Is Thailand Pass Insurance a scam?

Wytchend

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, you did, you saw their money in your account and your bank statement would have shown you the money that the insurer sent you!   What more did they need to do, you expected a running email commentary on the entire claim process?

No I did not expect a "running commentary on the entire claim process"    but as their claim form clearly states   "  Once your claim is registered, You will be updated through sms or email."   I did expect some form of communication  does that appear to be unreasonable to you? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

No I did not expect a "running commentary on the entire claim process"    but as their claim form clearly states   "  Once your claim is registered, You will be updated through sms or email."   I did expect some form of communication  does that appear to be unreasonable to you? 

No, it doesn't but why did you not mention that in your earlier moan?  That would have shown your post in a completely different light.  Does that seem unreasonable to you?

45 minutes ago, internationalism said:

any insurance, domestic or international, was paying for hospitalisation. There were some issues with free insurance from Emirates.

As somebody mentioned below his axa for 9k policy did pay even for 7 nights hospitel some 17k. I am not sure about his statements, because quarantine was rather 10 days, much more expensive than 17k and not covered by any policy - looks like he was triple lucky.  

My 10 days hospitalisation was covered by dhippaya for a medical bill some 50k (even my policy cover was for 100k). They didn't want to cover cost of room, food, cleaning for the remaining 92k - I just run out from hospital with no any consequences. My health insurance has 300k deductible, so no use. Still waiting for 200k lump sum from south east insurance.

Yes, those cheap covid policies for 450-1100b were not enough for certificate of entry requirements. But they still were used to cover hospitalisation, as in my case.

For CoE and later for Travel Pass was Tune insurance for 15k per year (but it allowed only 1x entry). For multi entry was a proper health insurance from around 25k per year covering over $100k - that was the best deal, included accident.

For tourists there is travel insurance, around $50-100 per month, depending on age. From 15.2 there is a problem with hospitalisation, because the government changed rules, so no asymptomatic and hospitalisation only for 39.5C for over 24h or breathing rate over 25 per minute are required.

The only scammers, who benefited from those rules, were private hospitals. Partially also AQ and sandbox hotels, which were offering only very strict policies, charging additional fees etc.

The whole quarantine projects were superwised not by the ministry of health, internal or international affairs, but by (surprise) the ministry of defence. So it's this ministry which benefited from all abuse of rules. 

Affair with the ministry of defence became apparent around 11.2020, when thai repatriate posted online appalling conditions from the Ambassado Hotel in Na Jomtien. It was the spokesman from that ministry which threaten this citizen with defamation

just to put your mind at rest here is a copy of my quarantine bill

image.thumb.png.157351c8adfd35df6fe861af02204bff.png

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It seems there have been enough claims paid to cause insurers to suffer serious losses.

Sixteen Thai insurance companies suffering losses from cheap COVID-19 policies they began selling last year are crossing their fingers that the regulator will allow them to revoke the policies.

Ten are listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand, and they recently reported a combined 5.8 billion baht ($176 million) loss for the third quarter through September, according to their earnings reports.

Syn Mun Kong Insurance endured the biggest net loss, 3.7 billion baht, largely due to paying out 6.8 billion baht in claims, a jump of 339% from a year earlier. Of the total payout, 6 billion baht went to COVID claims.

"The reason for the rise in losses in the third quarter is the rise in COVID claims," Syn Mun Kong said in its earnings report.

Isn't Karma a wonderful thing?

On 5/15/2022 at 8:44 AM, Wytchend said:

I was watching a video on YT today asking is TP Insurance a scam?

In order to make an informed judgement, I have decided to ask a simple question.

In order to make an informed judgement you first need to ask an informed question.

TP insurance can be obtained from companies all around the world.

Insurance, like many other products, are usually a question of getting what you pay for. Those complaining probably never bothered to read the small print and every insurance company will avoid paying given the opportunity.

13 minutes ago, sandyf said:

In order to make an informed judgement you first need to ask an informed question.

TP insurance can be obtained from companies all around the world.

Insurance, like many other products, are usually a question of getting what you pay for. Those complaining probably never bothered to read the small print and every insurance company will avoid paying given the opportunity.

"Those complaining probably never bothered to read the small print and every insurance company will avoid paying given the opportunity."

Exactly! The small print says it all. Why is the print small in the first place? Because they are hoping you will not notice it.

• Like 2

The scam is the insurance only applies to being hospitalised. In January my wife tested positive at Phuket after arriving on an international flight. She was instructed to self isolate at our SHA+ hotel. I contacted the insurer and was told there was no cover for self isolation. So I bought a hotel room for her for 10 days. Two rooms were purchased by us for 10 days.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it doesn't but why did you not mention that in your earlier moan?  That would have shown your post in a completely different light.  Does that seem unreasonable to you?

"My earlier moan"?? I wasn't moaning, why would  I moan? I made a claim, and, contrary to my expectations, I got paid out, happy days. That was the fundamental message of my post.  I was just a little surprised at the lack of communication who wouldn't be ?  You obviously.  The only thing shown in a "completely different light" was your sad little provocative attempt at being a keyboard warrior. I noticed that you've tried it half a dozen times with other peoples posts on this particular thread.  The weather is a bit miserable today did you start drinking earlier than usual

• Haha 1