrying/wearing them.

6 hours ago, SatEng said:

I am not so sure about the "capable of thinking for themselves" bit

Going around Pattaya it is very clear that the majority of Thais are wearing the masks in public and taking them off either in private or in a closed setting

It is the foreigners that are walking around without masks trying to "flaunt" the fact that they don't want to wear one - but of course still have to put one on when they go into a shopping mall otherwise they are not let in.

So who are being the clever ones here? 

Yeah, but the foreigners don't want to go home suntanned on only the top half of their head after 2 weeks! ???? ???? 

6 minutes ago, Flink said:

Because foreigners are coming from countries where the governments have realised the futility of masking and have removed mask mandates, so foreigners are not in the habit of carrying/wearing them.

Cannot agree that mask wearing is futile. 

• Like 1

Open everything. No restrictions. Problem solved. People might catch covid, people might catch a cold and of course if your not careful you might catch something else. Oddly enough all viruses.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Hmm…that may be true with some (a particular type of retiree I’m thinking of here) but the majority seem to have followed the rules. 

Not my experience of what I saw around the Malls. Some did of course, but if any didn't, or had the mask down around the chin, invariably farang.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Flink said:

And countries with way higher per capita Covid deaths!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not my experience of what I saw around the Malls. Some did of course, but if any didn't, or had the mask down around the chin, invariably farang.

People I know consistently mask up as and when required or mandated. 

21 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Why particularly foreigners?

Duh!?   Because foreigners are first and foremost brazenly not wearing masks now, apparent to anyone walking down and around Sukhumvit.  And the ones surely, if given an inch, to take a mile