Face masks to be still needed in Thailand even after the emergency said Minster Anutin this week

webfact

15 minutes ago, DezLez said:

What a stupid comment to make regarding the mask/epidemic/pandemic discussion!

I suppose you want the surgeons etc. to wear the same dispossable masks that we are mandated to wear because of the epidemic and not proper surgical masks?

You are getting over-excited. 

The masks I use here, and carry, are called 'surgical masks'....they are the same ones worn around the hospitals here, and the same the doctor put on when he performed a small operation. 

I would feel happier if people in close proximity to me in indoor situations wore exactly those masks.... 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Personally with pollution still an un-solved issue I don't have a problem with this.

Just drop the rest of the BS and I can live with wearing a mask.

I bought quite a supply of these pollution masks just before Covid.... the ones with the valves in them.... and along comes Covid, they are not suitable of course, so I still have plenty as I bought surgical ones. I have been using the motorcycle much less lately too .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

We could do worse, we can be like in China now where whole cities, tens of millions of people, are under tight quarantines locked up in their apartments...

They did that to increase birth rates.

31 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Would gladly get in that lift on the chance I might catch covid.

A 7 day covid holiday would be awesome and give me some much needed time at home to work on some projects.

That 7 day COVID holiday could turn into  3 - 6 months of fatigue, mental confusion and rehabilitation. According to Australian data, there is a 10-20% chance of that happening.

Do you feel lucky?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Which means, logically, that you would choose to wear a mask forever whenever near any other person, since it is impossible to tell, from sight alone, whether any person has covid. Your choice, of course, but, as things stand right now, I would take my chances. Triple vaccinated, had Covid, I'll give masks a miss, especially outdoors. 

Perhaps we could all wear neon signs on our heads saying "triple vaccinated, had COVID."

I wear a mask out of courtesy to others, and to avoid fines. I doubt I am a risk to others, or they are to me.

I don't wear one on the golf course, <deleted> the average golf course is 150 acres.

I do wonder how bike riders get enough oxygen, exercising while wearing a mask does not seem sensible to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

More than 90% of the staff here at my work have had it with little to no symptoms.

Am happy to roll that dice.

The Ancient Greeks never tired of reminding us hubris is always followed by nemesis.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I bought quite a supply of these pollution masks just before Covid.... the ones with the valves in them.... and along comes Covid, they are not suitable of course, so I still have plenty as I bought surgical ones. I have been using the motorcycle much less lately too .

Same, I have a good stock [pre-Covid] of N95 masks..

I will still be wearing them to keep the pollution out of my lungs.

Respiratory illness was a large problem long before Covid came along, yet it served to help many pass away when they became infected.

Covid is virtually over.. but pollution remains as it did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Which means, logically, that you would choose to wear a mask forever whenever near any other person, since it is impossible to tell, from sight alone, whether any person has covid. Your choice, of course, but, as things stand right now, I would take my chances. Triple vaccinated, had Covid, I'll give masks a miss, especially outdoors. 

Read my post again for clarification and the post I was replying to without your own assumptions on what I will do in the future

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well if I was aware I was getting in a lift with a bunch of covid infected people I would wear a good mask. Feel free to try the same experiment without one

I might wait for the next one........

• Like 1

Really it's time to move on, as most here are against wearing masks. I think they do help as I have been next to people with my mask on talking to them for some time and I haven't got covid yet. It pays to have a n95 mask that may be harder for some to breathe but they do work The cheap easy to breathe mask may be the problem why people still get covid with the masks on?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Molly Malone said:

THEY DO NOT STOP COVID/OMICRON INFECTION!

No, nothing does, but it reduces risk levels. People are not saying it does.... no need to shout and rave. I don't suppose you can ride your bike in the 7-11. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1