How much time does your wife/gf spend talking to friends?

2long

Alot. Likely hours a day, if you include the time she actually hangs out with her friends. But, we are very independent. We spend many hours of the day apart, and I love that, and so does she. And not only talking on the phone. Playing on Tok Tok, Facebook, etc. It is incessant. But, it is also a generational thing. I find my smartphone very handy, but I am not married to it, nor am I tethered to the dame device. 

Where I draw the line, is when we are spending a quiet evening together, or we are out to eat together. I ask her to please get off the call, asap. You have all day to talk to these folks, to your hearts content. Not now, please.

Edited by spidermike007

On 5/20/2022 at 12:30 PM, pgrahmm said:

Nope.....

She might talk to a neighbor over the fence/low wall for about 10 minutes max....

She overheard a couple of neighbors gossiping & rarely talks with them, but they all get along....She dislikes gossip.....

Once, she spoke to another neighbor (that basically works - then home <cute with great legs>) for about 2 hours & I thought maybe I missed the apocalypse or something.....The neighbors are all long time, settled owners..... 

She might talk to her folks once every two weeks.....Our oldest daughter is in the Uni so they check in a few times a week - never over 10 minutes ...

Friends - rarely, she's got a group of 12 from her Uni days that had formed a study group....Each went on to be successful & their contact over time has dwindled....FB seems to cover all their updates.....

However, when there are family visits they'll prattle on for hours....

I'm actually more visible & outgoing around the Mubaan than she is....

Phone conversations - I've never seen her talk for over 15 minutes....

Are you sure she is Thai???

On 5/20/2022 at 3:08 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Barefoot and pregnant is what I say. Be a man.

At my age, I could think of nothing worse than fatherhood. She is barefoot most of the time.

I think my GF's personal record was meeting a friend at Maya mall in Chiang Mai, and talking for six hours.

I've accepted Thais are the most socially connected people on the planet, have at it.

Doesn't affect me, I do my own thing, reading or surfing the internet.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I think my GF's personal record was meeting a friend at Maya mall in Chiang Mai, and talking for six hours.

I've accepted Thais are the most socially connected people on the planet, have at it.

Doesn't affect me, I do my own thing, reading or surfing the internet.

Well, six hours is quite a feat. Would need to fall into a deeper meditation state to afford it this long. You are right, Thai people are very sociable, and if they are then my wife might be part of the upper 1%. Wherever she shows up - regardless if in Switzerland or Thailand or wherever we visit, she makes friends in a jiffy and starts chatting - quite the opposite of what I would do. Her talent, aura and disposition in this regard is facilitating communication with even official administrations and is a door opener (I remember opening my first bank account which I did with a hotel adress and without visa - OK - some time ago).

But sometimes it is just too much for me. Noise cancelling phones can help as well as can ear plugs - "Ohropax" being the only ones I know that really work. OP, rest assured - you are not alone.

Edited by moogradod
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, patongphil said:

Are you sure she is Thai???

Yep - 100%.....Central Thailand = wide open spaces. Not too many neighbors - but there must have been someone around to talk to.....

Actually, her family doesn't seem overly chatty by observation.....

It works well for me, as my family wasn't overly out going / chatty either.....

48 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Well, six hours is quite a feat. Would need to fall into a deeper meditation state to afford it this long. You are right, Thai people are very sociable, and if they are then my wife might be part of the upper 1%. Wherever she shows up - regardless if in Switzerland or Thailand or wherever we visit, she makes friends in a jiffy and starts chatting - quite the opposite of what I would do. Her talent, aura and disposition in this regard is facilitating communication with even official administrations and is a door opener (I remember opening my first bank account which I did with a hotel adress and without visa - OK - some time ago).

But sometimes it is just too much for me. Noise cancelling phones can help as well as can ear plugs - "Ohropax" being the only ones I know that really work. OP, rest assured - you are not alone.

I spent 8 years together with a Filipina that, honestly, never met a stranger & would have somebody's life story out of them within minutes of meeting - almost anywhere on earth.... Happenstance, casual, or social - she had that knack.....

For me, who's pretty quiet, it was both fascinating & impatience-nating at the same time - I'd just wait it out....Everybody loved her....

My wife can be very sociable & jovial in casual conversation.... She just doesn't care for long, drawn out chit chat or gossip ....

Edited by pgrahmm

Again I find my experience very different.  I was going to start a forum with something like "We not too mut talking" to ask how many of you had wives or girl friends who did NOT talk a lot. My partner goes days, maybe weeks, without talking to her mother who lives in the same house.  This may be because of a different Thai trait: fear of words leading to fighting.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, habuspasha said:

Again I find my experience very different.  I was going to start a forum with something like "We not too mut talking" to ask how many of you had wives or girl friends who did NOT talk a lot. My partner goes days, maybe weeks, without talking to her mother who lives in the same house.  This may be because of a different Thai trait: fear of words leading to fighting.  

The awful silence treatment