PM Happy with Thai-German Rice Project to Fight Global Warming

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, May 17 (TNA) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is pleased with Thai-German collaboration to implement the Thai Rice NAMA project to fight global warming, according to the government spokesman.

Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said Gen Prayut supported Thai Rice Nama, a project to increase the productivity of paddy fields, reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and promote the sustainability of rice cultivation.

According to the spokesman, the Thai Rice NAMA project results from cooperation between the Thai government sector and the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) and enjoys financial support from NAMA Facility. It is aimed at replacing Thailand's conventional rice cultivation which gives off as much as 55% of greenhouse gas emissions in the Thai agricultural sector.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-943036

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mavideol said:

I am still very confused the way his people refer to him.... is he a Gen or is he a PM

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha 

said Gen Prayut

Generally speaking he is the PM but formerly a General, well in reality.  One never looses the title unless its removed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Generally speaking he is the PM but formerly a General, well in reality.  One never looses the title unless its removed.

he gave the title away when he run for the so called "fake" democratic elections

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does that mean that I can now use the title of CPL, RAF Retired?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Does that mean that I can now use the title of CPL, RAF Retired?

Should you wish to as far as enhancing your written name....lol.  I prefer to use the title Mr. 

From what i gather it's mostly about LLL laser land leveling with machinery when fields are dry.

Replacing water puddling to level fields to be more efficient.

The main percentage of gas emissions in a crop come from fertilizer.

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I am still very confused the way his people refer to him.... is he a Gen or is he a PM

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha 

said Gen Prayut

Ahem... Is he really worthy of any of these two titles?

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Same as the UK Services, a lot of those old farts think they still have the rank, had a barrack warden in the RAF, still wanted to be known as Captain..

2 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Same as the UK Services, a lot of those old farts think they still have the rank, had a barrack warden in the RAF, still wanted to be known as Captain..

Mainwaring.....?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Same with police.

Thaksin was still referred to as Capt. Thaksin well after he entered politics and well after he was convicted.

The capt. title did disappear when it was officially removed. 

Plenty of other examples world wide. US presidents, after they finish their term are still addressed as president until they die. 

Edited by scorecard

6 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Surprisingly I found this on the internet:

I thought rice plants absorb carbon dioxide, not emit it.

Actually, as I learned in high school biology class, plants actually do emit CO2, mostly at night. But on balance, they consume more than they produce.

Anyway, CO2 isn't the only greenhouse gas. Methane is actually a far more potent greenhouse gas, and as Muhendis noted above, "Rotting underwater vegetation is the major contributor to the release of methane."

• Thanks 1