Just sat down to fill in forms for Non Immigrant Visa O - sigh. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.  Slightly overwhelmed.

We've had an OA for a few years but left in January and were advised to let it lapse as one of us is just over 75 to avoid heavy medical cover costs particularly as we are already covered.   Plan was to return on an O visa and convert to a retirement visa in Thailand which seemed fine?  We have the necessary funds in Thai bank account.

So sat down to to the online application with confidence and now aaargh.  Please any input on one or all of the following would be helpful.  All are about supporting documentation.  Or alternative plan?

1.  Q4 - what constitutes proof of country of residence (if there is a website which explains this a link is great).

2. Q6 - we have gold standard BUPA worldwide but seemingly we still need a Thai policy for massively smaller cover.  Any suggestions for an easy fix for an over 75 (I can do the AXA one as under).

3.  Q8 - "Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency." - is this the same as Q4 or something else?

Kob Khun Ka in anticipation.

Marj

I just completed a 90 Non O  E-Visa online, now waiting approval. Yes I had 2 questions regarding resident proof where you are applying. I used my Drivers License and on the other resident question used  my local Bank statement with address or vehicle insurance with address would work. I had to resend a photo of myself holding my passport and resend the declaration form. Regarding health Insurance, 90 day coverage should work, I had existing Thai health coverage though.... I struggled through it uploading correct file format all jpeg or png, I think one question out of the 7-8 allowed pdf. You could arrive exempt possibly or tourist visa if cannot get through the online E-Visa Non O.... I left as well on an O-A extension without a reentry permit....

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Thanks 1

Just received my 90 day E-Visa Non O from local Embassy by email, ( about a 48 hour wait ) printed off the Visa attachment with all the information on it and a small barcode bottom corner.  I wonder on arrival in Bangkok next month when I hand over the Non O Visa on paper, will the IO stamp a 'Non O' based on retirement with the 90 days in my passport ? Better keep the paper for extension time anyway.

57 minutes ago, Marjf said:

Did you need Thai insurance?  I gave up my OA because of this requirement and O didn't need it but now the website is asking for it.  Very puzzled.

Yes Insurance was needed, I guess its what they do for Non O ABROAD applications online, I was puzzled as well. They sent me a link from the Embassy for Non O 'based on retirement' prior to applying. Its a little confusing states "health insurance cover for whole period of stay in Thailand ( one year )" including covid, but the Visa is a 90 day stay and of course can make yearly extensions from it. I never asked if 90 day coverage would be excepted.