Face masks to be still needed in Thailand even after the emergency said Minster Anutin this week

webfact

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I met my Wife for lunch to day. I parked up (motorcycle) 2 meters from the door to the restaurant. 

My Wife was sat 3 meters inside. 

The idea of getting off my motorcycle, putting on a mask, just too take off the mask 5 meters later and drink the water that was at the table felt utterly preposterous....  I didn’t wear the mask of course.... so I’m now one of these bad foreigners Anutin hates. 

I’m not against mask wearing in busy areas such as BTS etc... but sometimes it seems to me as though the world has lost any logic and gone mad. 

The worst part of all of this in Thailand is the about turn that government officials keep making regarding face-masks.

Feb 2022: MOPH Confirms No Legal Obligations For People To Wear Face Masks

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220203155951127

Should have been wearing mask on MC, TIT.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rabang said:

Asians truly love their masks, the compliance of use is incomparable with other parts of the world. Meanwhile the EU is removing the mask mandate at airports and in planes meaning that travel to Thailand or other oriental destinations is going to bear one more disadvantage. I have just travelled in a few European countries this month and about 99% of people have been maskless even in planes.

All Asians think the same, eh?

How insanely racist

• Confused 5
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mnomad said:

I noticed this week a few more foreigners maskless in central Bangkok so things are looking up. I like to think that small nudges like this might encourage the Thais to participate in critical thinking rather than blind compliance, although I'm probably being optimistic here.

Middle class perfectly healthy Thais still look at you in utter disbelief when they see a foreigner maskless on Sukhumvit as they go about their day double masked and alcohol spraying every few minutes.

Yes that is also true around Pattaya, and on the streets, farangs are often not bothering now. But I dislike this superior, the 'farangs are always right, the locals wrong' approach.  Thailand managed to keep the number of deaths quite low somehow. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Before COVID, have you ever looked at people around you fearing they're sick and infectious?

Well yes..... often.

Lay there on the massage table and the girl has a few coughs and sneezes, I often think, 'damn, I am going to get sick'......

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Your post reflects exactly the main problem with this "pandemic". How could you be aware that those people are indeed infected? Before COVID, have you ever looked at people around you fearing they're sick and infectious?

I stopped looking at COVID daily statistics long ago, but even at the beginning of the panic over 2 years ago the overall % of "infected" people never reached 5%, yet governments around the world looked at 100% of the population as disease carriers. They pumped fear with help of the media and got most of the people to believe the same.

In Sweden there were no COVID restrictions, no mandatory masking or social distancing, no curfews or lockdowns and currently their COVID related deaths stands at about 50% of other European countries and 25% of East European countries. 

Have you ever heard of a hypothetical scenario?

Ok let me dumb it down a bit for you. If I had no choice but to enter a covid hospital ward full of patients coughing and sneezing then I would do so with a good mask on for a level of protection, what that level is? But any tool to help.

• Haha 1