Anyone else had this and is it incorrect?

My last 90 day report expired 18th April '22 so 15 days or so before then on the 2nd April assuming no post office on Sunday I posted off the new one along with the umpteen copies of all pages in my passport as required. Naturally it was sent signed for and tracked, it arrived on the 4th April. 

On 5th April I went in to get the extension stamp in my passport having already attended the previous month with my wife and got the usual "under consideration" stamp, copied in with the 90 day report.

So with their usual efficiency (sarcasm here) some 6 weeks later the 90 day report, so faint as to be almost illegible, dropped into my letter box today. I assume they cannot afford ink or toner for their printers or are simply too damned lazy to refill them? 

Handwritten in ball pen on the bottom margin was the legend "Please copy last extension of "viss" which is the I.O's version of "Visa" I assume.

Now correct me if I am wrong on this or if they have changed the rules but my understanding is that the 90 day report of infamy is unconnected to the annual extension of the marriage-based visa? 

With this in mind I have scanned and enhanced their illegible 90 day report, printed it on a page together with a scan of the passport page showing extension (which the lazy sods could have found on their computer had they been that bothered) and a not suggestion they consult a Supervisor over whether their request was in fact a legal requirement now added to the annual extension exercise and also suggesting they added ink to their printer! 

Anyone know if they are now tying the 90 day report to the annual extension? At the time of issuing the extension the old 90 day report was still in date.

Image2.png

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Which Immigration office??

Buriram IO is known for doing this, and some others also, but what others NO idea.

Personally I like it that the 90 day is reset when the you got the "New Year" but others don't!

FYI Today I went to Cw for extension renewal,stapled in my passport was 90 report expiry May 25.

In my pile of renewal papers was an updated 90 day report expiry date August 8.

They scrapped the May 25 copy.

My extension expires June 20

• Like 1

Unconnected yes.  But when you do it by mail they want copies of the relevant passport pages.

From the immigration website:   Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days – สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง – Immigration Bureau

Notification by registered mail

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Unconnected yes.  But when you do it by mail they want copies of the relevant passport pages.

From the immigration website:   Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days – สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง – Immigration Bureau

Notification by registered mail

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa

And that is exactly what they got. They only got the passport page saying "Under Consideration" because at the time the 90 day report was sent in the extension had not been granted. They tell you to apply for 90 day report 15 days before expiry, just so happens that in doing that the renewal date was after the extension date. 

ah well, it's a 5 baht stamp only but they could easily have used the bar code to check my records if they were that anal about it. Too bloody lazy or incompetent or their system is not capable?

And my office for Immigration is CW.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2