Certificate of residence question

Will be visiting CW to do my first 90 day report in person in a few weeks and want to obtain a certificate of residence after I do the 90 day report.  Does anyone know which counter I should go to and is there a form available that I can fill out before I attend immigration for this?

Thank you 

They will provide you with a form that asks reason for certificate.

Such as car TDL etc.

The main thing that they want is copy of your 90 report.

As your obtaining the 90 day report same visit you will need to nip downstairs to the photocopy stall. 

If looking to obtain car AND bike license just tick one.

200baht service and takes between one and two weeks

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Once you get the 90 day report receipt come out of Room A (where they do 90 day reports) and go to Counter B. <-That's the counter that does TM30's and issues certificates of residence,
As Dr Jack correctly stated they'll charge you 200 baht, give you a receipt an EMS tracking number and mail the certificate to the address you used for the 90 day report.    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

They will provide you with a form that asks reason for certificate.

Such as car TDL etc.

The main thing that they want is copy of your 90 report.

As your obtaining the 90 day report same visit you will need to nip downstairs to the photocopy stall. 

If looking to obtain car AND bike license just tick one.

200baht service and takes between one and two weeks

Please post Photo of receipt.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

Once you get the 90 day report receipt come out of Room A (where they do 90 day reports) and go to Counter B. <-That's the counter that does TM30's and issues certificates of residence,
As Dr Jack correctly stated they'll charge you 200 baht, give you a receipt an EMS tracking number and mail the certificate to the address you used for the 90 day report.    

200 baht seems rather expensive for an EMS, the charge i pay to the place where i take my car for the annual check charge 50 baht to send all docs back to me.

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

200 baht seems rather expensive for an EMS, the charge i pay to the place where i take my car for the annual check charge 50 baht to send all docs back to me.

Coincidentally costs me 200baht to enter Koh Samed and 40baht for my Thai. 

As for me I love it. 

More for the moaners on AseanNow to complain about. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Coincidentally costs me 200baht to enter Koh Samed and 40baht for my Thai. 

As for me I love it. 

More for the moaners on AseanNow to complain about. 

And that is related to posting an EMS letter exactly ?

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

And that is related to posting an EMS letter exactly ?

About as related as your comment regarding receipt for 200baht for posting and process of residence certificate.

NO you do not receive a receipt.

Nor do you for the 200baht service fee at swampy to fill in tm8 and photo etc for reentry permit if you choose that option.

Deal with it and move on.

Do people really need this pointed out daily. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

And how does that work for you at CW. 

Also cost. 

Why would I not use an agent? Rather pay for the convenience & the cost is minuscule. Can’t recall the prices exactly. Extremely reasonable. 

Haven’t done a 90 day report in person for nearly 20 years.
Every five years I hire them to set up my drivers license renewal. Door to door service with a smile. 
Occasionally I buy a new bike and they do my paperwork. It’s all very painless & inexpensive.

Can’t believe a retiree or tourist would bother to do the grunt work themselves.
(Unless you’re the type that stays in a ‘fan room’ asks for tap water in restaurants and cuts your own hair)

Admittedly, once a year I do drag myself to the bank and get a bank book certificate, then phone my trusty Immigration Officer to make an appointment to bypass the queue and extend my VISA, tip her 1,000bt and I’m outta there in 15 minutes. 

This is SE Asia my friend. Services are cheap.
I don’t clean house, wash the car, do the dishes or jerk myself off. 

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Why would I not use an agent? Rather pay for the convenience & the cost is minuscule. Can’t recall the prices exactly. Extremely reasonable. 

Haven’t done a 90 day report in person for nearly 20 years.
Every five years I hire them to set up my drivers license renewal. Door to door service with a smile. 
Occasionally I buy a new bike and they do my paperwork. It’s all very painless & inexpensive.

Can’t believe a retiree or tourist would bother to do the grunt work themselves.
(Unless you’re the type that stays in a ‘fan room’ asks for tap water in restaurants and cuts your own hair)

Admittedly, once a year I do drag myself to the bank and get a bank book certificate, then phone my trusty Immigration Officer to make an appointment to bypass the queue and extend my VISA, tip her 1,000bt and I’m outta there in 15 minutes. 

This is SE Asia my friend. Services are cheap.
I don’t clean house, wash the car, do the dishes or jerk myself off. 

Lot of words about little.

The OP is doing his first 90 report.

He is also obtaining a residence certificate.

You stated obtaining residence certificate same day from CW using agent. 

Which immigration do you deal with. Clearly not CW, the office that the OP is dealing with. 

When? 

How much? Was this service at CW. 

Simple questions. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Lot of words about little.

The OP is doing his first 90 report.

He is also obtaining a residence certificate.

You stated obtaining residence certificate same day from CW using agent. 

Which immigration do you deal with. Clearly not CW, the office that the OP is dealing with. 

When? 

How much? Was this service at CW. 

Simple questions. 

Ask the agent. 

• Sad 3

On 5/23/2022 at 12:20 PM, DrJack54 said:

About as related as your comment regarding receipt for 200baht for posting and process of residence certificate.

NO you do not receive a receipt.

Nor do you for the 200baht service fee at swampy to fill in tm8 and photo etc for reentry permit if you choose that option.

Deal with it and move on.

Do people really need this pointed out daily. 

I don't move on from corruption and nobody else should, if it's a genuine charge for EMS mail then a receipt should be issued. If your not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. I deal with it by not paying bribes end of.

• Haha 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

I don't move on from corruption and nobody else should, if it's a genuine charge for EMS mail then a receipt should be issued. If your not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. I deal with it by not paying bribes end of.

And what then do you do when your Imm Office refuses to provide a needed service without one? Sounds fine in theory, but not so easy in practice.

Those of you complaining about 250 baht for residence certificate -- my IO charges 1,500 baht. From minimum wage migrant workers, no less. And will nto accept or process a 90 day report or TM 30 without a 100 baht bribe (and, of course won't accept them online).

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Early next year I will need to renew my TDL.

I will trot off to CW to obtain the required residence certificate.

200baht. 

Not a problem. 

Can you please stick to topic.

The OP asked how to obtain residence certificate and do first 90 day report. 

I answered that in my first post. 

Placed on ignore. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Spend hours on a round trip in a taxi out to CW is about 600Bt., then pay 200Bt. for the certificate and wait 2 weeks for delivery?

Then another 500bt. round trip to the Land Transport Dept., wait around half a day doing monkey work. (Try not to get a dose of Covid while you're standing in the queue with the other cheapskates.) LOL

Just have an agent do it. One call, they get all the paperwork together (even a health check certificate LOL) Door to door, air-conditioned chauffeur service, they bypass the queue, communicate with the staff, make sure it's all in order and then drop you off at home.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Name one along with cost.

I'm referring to residence certificate obtained same day.

Otherwise all just hyperbole.

Not everyone has the means to hire an agent apparently or even knows how to find one. 
For those people, they can take the bus, make copies, fill out the forms, wait in the queue, put up with the nonsense of some moody Immigration cop or incompetent government employee…. Then wait and hope the mail eventually arrives. 

Not how I choose to spend my time. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SergeD said:

Non-aircon express way bus from Victory monument costs 10฿ one way and takes half an hour though. 22฿ if aircon.

Really it delivers by EMS same week, ordered mine at Wednesday and got it at Sunday.

Try to use more rapid and cheap transport, both MRT and skytrain are available in the area. 

With the scheduled appointment it takes no more than an hour.

Come on man! I’m sure you’ve got the best vaccine ever (using an agent with door to door delivery of course) which is keeping you safe from any virus.

You strongly believe that you are wealthy for good in this life. But sometimes things changes.

Resume that you can’t give us reliable agent contacts as Dr Jack54 asked.

Not gonna share my contacts with the cheapskates on this thread.
You don’t have to be a Warren Buffet to hire an agent in Thailand. 

Enjoy your time on the 10bt non aircon busses.
You really should live large and try that 22bt bus sometime. I hear its luxurious. 

22 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Immigration has no obligation to issue you a certificate of residence, they just do you a favor by issuing it.

If you have a problem with the charge from the IO you can get one from your embassy, you might pay 2000 baht, but you will probably get a receipt.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 4:57 PM, Sheryl said:

And what then do you do when your Imm Office refuses to provide a needed service without one? Sounds fine in theory, but not so easy in practice.

Those of you complaining about 250 baht for residence certificate -- my IO charges 1,500 baht. From minimum wage migrant workers, no less. And will nto accept or process a 90 day report or TM 30 without a 100 baht bribe (and, of course won't accept them online).

My immigration does not refuse any service if you have the right documents, if not they tell you what is needed, outside of their control, they don't overlook a document for cash, No tips are needed on KC or at Trat Immigration, I have got letters of residence for free, albeit I have to return in a few days  normally, but they have done one in 30min when i needed it in a hurry and I've picked up one for a friend, when i go for my marriage extension my wife is with me, Good luck to officers trying to get a bribe outa' her, not worth the risk  :post-4641-1156693976:  ????

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 1