iPhone Battery Indicator

SplitInfinitive

I recently bought a second hand iPhone 11, the battery health was poor so I got a guy with a stall at the local mall to replace it.

I saw it was running down to about 10% in a couple of hours so decided to cut my losses and a find a genuine Apple dealer for another battery. 

A friend suggested I run the battery flat to see if it was giving a true reading, it ran down to 1% in about 3 hours and has been sitting there for about another 3 hours.

It's been active because I use the phone for reading.

So the battery's working, I'm just never going to know when it needs charging until it turns itself off. 

Any suggestions?

45 minutes ago, SplitInfinitive said:

So the battery's working, I'm just never going to know when it needs charging until it turns itself off. 

Any suggestions?

Use the battery widget 

291F8DCE-5AB0-4C41-846C-8168553C0323.thumb.png.ad8083b9940eab73c045feeebef21dfd.png

and look into the battery setting and battery healthC873F760-ACCB-43E8-A202-E7C12711DAD1.thumb.png.3100db25d18822c3bdb5f3b5c829d2d7.png

mine is a second gen SE so it has the percentage setting available.

in control centre the % is available.

Reboot your iPhone right before connecting it to a charger. This will cause the proper battery percentage level to be displayed. Connect your device to the charger and allow it to charge fully. Leave it plugged in for at least 3 hours

Edited by sometimewoodworker

With a non Apple battery installed your phone will also display a banner for 30 days (?) warning you about the non genuine battery, I know this because mine did… ????

But I don’t know how to correct your calibration/status issue, sometimeswoodworker’s suggestion is worth trying… or it may be as simple as a few charging cycles.

Thanks to all respondents here.

I know about the battery widget and the battery settings, it showed 1% on both the graph and the widget for quite a long time.

This is the graph from last night, I've used it for reading and other stuff for about another 4 hours and it continued on at 1% until it just shut down now.

I'll charge for about 3-4 hours as advised by woody. 

Thanks again. It's an interesting phenomenon. 

unnamed battery.jpg