PM Prayut arrives in US for 2nd ASEAN-US Special Summit

webfact

“Hey Cha Cha, love that dance you Latinos do.”

“I’m not Latino you fool, I’m Thai!” 
“Oh yea forgot, Xi is after your little Island.”

“<deleted> is the matter with you, it’s Thailand not Taiwan.”

”Got it Cha Cha, did the dirty in that Ping Pong place once and she clapped when I finished!”

“I hope she gave you the clap you moron????????

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, georgey said:
6 hours ago, webfact said:

Climate change, clean energy, the supply chain, digital economy, and human capital development are among the topics to be discussed.

Ukraine?

This is how Dumb Prayout is, he recently said I'm too busy to worry about that conflict as he needs to concentrate on the Thai Economy. clueless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Shortly after arriving, he was greeted by Thais who are living in the US and received their support for Thailand’s full reopening."

Since when? Have I missed something? Are all the night entertainment venues or bars open? (Legally!)

• Like 1

Well, the fruits of his service to the country might have even rewarded him with a maiden flight on one of the three B777's as recently delivered to Thai Airways; despite having B747 and B737 distributed all over the Land, parked for (non-operative) restaurants and other funny things. 

Well, if you want to shop till you drop then you have to clear the shelves back home first to make space for the new goodies and toys. 

7 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The look on Mr Biden's face in the OP photograph is just perfect for a caption competition!

"You want HOW many submarines? And like the vaccines we gave you - for free?"

5 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well despite all the usual expected ridicule, maybe some good will come out of these meetings for Thailand and the other ASEAN countries.

wishful thinking, dream on 555

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Shortly after arriving, he was greeted by Thais who are living in the US and received their support for Thailand’s full reopening."

Since when? Have I missed something? Are all the night entertainment venues or bars open? (Legally!)

P.S. And the other "Top Story" running side by side with this one:-

"BANGKOK (NNT) - Changes to the current Thailand Pass requirement for international travelers will be revisited at the full panel meeting of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on 20 May."

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I wonder what Biden is actually thinking? Do I really have to meet with this spectacularly irrelevant man?

555. I was a lunch years ago at the Bank of Thailand for Queen Elizabeth and Prionce Philip when Banharn was PM.  Banharn was a diminuitive little man who had only completed a Por. 4 education in person and could hardly spead a word of English but had a master's degree in politics from Ramkhamhaeng earned with a dissertation that quoted liberally from English and even French sources. The Queen and Banharn sat with a Foreign Ministry interpreter seated behind them. I was at the next table and observed that while Philip talked in English with animation to the person next to him through the whole lunch, the Queen hardly said a word to Banharn after the initial pleasanteries and obviously couldn't think of anything to say either. I am sure the Queen was thinking, "What a bore having to sit next to this dreary little man" and longing for the lunch to end, while Philip was enjoying every minute of it.  Unfortunately I was seated next to Samak's (the former PM of cooking show fame) and she wasn't much more scintillating than Banharn.

Pity that episode didn't get into the Crown.  Would have been great for Thai-British relations.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The look on Mr Biden's face in the OP photograph is just perfect for a caption competition!

They're probably both thinking, "I wonder if he likes to sniff young girls while they tug on his leg hairs."

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well despite all the usual expected ridicule, maybe some good will come out of these meetings for Thailand and the other ASEAN countries.

Yes, one hopes and why not.  My bet would be Biden is also sizing this man up for being non-commital on Ukraine invaded by Russia. PM  Prayut can likely expect an earful from President Biden on that topic.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I wonder what Biden is actually thinking? Do I really have to meet with this spectacularly irrelevant man?

"The U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is one of the largest in the world and is comprised of several dozen sections and agencies. The mission of the United States Embassy is to advance the interests of the United States, and to serve and protect U.S. citizens in Thailand."

https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/bangkok

That from the US Embassy website and, that Thailand has a strategic position as the closest the US can get to large parts of China without being in a Communist country, makes the PM of Thailand -- regardless of who he is -- relevant.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Prayut has probably just said something incomprehensible to him in broken English and Biden has already forgotten who the hell he is.

biden is saying " have you brought us some baby formulae milk " my baby population has run out.!!!!!!!!