Jump to content

Certificate of residence question


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2022 at 4:57 PM, Sheryl said:

And what then do you do when your Imm Office refuses to provide a needed service without one? Sounds fine in theory, but not so easy in practice.

 

Those of you complaining about 250 baht for residence certificate -- my IO charges 1,500 baht. From minimum wage migrant workers, no less. And will nto accept or process a 90 day report or TM 30 without a 100 baht bribe (and, of course won't accept them online).

My immigration does not refuse any service if you have the right documents, if not they tell you what is needed, outside of their control, they don't overlook a document for cash, No tips are needed on KC or at Trat Immigration, I have got letters of residence for free, albeit I have to return in a few days  normally, but they have done one in 30min when i needed it in a hurry and I've picked up one for a friend, when i go for my marriage extension my wife is with me, Good luck to officers trying to get a bribe outa' her, not worth the risk  :post-4641-1156693976:  😜

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No tips are needed on KC or at Trat Immigration

So helpful.

Not everyone deals with Trat.

Come to Bangkok or MANY other immigration offices and stamp your feet at charge for residence certificate.

The OP asked about CW not Trat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Not gonna share my contacts with the cheapskates on this thread.
You don’t have to be a Warren Buffet to hire an agent in Thailand. 

Enjoy your time on the 10bt non aircon busses.
You really should live large and try that 22bt bus sometime. I hear its luxurious. 

I have repeatedly tried hard to find an agent for all this <deleted>.

And I know of other people who tried. 

I couldn't find any agent who would fit your description. 

 

What I did find were agents who told me "you need document A, form B, fill out C, draw a map, make copies, and when you have everything ready and have done all the work yourself come to see us instead of going to immigration/MFA/DLT/wherever. We will take your money and go with you, you don't have to be afraid, we will talk to the officials.  You won't know what the officials said,  you will just know what we tell you."

 

I have seen these agents at various government agencies.

 

Thank you very much,  if I  have to do everything by myself, what do I need these guys for? Just four holding hands or because I am scared to enter a government office by myself?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I couldn't find any agent who would fit your description.

That's because they don't exist.

Agents can assist with many things. 

Just a few examples....

90 day reports however not for late report and subsequent fine.

 

In any event the new online system vast improvement. Agent bit irrelevant. 

 

Obtain non O retirement and extension without financials ...yes that's agent bread and butter work.

 

Obtain door to door covid extensions without under consideration. Yes. Approx 6k.

 

Residence certificate certainly not at CW. Perhaps possible at some immigration offices. 

 

TDL basically zero assistance possible. 

 

Ignore a lot of what some folk post especially if cannot name agent and cost. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, brianthainess said:

My immigration does not refuse any service if you have the right documents, if not they tell you what is needed, outside of their control, they don't overlook a document for cash, No tips are needed on KC or at Trat Immigration, I have got letters of residence for free, albeit I have to return in a few days  normally, but they have done one in 30min when i needed it in a hurry and I've picked up one for a friend, when i go for my marriage extension my wife is with me, Good luck to officers trying to get a bribe outa' her, not worth the risk  :post-4641-1156693976:  😜

Lucky for you, but not very helpful for those of us who live where the IO is thoroughly (and unusually) corrupt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Residence certificate certainly not at CW.

That's exactly my experience. 

 

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

TDL basically zero assistance possible.

Again, exactly my experience. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lorry said:
23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

TDL basically zero assistance possible.

Again, exactly my experience

The thing is I am not anti agent.

Have refered many folk to agent for various reasons.

 

Back during height of covid I wanted to obtain TDL.

I did the residence certificate myself at MTT.

However que numbers for non Thai at transport office were very restricted.

 

I used agent BSR bikes.

The lovely thai lady met me at 7.30am transport office.

I was given que #1

So yes agents can assist.

 

Just don't listen to some rubbish in this thread.

For residence certificate I asked few agents such as ...

BSR and Fatboy's and visa agents.

NOT POSSIBLE. 

Ignore the peanut gallery.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Lucky for you, but not very helpful for those of us who live where the IO is thoroughly (and unusually) corrupt.

Phuket immigration - Cert of Resi absolutely free of charge, wait time 4-7 days

 

90 day report, I do by post , never a problem.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The lovely thai lady met me at 7.30am transport office.

I was given que #1

I went to DLT myself today at 7.30 am.

I was given qeue #2.

🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I went to DLT myself today at 7.30 am.

I was given qeue #2.

🙂

I used an agent when covid was big issue. 

It's not now.

Not sure of your point.

 

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Phuket immigration - Cert of Resi absolutely free of charge, wait time 4-7 days

 

90 day report, I do by post , never a problem.

This thread is about residence certificate at CW.......not Phuket.

 I give up.

Also you state....

"90 day report, I do by post , never a problem"

 

Nothing to do with OP.

BTW why would anyone expect issue with 90 report via mail. 

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 9:11 AM, Sheryl said:

Lucky for you, but not very helpful for those of us who live where the IO is thoroughly (and unusually) corrupt.

Agreed Sheryl.

An IO is not someone that you will win a discussion or argument with.

Shouting and flaying arms doesn't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Lorry said:

I went to DLT myself today at 7.30 am.

I was given qeue #2.

🙂

Does that mean you got your TDL the same day?

I went at 3:30pm and got an appointment about 3 weeks later, I was given a list of available appointments and had to write my name at my chosen time slot, lots of others on that day so I presumed you cannot just turn up and get the same day, I was wanting to get a TDL based off my UK Driving license so not do a test.

 

I also showed the QR code from the online training but she was not interested in it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

This thread is about residence certificate at CW.......not Phuket.

 I give up.

Also you state....

"90 day report, I do by post , never a problem"

 

Nothing to do with OP.

BTW why would anyone expect issue with 90 report via mail. 

I am replying to Sheryl not you,

She stated that her office is horribly corrupt and asks for bribes even for a 90 day report

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

I am replying to Sheryl not you,

She stated that her office is horribly corrupt and asks for bribes even for a 90 day report

She posted that to comment on a post from someone that residence certificate was Easy Peasy at Trat.

 

She was basically pointing out that it's irrelevant as imm offices vary and what happens at Trat has zip to do with other offices.

Then you post what occurs at Phuket.

Again irrelevant as the thread was simply about residence certificate at CW.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RegisteredUser said:

Does that mean you got your TDL the same day?

I was there for an extension of an existing TDL.

I did have an appointment for a day 10 days ago,  at that day I didn't have my Certificate of residence yet, so i just showed up as soon as i had it.

I had the new TDL in my hands at 8.25 a.m.

 

BTW my appointment was at Bangchak, not Morchit. They had appointments available within a week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...