Anyone have a small, reliable car for long-term rent?

simon43

Try the rental place at the end of Thepprasit road at the "T" junction with Thappraya Rd 

I have always got a good deal there, Good insurance and the cars are well maintained.

Despite what anybody says, you do need a International Permit to drive here and or convert your home country  driving Licence to a Thai Licence.

No Licence equals No insurance cover, therefore you pay the damages,  and money to the Police.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:23 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Manuals more reliable than automatics?

Not really, the torque converter type gearbox has been around for decades, and has been developed to nearly bullet-proof.

More expensive to replace, bu that's a different question.

20 hours ago, simon43 said:

I found an almost new car, 11k/month.  I have an international permit, UK licence and local licence ????

Whoever you use - Make sure the car has proper "rental insurance" ...

A lot of the cheaper rental deals are advertised with "Class 1 insurance" - but a standard a Class 1 policy EXCLUDES hire & reward (ie rental) - If you rent a car with this type of insurance and there is a serious crash, the policy could be voided and, as the driver,  you'll get roped into huge financial problems...

Ensure you look for a renter with proper cover - Then check their insurance documents - You are looking for a "120" clause, plus a note that the use is for "hire or rental purposes"..... Be very very careful ...

1A-Insurance-en.jpg