Bangkok Bank problem Internet banking

Anybody else having this problem?

I have been trying for 5 days to make a regular monthly transfer from my account.

I received the following message

We are sorry. The service is currently unavailable. Please try your request again later. If this problem persists please contact our Bualuang Phone Customer Service Representatives at 66 0-2645-5555 for further assistance. UI-05

I phoned this number and navigated through endless menus and after more than 20 minutes waiting,I still had not received a reply. At this point I gave up.

So the contact number is useless the “service” non-existent.

I do all my banking online these days which makes the situation all the more frustrating.

I have emailed them three times and still have not received the courtesy of a reply.

Is it just me?

• Like 1

When ever i have a problem (not often) i visit my branch always very helpful . My last visit was to access my account on my new phone . Always frustrating trying to sort it out myself not worth the stress . if you visit you bank make sure you take you pass port with you .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Did you try dialing 1333 on a mobile phone and using their English language customer service?  I haven't found the menus to be very difficult to navigate and can talk with a real person fairly quickly.

Every time I've tried to dial this and reach them, the wait times are just ridiculous. Think I waited almost an hour once, the other times around 30 minutes before giving up.

That said, I have had no problems using the mobile banking app or internet banking the past few days, or making payments using my debit card.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Did you try dialing 1333

This one.

Seems like a common message based a quick search of thai forums. On those forums, BBL reps recommend calling 1333. Doesn't seem to be one single issue, or any sort of outage.

But maybe the OP is outside of thailand?

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Mobile app or web interface?

Worth trying an alternative path.

On PC try other browser.

On mobile device instead of app use website (possible but maybe difficult to read/operate).

Use another device if available.

Some more details would be helpful.

Sounds like the error already appears at the login attempt?

Planned service outages are announced in time and usually happen Saturday night to Sunday morning.

I didn't do a transfer in the last few days but login to the app every morning without a glitch.

General reply to everyone.
Thanks for your contributions.

NancyLThe number that the bank gave as a contact takes you to to the same switchboard as 1333.

NancyL and harry94My local branch has never been very helpful with regard to Internet banking which they seem to see as a completely different service and nothing to do with them.

Ohyesuare: That is also my experience, the wait times are ridiculous.

KhunBENQ: I have no problem logging in the error message comes as soon as I attempt to transfer.

I'm looking into your advice about using another device/browser.

A friend works for a tech company that maintains and supports both the online banking website and mobile app for another prominent local bank. 

He has said that not a day goes by when some minor update, somewhere in the universe doesn't cause some unsuspected glitch to appear in their system and throw sand into the works.  Most of the time these issues are caught before they can interrupt service but by their very nature, banking applications are so security sensitive that occasionally one of these glitches will disrupt service.

• Like 2

Looking at my BKK bank app on my iphone, if I need to call them they show this number;

02-645-5555.

Those last 4 numbers seem somewhat ironic.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Parsve said:

I lost my pin code for the internet bank and went to my local BBK- bank office. No problem, you vill get an sms within 3-5 days. I have now been waiting for more than two months.  

You can reset your pin and get a new one at any Bangkok Bank ATM. Or keep waiting I guess, might still come one day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I had a similar error earlier efter some updates and it was that my settings was set to use . instead of , in the numbers. It was set to show 1.000,00 baht for Thousand instead of 1,000.00 Baht.

Might be that ?

4 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Using Bangkok Bank's system almost daily and experienced no significant problems in the past period..

same here and I do have monthly transfers set ... I do receive emails from them when they schedule site maintenance informing the service will be off from such time to such time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, harry94 said:

When ever i have a problem (not often) i visit my branch always very helpful . My last visit was to access my account on my new phone . Always frustrating trying to sort it out myself not worth the stress . if you visit you bank make sure you take you pass port with you .

it always works for me as well, drive down to the branch, wait for next available clerk and problem(s) solved

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrjohn said:

Looks like it's working OK on another browser.

So, the problem is possibly on your end. 

I use Bangkok Bank.  This week I've done one transfer to another person's acct via Chrome browser and several payments for Lazada purchases via mobile app.  Also did a couple of bill payments via mobile app.  No problems.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

You can reset your pin and get a new one at any Bangkok Bank ATM. Or keep waiting I guess, might still come one day.

On any banking system that I've known, you can only change the PIN on a card via an ATM if you know the current PIN.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, mrjohn said:

Looks like it's working OK on another browser.

A few times when I've called 1333 with a similar problem, their first recommendation is to try another browser.  Chrome is my preferred browser but sometimes it doesn't "get along" with Bangkok Bank internet banking.  I've tried this same trick with other online financial apps and it often works.  Good to keep Internet Explorer on your computer for just such times.  I guess developers are still using it as their "go-to" browser.

5 hours ago, mrjohn said:

I phoned this number and navigated through endless menus and after more than 20 minutes waiting,I still had not received a reply. At this point I gave up.

So the contact number is useless the “service” non-existent.

It was your choice to hang up, there is a recording advising of, and apologising for, potential delays.  If you'd have held the line you would have received an answer, the service is not "non existent".

5 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Using Bangkok Bank's system almost daily and experienced no significant problems in the past period..

Same, used it twice yesterday, four times in the last week, site opened quickly, all funds transfers completed perfectly.

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

On any banking system that I've known, you can only change the PIN on a card via an ATM if you know the current PIN.

The post I quoted said Internet banking. You are able to reset your password for Bangkok Bank Internet banking at an ATM, I've done it. ATM PINs are never done by SMS which is what they told him to wait for so he was obviously not talking about his ATM PIN.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Parsve said:

I lost my pin code for the internet bank and went to my local BBK- bank office. No problem, you vill get an sms within 3-5 days. I have now been waiting for more than two months.  

OP hasn't lost his PIN.  Create a new thread if you want to discuss your issue.

• Like 1