Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Anutin backtracks on July 1 endemic goal

webfact

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

but you and your brethren achieve nothing except to show that you lost the game. the tsunami of FUD coming from you guys is old already, get a new shtick. 

You are wrong to say they achieve nothing, they have demonstrated to the Thai population how infantile foreigners can be.

• Confused 3

The world is getting over covid,travel being eased everywhere as we speak.thailand is taking it,s time,but they will come around sooner than later,end of the year i hope things are back to normal

Edited by bristolgeoff

2 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

The world is getting over covid,travel being eased everywhere as we speak.thailand is taking it,s time,but they will come around sooner than later,end of the year i hope things are back to normal

I was thinking that a few days ago.... not long after reading the usual cry baby stuff here about having to wear masks in Thailand, when nowhere else requires it. Yet there on TV, as police discussed the latest mass shooting in the USA, many wearing masks, and then at a Sumo competition in Japan, the crowd masked up. We now hear North Korea is in trouble now.

People should let Thailand and Thais make up their own mind.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Politicians love taking away freedoms and liberties. They hate returning them. Especially mobs like the Thai "government". Expect this to drag on for a good while yet.

Thankfully for them, Monkeypox is on the way and they can lock down again for that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is no surprise.

If Covid is deemed endemic, then there is no need for the CCSA and its 'emergency decrees'.

They would then have to follow the rules instead of acting like dictators.

im starting to hate this place Fools all of them   Dictatorship  you are spot on

8 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Thankfully for them, Monkeypox is on the way and they can lock down again for that.

Yep; and won't be long before you will be 'Tested' entering the country and told you will be paying for a month in isolation at a five Star Hotel !

On 5/19/2022 at 7:34 PM, webfact said:

Covid-19 will not be declared as an endemic disease on July 1, the health minister said on Friday, despite earlier suggestions that it would be.

Thanks! Do what you like as we & I imagine most others that use to stay in Thailand a few months a year have moved on

My wife & I just returned from a great trip around the Pacific North West of the USA

Beautiful ! Clean! Safe driving! .***NO MASKS! *** not on the planes & not anywhere in the PNW it was so nice

Neither did anyone ask if we were vaccinated or to see our cards

Prices were also better than ever with exceptional foods & tourist locations that not only did not dual price but did not even charge

Made us realize & wonder why we did not do this more often instead of always going year after year back to our old home of Thailand to eat cheap unhealthy foods & take high risks on the road + long plane rides

Edited by mania

On 5/20/2022 at 3:19 PM, spidermike007 said:

Love it! We all need to be able to laugh and joke. At ourselves, at others, and at total nonsense. 

Agreed.  A fully functional sense of humor cuts through a lot of life's absurdities.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Anutin is either an extraordinarily weak man, who does not believe in science, or he is simply demonstrating fealty to his pathologically insane superiors, who's thirst for power overrides any common sense, decency, morality, good business, or the ability to think independently. 

Whichever one he is, he is a blight on the Thai landscape. Woe is the nation, when it is run by bottom of the barrel leadership. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 10:36 PM, spidermike007 said:

And it is likely a nothing burger. My guess is each subsequent variant of Omi will be weaker. Yet, the media will attempt to whip us up into a panic. Not buying any of their nonsense. Omi is good. It means we are near the end. 

That is, until the next pathogen that they design. 

Something to look forward to. 

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2022 at 6:54 AM, jacko45k said:

I was thinking that a few days ago.... not long after reading the usual cry baby stuff here about having to wear masks in Thailand, when nowhere else requires it. Yet there on TV, as police discussed the latest mass shooting in the USA, many wearing masks, and then at a Sumo competition in Japan, the crowd masked up. We now hear North Korea is in trouble now.

Nah. They are briefly masking up in the US, due to the recent surge. It is now dropping again, and masks will be done away with. When I was there recently, very few wore masks. Japan, Taiwan, and China are the height of paranoia, yet the cases are barely dropping. Zero covid is ignorant and stupid. It is time to do away with them here, especially outdoors, on motorbikes, etc. At a given point in time it becomes ridiculous and comical. Science denial. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 4:54 PM, jacko45k said:

Indeed. To the popular, and rather deluded, notions that all is well as such applies to particular protocols the world over.

It varies considerably, some places have opted to free up regardless and others are still sticking, loosely, to the managed mitigation practice. There's no standard as to what is right or wrong these days. 

Though i understand that the situation is dynamic and changes may be required as needed, it baffles me why other countries seemingly were and are able to come forth with a plan of not only opening up but even completely abolish rules and restrictions and are back to an almost pre-covid normal. Looking at various European countries, they are back to normal, with unrestricted travel, holiday resort already doing business, restaurants operating at full capacity and no masks since months now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JPHa said:

Though i understand that the situation is dynamic and changes may be required as needed, it baffles me why other countries seemingly were and are able to come forth with a plan of not only opening up but even completely abolish rules and restrictions and are back to an almost pre-covid normal. Looking at various European countries, they are back to normal, with unrestricted travel, holiday resort already doing business, restaurants operating at full capacity and no masks since months now.

Have you been in a cave the last couple of years?  

That is all that has been talked about here!

Keep up!

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah. They are briefly masking up in the US, due to the recent surge. It is now dropping again, and masks will be done away with. When I was there recently, very few wore masks. Japan, Taiwan, and China are the height of paranoia, yet the cases are barely dropping. Zero covid is ignorant and stupid. It is time to do away with them here, especially outdoors, on motorbikes, etc. At a given point in time it becomes ridiculous and comical. Science denial. 

As said before, I will comply and wear one when people around me do the same. I ride around on the bike without, and drive the truck similarly without, but with one handy in case of a police stop. Still nearly all people wearing them in the mall yesterday, and in the open air restaurant in the evening, people arriving wearing them. I believe they were the Bangkok crowd, likely heading home stopping off for a meal. Their country, their rules, and they certainly do not need to be insulted for their cautious behaviour. Although I was a little taken aback to see a guy produce a small bottle of spray, and a tissue and give the shopping cart handle a good clean before taking it into BigC-X. 

9 hours ago, JPHa said:

For me that's one of the positives of Covid, to any fair observer it shows that the West remains ahead of the rest of the pack. Ukraine is just the icing on the cake.

On 5/20/2022 at 1:56 PM, spidermike007 said:

No surprise here. Let's get rid of the masks. If the authorities want to keep them, to make sure the fear and paranoia remain, let's just say NO! The lack of science in this debate, and situation is stunning. 

It is really about keeping the people scared, at this time. Numbers continue to drop, standard cloth masks have limited effectiveness, wearing them outdoors is downright silly, and this ultra paranoid behavior has to stop. The government and goons like Anutin are largely responsible for an environment of fear at this stage of the game. This is about maintaining paranoia, control, and fear. After all, you would not want the people to get too comfortable. They might take to the streets again, and show their disdain for this thoroughly toxic, and nearly useless administration. 

Questioning the narrative is essential to life, prosperity and well being. Being a lemming is not a desirable trait. We all know how minor the effect of a cloth mask is. Defy nonsense. Be disobedient. Defy stupidity and big brother's diabolical scare mongering nonsense, every chance you get. 

If it's endemic gov stop paying.  Not about anything else than saving money.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

As said before, I will comply and wear one when people around me do the same. I ride around on the bike without, and drive the truck similarly without, but with one handy in case of a police stop. Still nearly all people wearing them in the mall yesterday, and in the open air restaurant in the evening, people arriving wearing them. I believe they were the Bangkok crowd, likely heading home stopping off for a meal. Their country, their rules, and they certainly do not need to be insulted for their cautious behaviour. Although I was a little taken aback to see a guy produce a small bottle of spray, and a tissue and give the shopping cart handle a good clean before taking it into BigC-X. 

I agree about the cautious behavior. I do not agree about the extreme paranoia, panic and fear. Wearing a mask on a motorbike, in a park, on the beach, in your car, in your home, in many outdoor places, and even at a restaurant, is silly. You are just going to remove it anyway. Does walking into a restaurant with a mask on offer any safety or protection of any sort? I get it, if someone is hacking and coughing. Otherwise, let us get on with our lives. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree about the cautious behavior. I do not agree about the extreme paranoia, panic and fear. Wearing a mask on a motorbike, in a park, on the beach, in your car, in your home, in many outdoor places, and even at a restaurant, is silly. You are just going to remove it anyway. Does walking into a restaurant with a mask on offer any safety or protection of any sort? I get it, if someone is hacking and coughing. Otherwise, let us get on with our lives. 

There is nothing wrong with being cautious and I guess nobody will forcibly remove or rip it off of your face if you still want to wear one. But mandatory wearing it in places that are obvious not significantly relevant for spreading the virus or just closing up certain venues, but allowing similar businesses to remain open, just seem very inconsistent and there would have been time to amend, but seemingly there seems to be no interest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Does walking into a restaurant with a mask on offer any safety or protection of any sort?

It does to those already seated, dining without masks, they deserve consideration.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It does to those already seated, dining without masks, they deserve consideration.

You completely lost me. Is it airborne, or not? And why does walking in with a mask offer protection to those who are seated without one? You are referring to cloth masks, right? Where is the science? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You completely lost me. Is it airborne, or not? And why does walking in with a mask offer protection to those who are seated without one? You are referring to cloth masks, right? Where is the science? 

Dear me, where have you been for 2 years? If you cannot grasp this I think it is a subject beyond you. Remember the old phrase, 'coughs and sneezes, spread diseases'....I did not specify cloth masks, why even bring up the distinction? 

The science has been around for over 2 years. It appears not to have reached you... this very second, on my TV, Sky discuss this new monkey pox, and they said it is spread in droplets from coughs and sneezes. (And sexually).

Edited by jacko45k
  • Sad 1